ImageImageImageImageImage

Bogut Watch - now with AdonalFoyle4Prez's poll

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

What will eventually become of Bogut this season?

Yes, he will come to play, just not right now. Just give him maybe 1-3 months to fully recover...
72%
No, he's damaged goods and will miss the entire season *sigh*
16%
Move/trade him. Milwaukee had the better end of the trade.
8%
Don't Care.
4%

Total votes: 100

Lucky Striker
Banned User
And1: 8

Re: Bogut Watch - now with AdonalFoyle4Prez's poll 

Post#941 » by Lucky Striker » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:02 am

Will be very interesting to see what happens to Monta in free agency. Will someone overpay him to be a starting SG or pay him right (around $9m/yr) to be a top sixth man? And would he accept it?

I'm sure Memphis would LOVE to have him there in that role. Would he give a Southern Fried home region discount to be their backup PG and first scorer off the bench?
paul
RealGM
And1: 1,038

Post#942 » by paul » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:37 am

turk3d wrote:
FireNellieQuick wrote:
turk3d wrote:11-9. Better than us for sure.

Milwaukee went 11-11 after the Monta trade, actually. Not exactly the huge uptick you are trying to portray when showing the Warriors record post Monta leaving, after we essentially found excuses to bench anyone who played well. Cute prejudice speech tho

In games that Monta actually played for them, 11-9 which is what matters. Must have lost the two games he missed.

And the guy claimed we would have been worse had we kept him. If you buy into that. :lol:

We only one 6 after trading him after winning 17 before that. Hate on Monta all you want, but like I said, let's not make up stuff just to satisfy your hate.

Um I think you got confused, I said the Bucks would have had a better record without Monta on their team. From someone who's seen pretty much every one of those games I stand by that statement 100%. The Bucks record since the trade is OK but we had the softest schedule imaginable to finish last season yet still couldn't beat anyone above .500 while this season have won most of our games in spite of him rather than because of him.

He's been horrendous, like it or don't it's up to you.
Left*My*Heart
RealGM
And1: 641

Post#943 » by Left*My*Heart » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:12 pm

Monta needs to be used as he was in the "We Believe" season. He should never be the primary scorer, as he will never be efficient enough.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,006

Post#944 » by FNQ » Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:39 pm

turk3d wrote:One thing you seem to fail to realize, whoever Monta is playing against, he's a major threat to them and takes a lot of defensive pressure off of his teammates which create opportunities for them, even if he's playing seemingly bad. He really needs to play point guard imo (probably won't happen in Milwaukee due to Jennings) and instructed by his coach to look to set up teammates more consistently which he has proven he can do if that becomes his focus.

Just like AR proved he could defend if it becomes his focus? How long do you wait for the same people still not getting it? And dont act like Monta doesn't have the ball in his hands enough to set up teammates. He always does. Upwards of 28% usage every season since coming back from his moped injury, and he's never consistently set up teammates.

At some point, potential needs to become results. Monta's 27 in his 8th year in the league. He's never had an assist % higher than 28.6 and he's coupled that with poor defense and lackluster efficiency while constantly calling his own #.

Instead of inventing unlikely scenarios to keep your hope alive, maybe its time to suck it up and admit that Monta's not a very good basketball player and should really, at best, be a Jason Terry type. But that's even a disservice to Terry, who also had to lead crappy teams, but still found a way to be a better PG, better defender, and even better scorer, all with less usage, at 25 y/o.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,006

Post#945 » by FNQ » Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:42 pm

Lucky Striker wrote:Will be very interesting to see what happens to Monta in free agency. Will someone overpay him to be a starting SG or pay him right (around $9m/yr) to be a top sixth man? And would he accept it?

I'm sure Memphis would LOVE to have him there in that role. Would he give a Southern Fried home region discount to be their backup PG and first scorer off the bench?

I think MEM is perfect for him, and if he brings in MLE money (I think thats his value to winning teams) then MEM becomes a little more dangerous. Don't forget they have Tony Wroten in addition, so you have a scenario where there's a huge PG-type down there who could guard SGs, something that would help out Monta tremendously.

I'd have him going to a scrubby team with big pockets though. If his attitude is anything like his basketball style, winning won't be a priority
rcfc1
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,586

Post#946 » by rcfc1 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:41 pm

Hmmm...I came here looking for Bogut news/discussion.

I see that rumors about Bogut watch have been greatly exaggerated.

Change title name to Monta/Udoh discussion?
floppymoose wrote:I'm starting to see the value of adding Durant.
sfhand
Senior
And1: 323

Post#947 » by sfhand » Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:21 pm

+1...
It has been a while since anyone who knows has said anything about Bogut's ankle. I'm not hoping for an expected return date but I would like to know how his rehab is progressing... It is hard to "follow" this aspect of the team without information. Oh well...
TB
General Manager
And1: 1,142

Post#948 » by TB » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:18 pm

winning makes people forget about their problems. Warriors PR isn't going to talk about Bogut when they can just talk about all-stars and playoff hopes.
bogutsdad
Senior
And1: 0

Post#949 » by bogutsdad » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:28 am

rcfc1 wrote:Hmmm...I came here looking for Bogut news/discussion.

I see that rumors about Bogut watch have been greatly exaggerated.

Change title name to Monta/Udoh discussion?

Hard to even find his name mentioned lol. I'm guessing, after their awesome start to the season they will not rush him at all and I'd be surprised to see him play before the end of the year. I think when he comes in he will be quite fresh and in game shape ready to go
sfhand
Senior
And1: 323

Post#950 » by sfhand » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:33 am

According to MT's chat today, the soonest Bogut is expected back is early 2013.
Franc
Analyst
And1: 95

Post#951 » by Franc » Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:33 am

sfhand wrote:According to MT's chat today, the soonest Bogut is expected back is early 2013.

Do you have a LINK ? Please.
When you put on that jersey, the name on the front is more important then the name on the back.
statsman
Analyst
And1: 438

Post#952 » by statsman » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:00 pm

Franc wrote:
sfhand wrote:According to MT's chat today, the soonest Bogut is expected back is early 2013.

http://www.ibabuzz.com/warriors/2012/12/14/golden-state-warriors-live-chat-friday-at-1-p-m/

"Any timetable for Bogut and Rush? Can we see them in playoffs?"

MT: "@_SaySar Rush definitely not ... Bogut, I haven't heard anything new. last i was told, early 2013"
Franc
Analyst
And1: 95

Post#953 » by Franc » Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:36 pm

statsman wrote:
Franc wrote:

http://www.ibabuzz.com/warriors/2012/12/14/golden-state-warriors-live-chat-friday-at-1-p-m/

"Any timetable for Bogut and Rush? Can we see them in playoffs?"

MT: "@_SaySar Rush definitely not ... Bogut, I haven't heard anything new. last i was told, early 2013"

Thanks.
When you put on that jersey, the name on the front is more important then the name on the back.
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,810

Post#954 » by cdubbz » Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:51 pm

How long has it been since Bogut's surgery and what was the timetable for return? I hope we don't rush him at all, but at the same time the sooner he gets in the flow of things the better we will be. We need to keep our pace of winning in order to stay in the playoff hunt.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
GSForever
Banned User
And1: 10

Post#955 » by GSForever » Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:24 am

I agree with the other posters. I like this team moving forward. But if Bogut health can't hold up then he has to take a discount contract or we free up money with him leaving. Really hard to see him play 41 games and get a max ext. Or if he plays a decent amount of games but it looks like he's playing hurt out there.
joshuapending
Junior
And1: 101

Post#956 » by joshuapending » Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:02 am

To be honest I don't think he would be offered max and I'm sure he would take a cut. He is not unrealistic, he has gone through a lot and there are questions all over his health. As long as its not an offer that is really low balling him I'm sure he would sign.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
GSForever
Banned User

Post#957 » by GSForever » Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:57 am

I highly doubt that. Because this could be a potentially career ending injury and he may look to get his next big contract. Some lowly team might sweep in and offer a contract that the Dubs might not match.Bogut will go all in and take what's in the market
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,551

Post#958 » by blazza18 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:08 am

Depending on the situation and how is comeback from this ankle injury goes I think he'll wanna stay with the Warriors. If not he'd be best off signing with a contender for a chance at a ring.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
GSForever
Banned User

Post#959 » by GSForever » Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:39 am

Like how Manning signed with Denver for mega bucks when he had looks from the Niners
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,551

Post#960 » by blazza18 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:44 am

But wherever Peyton went they were going to be contenders. I doubt Bogut chases money to a **** team. If he likes the place he'll stay.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.

Return to Golden State Warriors