Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Newz
Banned User
And1: 2,551

Re: OT: T-Mac still deserves respect 

Post#21 » by Newz » Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:54 pm

coolhandluke121 wrote:
Newz wrote:I miss Orlando T-Mac.

T-Mac in his prime was like some sort of crazy mix of Durant and LeBron. Third favorite player to watch ever behind rookie TJ Ford and Tim Duncan.

T-Mac was probably my favorite player to watch, ever. Under-rated passer. He spent all those years with Hill and Yao injured, and had to do all the scoring himself.

That guy was ridiculously long, coordinated, smooth, and athletic. But his court vision was insane too, and he handled better than most pg's. Ridiculous instincts. JVG used to comment on how T-Mac really didn't even have to practice very much to be great.

That brings up the downside, though. He didn't practice enough to live up to his potential, and was notoriously neglectful of the rehab he was supposed to be doing for his back and knees. Just like his cousin VC, he had so much raw talent that he didn't have to work to become one of the greatest players alive, and he wasn't intrinsically motivated to become one of the greatest ever. Had he been, he could have been as good as MJ in my opinion.

I completely agree with all of this. One of the best pure talents to ever play the game.
RandyBreuer
Sixth Man
And1: 174
Location: hoistin' 3s like Delfino, pimpin' 4 recruits like Pitino

Post#22 » by RandyBreuer » Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:07 pm

Lol, Has Tracy ever seen Enter The Dragon?

An all time talent who missed out on Shaq in Orlando and Olajuwon/Drexler/Barkley in Houston. And could have been HOF if not derailed by injuries?
Drugbust wrote
"Sorry if my opinion offended your delicate sensibilities"

In Horst we trust.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,057

Post#23 » by Thunder Muscle » Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:53 pm

Yeah, T-Mac circa 2001-2005 or so was an absolute monster. He probably won't be remembered by how good he really was b/c of injuries and his teams never got out of the 1st round. He was usually good for 40 against the Bucks in those early 2000s.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Post#24 » by Thunder Muscle » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:04 pm

I didn't realize he's only 33 years old. I was guessing late 30's for sure. Dare we bring him in as our tall lenghty SG? Why not. :)
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,271

Post#25 » by jakecronus8 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:46 pm

T-Mac in his prime was like some sort of crazy mix of Durant and LeBron. Third favorite player to watch ever behind rookie TJ Ford and Tim Duncan.

Ford rookie year was amazing. Thanks to terry Stott's for screwing him up as a player.
Do it for Chuck
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Post#26 » by Thunder Muscle » Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:35 pm

jakecronus8 wrote:

Ford rookie year was amazing. Thanks to terry Stott's for screwing him up as a player.

And that whole neck injury thing. Statistically Ford actually had a better season under Stotts than Porter. But the box score doesn't tell the whole story either.
Newz
Banned User
And1: 2,551

Post#27 » by Newz » Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:13 pm

N8Frog wrote:
jakecronus8 wrote:

And that whole neck injury thing. Statistically Ford actually had a better season under Stotts than Porter. But the box score doesn't tell the whole story either.

Yeah. He had a whole different type of impact when he was a rookie. I had never quite seen a player like him... because I've never seen anyone even close to as fast with the ball in their hands.
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 2,928

Post#28 » by BUCKnation » Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:55 pm

Unfortunately, T Mac will always be remembered first for his injuries and what if, but he was pretty incredible when he was on.
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,640

Post#29 » by MikeIsGood » Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:17 am

Scoops wrote:[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jbtt6OGLms[/youtube]

RIP

RIP is right. This sequence is completely legendary (honestly, one of the best in basketball history IMO) and he has taken a severe dive since. But it's tough, because when and where do you rate him? It's a tough line.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks