ImageImageImage

Oh boy, here we go again... (Woj story on Love)

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Krapinsky
RealGM
And1: 1,929

Re: Oh boy, here we go again... (Woj story on Love) 

Post#301 » by Krapinsky » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:00 pm

I don't know how anyone can come on here and say they know whether or not the guy has a vendetta or not.
FinnTheHuman wrote: Your post is just garbage.

NewWolvesOrder wrote:Garbage post, indeed.
FinnTheHuman
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,705

Post#302 » by FinnTheHuman » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:04 pm

If you want a conspiracy theory: Stern ordered Woj to write this article in order to make the Love to LA trade happen easier. xD
funkatron101
General Manager
And1: 960

Post#303 » by funkatron101 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:12 pm

Krapinsky wrote:I don't know how anyone can come on here and say they know whether or not the guy has a vendetta or not.

There is really no reason to support this idea, if virtually EVERY fanbase feels this way about the guy.

I wouldn't consider the guy a liar, or having a vendetta against Kahn. All he is concerned about is viewership. He takes advantage of players expressing themselves, often omits praise, or even neutrality, and frames a certain narrative in order to engage viewers in a negative way. Why? Because it works. It is what "journalism" has become.

Hopefully Love does actually realize that these yahoos don't actually give a crap as to what Love says or means, they are just looking for a juicy story for rabid, scathing fans to chew on.
Lattimer wrote:Cracks me up that people still think that Wiggins will be involved in the trade for Love. Wolves are out of their mind if they think they are getting Wiggins for Love.
AQuintus
RealGM
And1: 2,458

Post#304 » by AQuintus » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:15 pm

Tirion wrote:
He doesn't do that cause he has vendettas, he does it to generate page views. That's his job.

Exactly. What I'm saying is that he has his little vendettas against easy targets (Kahn, Stern, and Lebron) in order to create, or at least capitalize on, controversies and generate page views.

He could have very easily presented the exact same interview without superfluous, negative comments like this:

ultimately all misused, of course
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,721

Post#305 » by floppymoose » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:26 am

FinnTheHuman wrote:If you want a conspiracy theory: Stern ordered Woj to write this article in order to make the Love to LA trade happen easier. xD

That would be pretty funny, since Stern probably wants Woj do die like a pig. Have you read any Woj piece on Stern? They clearly hate each other.
Mattya
RealGM
And1: 6,282

Post#306 » by Mattya » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:39 am

Woj said Rubio would never play here and he said it all the way up until he actually signed his contract. He is wrong plenty.
Tirion
Assistant Coach
And1: 290

Post#307 » by Tirion » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:52 am

AQuintus wrote:
Tirion wrote:
He doesn't do that cause he has vendettas, he does it to generate page views. That's his job.

Exactly. What I'm saying is that he has his little vendettas against easy targets (Kahn, Stern, and Lebron) in order to create, or at least capitalize on, controversies and generate page views.

He could have very easily presented the exact same interview without superfluous, negative comments like this:

ultimately all misused, of course

Well, he kinda right if he's talking about Big Al trade.

Wolves got Kosta Koufos and two 1sts.

Kosta went to Denver for AntRand, who didn't do much.

One pick was traded to pay for Rambis contract (Donatas).

Second got traded to Houston for Bud. And if he resigns, that's something. But if he's not, then...
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,472

Post#308 » by Worm Guts » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:31 am

Tirion wrote:
Worm Guts wrote:I'll also point out that Jefferson was traded specifically to make room for Love. Remember how we were pursuing David Lee heavily at that same time? If we got him, Love might not even be here.

He wasn't.

He was traded to get out of his contract, cause Taylor was penny-pinching.

The FO feeded to Love-Big Al controversy to cover that up.

Typo.. I meant Jefferson was not traded to make room for love.
Tekkenlaw
Starter
And1: 39

Post#309 » by Tekkenlaw » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:34 am

Fischella wrote:
Mattya wrote:If he leaves in free agency I would guess Chicago, NY or Brooklyn before LA.

Seriously? why? Lakers would have the money and he had a big story in LA and California, besides the family thing, and he went to UCLA also.

Lakers probably have set their sights higher than Love.
[RCG]
Head Coach
And1: 135

Post#310 » by [RCG] » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:41 am

Tekkenlaw wrote:
Fischella wrote:
Mattya wrote:If he leaves in free agency I would guess Chicago, NY or Brooklyn before LA.

Seriously? why? Lakers would have the money and he had a big story in LA and California, besides the family thing, and he went to UCLA also.

Lakers probably have set their sights higher than Love.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=524Tf0dNRNw[/youtube]
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt
Esohny
RealGM
And1: 339

Post#311 » by Esohny » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:58 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNXEs2JFe-Y[/youtube]
SMAC-K wrote:Mayo>>>>Love and that 5th pick
OJ Mayo is one of the best defenders in the league, hes a two way player and hes a great passer and playmaker.
Breakdown777
Veteran
And1: 47

Post#312 » by Breakdown777 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:08 am

Krapinsky wrote:
Tirion wrote:
Why are u quoting this?

You can go back and read this thread if you want.

He does read the thread. How else could he pick out all of the comments he doesn't like just to remind everyone he's in Love's corner and bash Wolves management every chance he gets using his best Skip Bayless impression?

Woj puts a negative spin on most of his articles. I usually don't read them because I know they probably aren't the most accurate representation. I try to stay positive, so reading articles that are so negatively focused turn me off. My desire to read everything Wolves related usually leads me to reading Woj's Kahn bashing though.

Love adores the spotlight. If someone calls him and Love knows the article will generate exposure, you better believe he'll open his mouth. He's always been candid, so it doesn't surprise me when he says the things he says. It doesn't mean he's right, but its his opinion and that is one thing he is entitled to.

I've written so many lengthy posts defending Kahn that I've lost count. Most of those posts happen in the "Love shoots his mouth off" threads. I forget the exact words used to combat me last time, but it was something along the lines of "Breakdown is completely full of Baloney". It was funnier than that though, because I remember it generating a few LOLZ.

I will say this about Kahn. Just because he's condescending and has a poor draft record does not mean he's a bad GM. He takes a vastly different approach than most, and the way he talks and represents himself and his team aren't good, but he does work very hard. I believe his work has lead to many great things involving this team. I wouldn't be surprised if many of his "Kahnisms" are by design. There is probably much less heat on guys like Love when Kahn is such an easy target. It takes distraction away from the team (out of the locker room, at least).

Most Basketball personalities are ego-maniacs; some are more vocal (naturally). Kahn wanted his stamp on this team. That would've been much easier if he booted all the guys McHale drafted (which he did sans Love and Pek). If Love wasn't an incredible basketball player, I believe Kahn would've traded him as well to have his "clean slate" to be judged on.
Kahn has been a "yes man" for Glen Taylor and every coach during his time here. I don't like how the argument is used that everything positive is Adelmans doing alone, yet all of the Rambis screw-ups were a joint effort. The yes man personality is really bothersome to some fans, which is fine, but you can't argue that it's not a decent business mantra (albeit a sleazy one).

Do I want Love traded? Not until he asks for one, if he asks for one.

Do I wish Love would shut his mouth? Yes

Do I expect him to? Nope.

Do I expect Woj and other writers to continue throwing cheap shots? Of course. Sports journalism needs to pander to survive.

How two very ego-centered players in Love and Westbrook could coincide on that UCLA team baffles me.
"Llevaré mi talento a Minnesota".
Esohny
RealGM
And1: 339

Post#313 » by Esohny » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:37 am

Breakdown is full of malarkey.
SMAC-K wrote:Mayo>>>>Love and that 5th pick
OJ Mayo is one of the best defenders in the league, hes a two way player and hes a great passer and playmaker.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,013

Post#314 » by shrink » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:36 am

Joan Niesen wrote:After all, if it weren't for Love, for his insistence on rebuilding, even for his very presence, things would be far worse.

Do you think this is true?
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
shrink
RealGM

Post#315 » by shrink » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:53 am

Regarding a vendetta, Kahn supposedly ripped Woj when he reported that Kahn was going to trade Al Jefferson for Danny Granger. We've seen nearly every Woj article go after Kahn since that point.

In addition, I read that Love's agent Jeff Schwartz "has no love for Kahn, and has Woj's ear."

Did Woj write anything false? No, but even the guy that said the stuff, Kevin Love, was shocked that Woj left out all the positive things he said. Woj has the right to edit his article any way he wants, but it seems like Woj is using that editting to only present part of the picture.
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
shrink
RealGM

Post#316 » by shrink » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:22 pm

A. Sept 13th "Love and Money lure Adelman - not Kahn: http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=As9SSfxdVh.oKh.MwdG3Ie28vLYF?slug=aw-wojnarowski_rick_adelman_twolves_091211

Disputed here: http://www.csnnw.com/pages/landingdwight?Rick-Adelman-makes-Minnesota-matter-agai=1&blockID=563337&feedID=8351).

B. July 20. "The NBA's fined two undisclosed teams for speaking on players in media during lockout, league source says. Kahn's a good bet as one of them." (Wasn't Kahn.)

C. July 9. Wolves will never get a good coach because they all hate Kahn. (woj on local radio)

D. May 18.
WojYahooNBA Adrian Wojnarowski
"As for Kahn, there's no greater NBA storyline ever than an arrogant, unaccomplished D-League exec getting Stern's blessing to be an NBA GM."

E. Dec 23, 2011 Asked to predict the 2012 MVP, three people said Kevin Durant, Woj said "2012 timberwolves draft pick"

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ys-nba_2011-12_season_predictions_122311

F. Oct 6, 2011. "Once he left, the Wolves fell apart. Taylor hired an unqualified general manager, David Kahn, to run the franchise, and the Wolves kept slipping further and further "

Is there some formal qualification for the GM job?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=Ap4rExGe.QK0yXLvyb.7VYC8vLYF?slug=aw-wojnarowski_nba_lockout_kevin_garnett_100611

woj wrote: No one ran a smarter, shrewder draft campaign than Thorn, who turned insufferable Minnesota GM David Kahn into a basket case over the Nets threatening to draft Wesley Johnson.

I'm not going to go back and grab them all. Wasn't he the guy that said Rubio would never put on a Wolves uniform, and he would be a knick or not play in the NBA?

Yeah, I get that Kahn's "smartest guy in the room" act puts off nearly everyone, but people need to stop elevating Woj here - at least when it comes to MIN. He clearly has an anti-Kahn agenda.
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,472

Post#317 » by Worm Guts » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:06 pm

[RCG] wrote:
Krapinsky wrote:http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=1155499

[RCG] wrote:Sooo glad he signed for the 4 year max (if he did!) But he dang better keep up the 25/15.

As the thread goes on and we hear of a 3 year opt out, the tide sort of turns in favor of offering the five year max, but you see there's healthy debate as to whether Love was worthy of a five year max.

I stand by that! I would much rather have the 5-year option for Rubio than Love. Especially because he does this sort of thing annually.

So now what happens is that Love leaves as a free agent and Ricky doesn't want to sign the 5 year extension because he doesn't have any help.
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Post#318 » by C.lupus » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:48 pm

In summary...

Taylor needs to sell the team.
Kahn needs to be let go.
Love needs to grow up.
And Woj needs to stick to tweeting trade rumors.
Dewey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,019

Post#319 » by Dewey » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:29 pm

Woj is an egomaniac. Period. It's awfully shallow for anyone to think otherwise.

Love is reallly proving to be an egomaniac ... this recent interview with Woj was his choice, but due to the fact he talked **** - knowing it would go public, I find it 100% unacceptable. It's embarrassing mostly for Klove's teammates and I strongly believe it will have a long-term impact on his image in the league.

Those are the facts.
Flip response to Love wanting out, "He has no reason to be upset, you're either a part of the problem or a part of the solution"
shrink
RealGM

Post#320 » by shrink » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:13 pm

The more I look, the more garbage I see:

Jun 19, 2010
Woj wrote: Under general manager David Kahn, the Wolves are becoming the organization that no one wants to send players. Kahn’s condescending, abrasive style is frustrating to rival GMs and agents because few people believe he has the background, knowledge or credentials to even hold the job.

At what point did this change from reporting the news, to making the news?

Yeah, Woj said there was going to be a Granger for Jefferson deal (wrong) and Woj told us that no way Rubio would ever sign here (wrong). And yeah, then Kahn decided to have nothing more to do with him.

I wonder if Woj is so self-important, that he feels that if he editorializes all the negativity he can, he can either force Kahn to talk to him, or else punish him for refusing?

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves