ImageImage

View on Monta Ellis, and trade deadline goal.

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

DWagner85
Banned User
And1: 2

View on Monta Ellis, and trade deadline goal. 

Post#1 » by DWagner85 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:34 pm

Honestly, I am a big fan of Monta Ellis. I cannot seem to understand the hatred that goes toward him.

He is a great scorer, who can finish at the rim. I agree he tends to chuck a little to often, but this is an easy fix, and something chemistry will even out.

What I want to see the Bucks do, is work a package offering several of the guys 3-15 on this roster, and go after a Millsap, Gortat or Gasol type of player to add to Jennings and Ellis.

Offering up Udrih, Dunleavey, Gooden, and either a future first or Epke Udoh would be enough for Gasol, and already having Henson and Sanders, what is the point of holding on to 3 cloned players skill set wise?

I have not truly looked into packages for Millsap or Gortat, but the point is, with the talent the Bucks have 3-15, they really need to consider an upgrade. Too many players on this team with cloned skill sets.
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,244

Re: View on Monta Ellis, and trade deadline goal. 

Post#2 » by jakecronus8 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:44 pm

Duck
Do it for Chuck
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#3 » by EastSideBucksFan » Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:52 pm

If Monta could just get closer to the career averages he's had the last 2-3 years there would be a lot less hate on him. He's just shooting terribly so far this year.

What makes me hopeful is the re-emergence of Ilyasova who is scoring and shooting much more efficiently which is taking away shots from Monta as well as the contribution of Moute. Taking away just a few shots and adding a few offensive options for Monta appears to relax him and takes away a few forced shots and ups his assists. If we can keep trending in this direction it will be a big boon for this team and our offense.
jakecronus8
RealGM

Post#4 » by jakecronus8 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:54 pm

I've said before, this team now with moute and Ellis dumped I could really get behind. Especially with Gooden for comic relief.
Do it for Chuck
jakecronus8
RealGM

Post#5 » by jakecronus8 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:54 pm

Oh yeah, IBTL
Do it for Chuck
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,050

Post#6 » by Thunder Muscle » Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:59 pm

jakecronus8 wrote:Oh yeah, IBTL

+1
DWagner85
Banned User

Post#7 » by DWagner85 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:21 pm

What is IBTL?

And why does Ellis need to be dumped, so to you it is not acceptable for players to go through phases of bad play? Well then we may as well just let the Bucks leave because every player that has gone through that door has had times when they did not play well.
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,520

Post#8 » by raferfenix » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:22 pm

My biggest concern with Monta is how many games he's blown with dumb plays down the stretch.

If he'd play smarter in general, particularly with his ridiculous long 2's, there wouldn't be hate at all for him I don't think.

We haven't had a player who could get to the hoop like him in a long time. And his passing compliments Jennings.

But currently his dumb play mixed with lack of defense and poor shooting have masked any of his positives alongside Jennings, leaving most of us counting down the days till we bail on him.
A Diddy2231
Analyst
And1: 106

Post#9 » by A Diddy2231 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:23 pm

Ellis is a great player..you all be trippin #Ellis4MVP
Johnny wrote:You betrayed me! You're not good. You, you're just a chicken. Chip-chip-chip-chip-cheep-cheep.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,313

Post#10 » by trwi7 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:28 pm

Nice of you to join the board, Dajuan Wagner. I can understand why you would be a fan of Monta Ellis.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM

Post#11 » by EastSideBucksFan » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:35 pm

Dajuan Wagner was a sick high school player.

When he got to the NBA he was just plain sick, literally lots of odd health problems.

If he was all he was supposed to be, him and Lebron would've won a 'ship in Cleveland.
jakecronus8
RealGM

Post#12 » by jakecronus8 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:35 pm

trwi7 wrote:Nice of you to join the board, Dajuan Wagner. I can understand why you would be a fan of Monta Ellis.

:rofl:
Do it for Chuck
jakecronus8
RealGM

Post#13 » by jakecronus8 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:36 pm

EastSideBucksFan wrote:
If he was all he was supposed to be, him and Lebron would've won a 'ship in Cleveland.

:rofl:
Do it for Chuck
DWagner85
Banned User

Post#14 » by DWagner85 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:40 pm

Was told this was a solid forum site, good discussions, guess I was mistaken.
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM

Post#15 » by EastSideBucksFan » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:42 pm

DWagner85 wrote:Was told this was a solid forum site, good discussions, guess I was mistaken.

We have guys who like to be jerks to outsiders. Don't let them sway you.

Bucks have the best board on RealGM.
CanadaBucks
Assistant Coach
And1: 314

Post#16 » by CanadaBucks » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:49 pm

DWagner85 wrote:

What is IBTL?

And why does Ellis need to be dumped, so to you it is not acceptable for players to go through phases of bad play? Well then we may as well just let the Bucks leave because every player that has gone through that door has had times when they did not play well.

IBTL=In before the lock as in this thread will get locked but I got my post in before that.

Part of the monta hate/dislike is who was on the other end of the deal too, but a lot has been his play this year.

This is a good board just a little too much noise sometimes(imo)
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,313

Post#17 » by trwi7 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:49 pm

EastSideBucksFan wrote:
DWagner85 wrote:Was told this was a solid forum site, good discussions, guess I was mistaken.

We have guys who like to be jerks to outsiders. Don't let them sway you.

Bucks have the best board on RealGM.

It's true. I don't like change.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
MCH1
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#18 » by MCH1 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:50 pm

Go to BrewHoop, where the fans are much more civil.

Check with RealGM for news from time to time, somebody always posts the news they've found on twitter or some other random site.
Max Green
RealGM
And1: 4,668

Post#19 » by Max Green » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:50 pm

DWagner85 wrote:Honestly, I am a big fan of Monta Ellis. I cannot seem to understand the hatred that goes toward him.

He is a great scorer, who can finish at the rim. I agree he tends to chuck a little to often, but this is an easy fix, and something chemistry will even out.

Some guys go over the top with their hatred of him but he's been pretty bad as a scorer since he joined our team. Percentage wise he's been a worst scorer the RJ, Maggette and Post contact Salmons but averages more shots then all of them. If it was an easy fix to fixing his bad shot attempts it would've been done by now. That being said he does bring other things to the table like great passing for a shooting guard and his defen.se hasn't been t
Hat bad not counting the Bulls games and Jimmer scoring on him last night. Unless he's willing to embrace the Crawford/ Louis Williams role as the 6th man instant offense off the bench , it's time for him to go.
Vice President of Parker-Nation.
#Jabariunleashed
#OwnTheFuture
:wizard: Maxtradamus
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM

Post#20 » by EastSideBucksFan » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:56 pm

CanadaBucks wrote:
DWagner85 wrote:

What is IBTL?

IBTL=In before the lock as in this thread will get locked but I got my post in before that.

Part of the monta hate/dislike is who was on the other end of the deal too, but a lot has been his play this year.

This is a good board just a little too much noise sometimes(imo)

What's the point of IBTL?

I view it as the same as guys who post FIRST!

Makes no sense to me

Return to Milwaukee Bucks