Post#402 » by LordBaldric » Thu Nov 1, 2012 12:13 am

Kevin Love is in the new Uncle Drew video. :D
Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,678

Re: Wolves In The News 

Post#403 » by Basti » Thu Nov 1, 2012 1:26 pm

It was. Quite interesting to (finally) read about the treatment, too.
Piecake
Assistant Coach
And1: 264

Post#404 » by Piecake » Tue Nov 6, 2012 6:25 pm

QUINCYJ
Ballboy
And1: 0

rj adelman wants Pietrus 

Post#405 » by QUINCYJ » Wed Nov 7, 2012 10:42 pm

Might be hyperbole from Pietrus' camp, but they think he'll have a team in 7-10 days. Doubtful #Twolves. RJ Adelman w/ some interest though.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,579

Post#406 » by Klomp » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:55 am

tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Post#407 » by C.lupus » Mon Dec 3, 2012 9:18 pm

Bumping this thread for this:

Timberwolves forward Kevin Love, slowed by a "weird bug" the past four days, said Monday, Dec. 3, that he is feeling better and will play in Tuesday night's game at Philadelphia.

However, forward Andrei Kirilenko, who missed his second consecutive day of practice with back spasms, is not expected to accompany the Wolves on their two-game road trip to Philadelphia and Boston.

Also, LOL at this picture. Reminds me of the car commercial with the guy's confidence showing.
[RCG]
Head Coach
And1: 135

Post#408 » by [RCG] » Mon Dec 3, 2012 9:52 pm

How long do back spasms take to recover from? Is this a recurring injury?
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#409 » by Klomp » Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:54 pm

“@Twolves_PR: #Twolves injury update: Lee not practicing (sore right knee ); Howard limited activity (illness); Roy went through non-contact practice.”

“@BloodStrib: Howard (ill) will travel but is questionable.”
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

cpfsf
General Manager
And1: 1,104
Location: sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell

Post#410 » by cpfsf » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:17 pm

Klomp wrote:
“@Twolves_PR: #Twolves injury update: Lee not practicing (sore right knee ); Howard limited activity (illness); Roy went through non-contact practice.”

so the injury bug is now just attacking the role players?

sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#411 » by Klomp » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:22 pm

“@DanaWessel: Kahn just walked past us. @FSN_JoanNiesen asked him how he was. He said, "Been better" before walking past us without looking up.”

C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Post#412 » by C.lupus » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:23 pm

cpfsf wrote:
Klomp wrote:

so the injury bug is now just attacking the role players?

The FO is next. I can see it now: "Chris Wright out with back spasms, will miss the office Christmas party", "David Kahn blew out his knee when he stepped on his own ego".
Saltine
Lead Assistant
And1: 909

Post#413 » by Saltine » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:29 pm

Go vote to make Tuesdays game nationwide, we're at %39;
http://www.nba.com/nbatv/fannight/
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#414 » by Klomp » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:20 am

“@Twolves_PR: #TWolves Ricky Rubio, Brandon Roy and Malcolm Lee not traveling with team to New Orleans.”

Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#415 » by Klomp » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:08 am

Saltine wrote:Go vote to make Tuesdays game nationwide, we're at %39;

We won 40% to 39% over Celtics vs Bulls

cpfsf
General Manager
And1: 1,104
Location: sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell

Post#416 » by cpfsf » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:15 am

Klomp wrote:

i voted for minnesota, but i don't really know what that does. i'm going to watch pie one way or another.

sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell
southern wolf
General Manager
And1: 2,163

Post#417 » by southern wolf » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:31 am

Klomp wrote:
“@Twolves_PR: #TWolves Ricky Rubio, Brandon Roy and Malcolm Lee not traveling with team to New Orleans.”

So JJ and Luke starting probably. Luckily the Hornets have a pretty crappy back court.
Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,678

Post#418 » by Basti » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:35 pm

cpfsf wrote:
Klomp wrote:

i voted for minnesota, but i don't really know what that does. i'm going to watch pie one way or another.

I'm forced to watch pie, too but I'd rather I could watch it on a FSN feed. Nationally televised games take even longer to finish and NBA TV is very lame on top of that, too.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#419 » by Klomp » Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:36 pm

Basti wrote:I'm forced to watch pie, too but I'd rather I could watch it on a FSN feed. Nationally televised games take even longer to finish and NBA TV is very lame on top of that, too.

NBATV always uses local feeds. Unfortunately, because its at Miami, it will probably be their feed.

Mattya
RealGM
And1: 6,282

Post#420 » by Mattya » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:30 pm

http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/The_Scoops_Wolves_may_be_interested_as_Cavs_shop_Anderson_Varejao121412

Since president of basketball operations David Kahn joined the Minnesota Timberwolves in May 2009, he has made an absurd number of trades -- 25.

The strong belief in league circles is No. 26 will come by the Feb. 21 deadline.

Yes, Kevin Love, there is some sort of plan.

However, team sources maintain that Kahn is not making any calls for now until he sees how point guard Ricky Rubio looks, beginning with his expected season debut on Saturday against Dallas at Target Center.

That hasn't stopped Kahn from answering the phone, though. League sources insist both Cleveland and Toronto have reached out in recent weeks.

The Cavaliers are gauging interest in center Anderson Varejao, whom I'm told the Timberwolves like a lot. He's signed through 2015 at less than $10 million per season.

Before he suffered a one- to two-month elbow/wrist injury earlier in the week, the Raptors were putting out feelers about big man Andrea Bargnani.

On the Love situation

A league source was quick to remind me of a statement Kahn made at a breakfast with reporters in June 2009: "On a championship-contending team... Kevin (Love) might be the fourth-best player."

The source's informed theory is that statement, combined with seeing good friends Russell Westbrook and Derrick Rose get five-year extensions, continues to have Love irked. It's definitely not the money.

A front office executive spelled out how Love will benefit financially in the future: "The reality is that while the difference in guaranteed money between the four-year max deal that Love received and the five-year designated player max that Westbrook received is $17,769,374. (Rose was named MVP, so he was able to take advantage of the designated player max where his first year salary is 30% of the salary cap).

"If Kevin does not exercise his option after the 2014-2015 season, he can become an unrestricted free agent and either re-sign with the Timberwolves for five years or another team for four and receive a salary which starts at 30% of the salary cap. Consequently, Kevin may end up getting more money that Russell over the same period."

As for whether Love will sign an extension before the summer of 2015, the source said, "Kevin could sign an extension prior to declining his option for the 2015-16 season. That extension would be for three years and he could not get any additional money in '15-'16 unless the Wolves were under the cap, which they won't be.

"I don't consider Kevin signing an extension a likely scenario -- see Atlanta's Josh Smith. The extension can only be for four years, including the current years of the contract. If he waits until the end of the '14-'15 season and becomes a free agent, he can re-sign with the Timberwolves for five years (likely for $100 million-plus) or another team for four years. Most players at that stage of their career are prepared to wait and sign for five, or four years."

Scoop central

• Look for the Timberwolves to announce an interesting addition to their scouting staff in the next week.

• Obrad Fimic, Alexey Shved's agent, via email, retracing how his client came to be on the Timberwolves: "The first person to show interest in Shved was David Kahn. Shved really peaked when Kahn watched him play at the Euro Championships in Lithuania. David felt his style of play would work well with Rubio's. There was just interest then. Later into the season we knew during the Final 4 in Istanbul that Shved was closer to going to the NBA. Honestly, the whole deal was done thanks to David, who convinced us that Shved is a perfect fit for coach Rick Adelman's system. Alexey and I liked what we heard and here we are." A team source said to not leave out Timberwolves European scout Pete Philo in this equation.

• A league source maintains Timberwolves guard Brandon Roy did kick the tires on retirement. Roy denied doing so on Thursday. "That's Kahn spin doctoring," the source said. "He has bent over backwards for Roy -- he gave his friend, Will Conroy, $100,000, and hired another friend, Steve Gordon, as a scout. What normal person wouldn't consider retirement in B-Roy's situation? His knee has been operated on numerous times, he has lots of money, and he has no visible ties to the Timberwolves organization. ... Who really believes it never came up? That defies logic."

• We should have closure on the Martell Webster compensation claim case very soon. Look for the Timberwolves to get cash and/or a second-round pick from Portland.

• The Timberwolves worked out center Hassan Whiteside this summer, but they had nothing to do with him ending up on their D-League affiliate, Sioux Falls.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves