ImageImage

View on Monta Ellis, and trade deadline goal.

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,213

Re: View on Monta Ellis, and trade deadline goal. 

Post#41 » by LUKE23 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:35 pm

Afflalo/McRoberts for Ellis/Gorilla.

There really would be no point in trading for Afflalo and keeping Ellis. I also wouldn't give up any young pieces. If they want to dump him for room, I'm fine with that. This is assuming we don't trade Ellis for youth/picks, which we won't.
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,244

Post#42 » by jakecronus8 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:36 pm

No offense but it was not a very good first post. We have a bazillion Monta sucks/no he doesn't threads.

You also have to expect a lot of naysayers when you sing the praises of 90% of this board's least favorite player.

But yes, if you are sensitive this is not a good board to post in. The mediocrity and garbage this team consistently puts out makes for grumpy posters.
Do it for Chuck
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#43 » by EastSideBucksFan » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:39 pm

Baddy Chuck wrote:
EastSideBucksFan wrote:People keep saying they want a "solid SG who can play decent D and shoot the 3"....well...we had that guy...his name was Carlos Delfino....and before him...we had Charlie Bell.....

Oh come on, nobody is calling for a guy at their level to replace Monta......

Monta is a woefully inefficient player who can go on passing spurts at time but can just as easily turn the ball over. He is an awful decision maker with the ball and is an awful man defender.

Can't wait for the day that he leaves this team.

Throw some names out there of players you are talking about then.

Yeah, Monta is an awful man defender.

Like the time he blocked Dwyane Wade to force OT.

His on ball defense gets dismissed for nothing around here.
CanadaBucks
Assistant Coach
And1: 314

Post#44 » by CanadaBucks » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:40 pm

But yes, if you are sensitive this is not a good board to post in. The mediocrity and garbage this team consistently puts out makes for grumpy posters

Think objective instead of sensitive

ob·jec·tive
/əbˈjektiv/Adjective
(of a person or their judgment) Not influenced by personal feelings or opinions in considering and representing facts.
jakecronus8
RealGM

Post#45 » by jakecronus8 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:41 pm

DanoMac wrote:Like someone else said a while back, Ellis, to me, is like Redd. If we simply removed Ellis from this roster, and replaced him with Doron Lamb or Dunleavy in the starting lineup, we would be a better basketball team.

You're fooled by his pre-moped success, or his 19-20 PPG average, which Paschke likes to shove down our throats. The Bucks need to ship Ellis out before the deadline.

This. Best/most simple Monta analysis.

If he made 4 mill a year and came off the bench for 25 mins a game I'd probably be ok with him. He doesn't. I'm not.
Do it for Chuck
-Jragon-
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,410

Post#46 » by -Jragon- » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:42 pm

I'd rather keep Monta as PG and get rid of Jennings (if Ellis would extend). I love how he passes in the pick and roll giving guys a chance with the ball moving to the rack. Jennings gets guys jumpers which only helps if they can HIT them. Ellis seems to know who to get the ball and where they can be successful when he gets a chance to bring it up (5-10 min per game). He quickly develops rapport with guys and plays off of them. We've seen games where he had Dalembert getting dunks and little layups and recently Luc was playing really well off of him. We rarely see Jennings even try to work with someone that well. He passes more as a last resort when he realizes he isn't going to be able to score or to get someone else the ball with a chance to make a good pass.
jakecronus8
RealGM

Post#47 » by jakecronus8 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:42 pm

I think the best argument against Monta being a good player is that he is a Milwaukee Bucks acquisition.
Do it for Chuck
DWagner85
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#48 » by DWagner85 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:42 pm

Monta is a woefully inefficient player who can go on passing spurts at time but can just as easily turn the ball over. He is an awful decision maker with the ball and is an awful man defender.

Can't wait for the day that he leaves this team.[/quote]

Are you serious? First off, kinda getting sick of reading that he is an awful decision maker, he averages 2.8 turnovers per game, and yeah I can see where you think that is bad, but go to ESPN, and look at the top 5 in Turnovers per game, Harden, Irving, Bryant, Holiday and Rondo are the top 5 in the league, Harden at 4 turnovers a game.

If I had to choose between Ellis or anyone else on the team in terms of who's hands I want the ball in, I would take Ellis more then the rest of the team combined. Because it is clear as day, to anyone who understands basketball, that he is our best player, and most likely to get the job done.
Newz
Banned User
And1: 2,551

Post#49 » by Newz » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:43 pm

LUKE23 wrote:Afflalo/McRoberts for Ellis/Gorilla.

There really would be no point in trading for Afflalo and keeping Ellis. I also wouldn't give up any young pieces. If they want to dump him for room, I'm fine with that. This is assuming we don't trade Ellis for youth/picks, which we won't.

I would just like to say your avatar choice is amazing. I was looking around on Facebook for this GIF today and couldn't find it.
jakecronus8
RealGM

Post#50 » by jakecronus8 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:43 pm

-Jragon- wrote:I'd rather keep Monta as PG and get rid of Jennings (if Ellis would extend). I love how he passes in the pick and roll giving guys a chance with the ball moving to the rack. Jennings gets guys jumpers which only helps if they can HIT them. Ellis seems to know who to get the ball and where they can be successful when he gets a chance to bring it up (5-10 min per game). He quickly develops rapport with guys and plays off of them. We've seen games where he had Dalembert getting dunks and little layups and recently Luc was playing really well off of him. We rarely see Jennings even try to work with someone that well. He passes more as a last resort when he realizes he isn't going to be able to score or to get someone else the ball with a chance to make a good pass.

While Jennings is no Nash or Rondo, the notion that Monta is a better point guard is ludicrous.
Do it for Chuck
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,674

Post#51 » by AussieBuck » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:43 pm

DWagner85 wrote:Monta is a woefully inefficient player who can go on passing spurts at time but can just as easily turn the ball over. He is an awful decision maker with the ball and is an awful man defender.

Can't wait for the day that he leaves this team.

Are you serious? First off, kinda getting sick of reading that he is an awful decision maker, he averages 2.8 turnovers per game, and yeah I can see where you think that is bad, but go to ESPN, and look at the top 5 in Turnovers per game, Harden, Irving, Bryant, Holiday and Rondo are the top 5 in the league, Harden at 4 turnovers a game.

If I had to choose between Ellis or anyone else on the team in terms of who's hands I want the ball in, I would take Ellis more then the rest of the team combined. Because it is clear as day, to anyone who understands basketball, that he is our best player, and most likely to get the job done.[/quote]
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
DWagner85
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#52 » by DWagner85 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:44 pm

jakecronus8 wrote:No offense but it was not a very good first post. We have a bazillion Monta sucks/no he doesn't threads.

You also have to expect a lot of naysayers when you sing the praises of 90% of this board's least favorite player.

But yes, if you are sensitive this is not a good board to post in. The mediocrity and garbage this team consistently puts out makes for grumpy posters.

Again, my response to this is....................LEARN TO READ, THINK, AND PROCESS INFORMATION, you are overlooking the fact I am also looking for your plans for the trade deadline. Honestly gtfo and stop with the trolling, waste of all our time.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,213

Post#53 » by LUKE23 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:45 pm

I can't believe some people think Ellis would be a better point than Jennings. It's incredible to me, actually.
AussieBuck
RealGM

Post#54 » by AussieBuck » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:45 pm

Bdub with spell check?
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,313

Post#55 » by trwi7 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:46 pm

AussieBuck wrote:Bdub with spell check?

No question mark needed.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
jakecronus8
RealGM

Post#56 » by jakecronus8 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:46 pm

DWagner85 wrote:
jakecronus8 wrote:No offense but it was not a very good first post. We have a bazillion Monta sucks/no he doesn't threads.

Again, my response to this is....................LEARN TO READ, THINK, AND PROCESS INFORMATION, you are overlooking the fact I am also looking for your plans for the trade deadline. Honestly gtfo and stop with the trolling, waste of all our time.

Youre right. We dont have any trade idea threads either. And if that was trolling you are not going to last long here.
Do it for Chuck
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,612

Post#57 » by Baddy Chuck » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:47 pm

EastSideBucksFan wrote:Throw some names out there of players you are talking about then.

Yeah, Monta is an awful man defender.

Like the time he blocked Dwyane Wade to force OT.

His on ball defense gets dismissed for nothing around here.

Because it is **** awful. One play isn't enough to make up for 20 games of bad defense. Remember when Wade dropped like 30 on him that game?

As for targets, Afflalo, Matthews, Iggy or a young guy like Burks. A post scorer like Gasol or even unfortunately Al Jefferson would do more for the team then Monta does. I mean, I wouldn't trade Monta for a Delfino type player but throwing someone like that in a trade could make us more efficient at SG.

Monta has been absolutely atrocious in his time here. Probably out of the 40 games he's played here less then 10 he's probably been a big positive to the team.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 14,780

Post#58 » by RiotPunch » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:47 pm

-Jragon- wrote:I'd rather keep Monta as PG and get rid of Jennings (if Ellis would extend). I love how he passes in the pick and roll giving guys a chance with the ball moving to the rack. Jennings gets guys jumpers which only helps if they can HIT them. Ellis seems to know who to get the ball and where they can be successful when he gets a chance to bring it up (5-10 min per game). He quickly develops rapport with guys and plays off of them. We've seen games where he had Dalembert getting dunks and little layups and recently Luc was playing really well off of him. We rarely see Jennings even try to work with someone that well. He passes more as a last resort when he realizes he isn't going to be able to score or to get someone else the ball with a chance to make a good pass.

#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,612

Post#59 » by Baddy Chuck » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:50 pm

Trading Brandon and keeping Monta at point guard would be one of the dumbest things I've ever seen this organization do.

Trade both if you want, but putting Monta at point guard would be an absolute atrocity.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
AussieBuck
RealGM

Post#60 » by AussieBuck » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:52 pm

Baddy Chuck wrote:Trading Brandon and keeping Monta at point guard would be one of the dumbest things I've ever seen this organization do.

Trade both if you want, but putting Monta at point guard would be an absolute atrocity.

Yeah even the small amount of Warriors fans that still like him don't think he's a PG.
emunney wrote:

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:

Return to Milwaukee Bucks