No, let's wait to see how he plays with JW and Nene
24%

Total votes: 162

Halcyon
Veteran
And1: 479

Re: Jan Vesely Part II: He a Bust 

Post#121 » by Halcyon » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:14 pm

That's why he's on my elite ignore list monte, the one and only so far.
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,700

Post#122 » by montestewart » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:21 pm

Halcyon wrote:That's why he's on my elite ignore list monte, the one and only so far.

I have to admit, the people that some put on ignore are often quite entertaining to me. Ahhh, remember Ace Degenerate?

For all I know, a bunch of people have me on ignore.
AFM
General Manager
And1: 6,112

Post#123 » by AFM » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:47 pm

I could never put Knight or WizD on ignore. They make this board. I'm pretty certain at least one of them is EG himself.
GoWizGo
Ballboy
And1: 3

Post#124 » by GoWizGo » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:43 pm

Sorry if this has already been written.

When shoot first PG Crawford is in the game, why not move Vesely to SG.

Remember when Jan Vesely 1.0 was with the Wizards, Jared Jeffries, he was a very productive player at the SG.

Vesely height and athleticism would be a huge advantage on offense and defense.

His hot potato passing would work better on the perimeter on offense. He could back down SGs on offense and create easier shots for himself.

With his height, it would obviously make it hard for SGs to shoot over him.

Also, since every low post player now wants to work out with Hakeem in the offseason, Vesely should reach out to players with his similar athleticism and beg them to teach him ACTUAL basketball skills (Brent Barry, Dominque, Ice Man, etc)
GhostsOfGil
General Manager
And1: 899

Post#125 » by GhostsOfGil » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:44 pm

GoWizGo wrote:Sorry if this has already been written.

Remember when Jan Vesely 1.0 was with the Wizards, Jared Jeffries, he was a very productive player at the SG.

His hot potato passing would work better on the perimeter on offense. He could back down SGs on offense and create easier shots for himself.

Also, since every low post player now wants to work out with Hakeem in the offseason, Vesely should reach out to players with his similar athleticism and beg them to teach him ACTUAL basketball skills (Brent Barry, Dominque, Ice Man, etc)

WizD is that you? I'm having trouble figuring out if this is a serious post or not.
pineappleheadindc
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,479

Post#126 » by pineappleheadindc » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:46 pm

Vesely at *shooting* guard? Really?
"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart."
--Confucius

"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try"
- Yoda
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,068

Post#127 » by nate33 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:53 pm

What's sad is that I don't think Vesely could even post up a shooting guard. It wouldn't matter though. With Vesely on the court at SG, we wouldn't have enough players to spread the floor in order to even give Vesely a post up opportunity. Other teams would just pack the paint.

Also, other teams would guard Vesely with a SF and put their SG on Webster, so there goes whatever matchup advantage you were hoping for.
AFM
General Manager
And1: 6,112

Post#128 » by AFM » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:54 pm

Why not play him at Point? Let him break these young fellas off with a quick cross over shammgod
Halcyon
Veteran
And1: 479

Post#129 » by Halcyon » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:56 pm

This is a lesson...not all thoughts should be posts.
Knighthonor
Sixth Man
And1: 98

Post#130 » by Knighthonor » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:59 pm

montestewart wrote:
Knighthonor wrote:Have some love for the guy people. not really his fault 100% for being drafted at number 6. Lot of pressure is on his shoulders. Same with Beal.

Knighthonor wrote:Why won't you all just admit he a bust like Vesly is a bust? Get out with it already!!!!

You know, like I know he is a bust.

Told you he was a troll.

well people cant have a change of morals?
GoWizGo
Ballboy
And1: 3

Post#131 » by GoWizGo » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:03 pm

i'm serious with the post. Jeffries could't shoot either, but he worked well at SG when he played with the wiz. The Wiz have to try something to get his confidence back. Putting him with shooters like Crawford and Webster could help.

They got to try something with the guy. I had a bad feeling about him before that draft and he has been even worse than i thought.

My favorite player in that draft was Valanciunas. He is going to be a top 50 player in the league in 3 years. The Wizards were that close to getting him. I still hope Vesely can be a productive bench player in the near future.
pancakes3
General Manager
And1: 2,601

Post#132 » by pancakes3 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:30 pm

Jeffries never played shooting guard for any meaningful minutes. Jarvis Hayes, Butler, Daniels, and Dixon mopped up the non-Arenas guard minutes. There may have been a few plays in between substitutions where there were 3 forwards on the floor (Jamison, Butler, and Jeffries) but Jeffries was definitely not the primary offensive threat in any of those plays be it posting up or face up.
Bullets -> Wizards
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,506

Post#133 » by closg00 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:04 pm

nate33 wrote:

What's sad is thatI don't think Vesely could even post up a shooting guard. It wouldn't matter though. With Vesely on the court at SG, we wouldn't have enough players to spread the floor in order to even give Vesely a post up opportunity. Other teams would just pack the paint.

Also, other teams would guard Vesely with a SF and put their SG on Webster, so there goes whatever matchup advantage you were hoping for.

I have seen Jan being bodied-up by a guard and not post-up. Yep, seen-it with my own eyes.
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#134 » by montestewart » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:43 pm

Knighthonor wrote:
montestewart wrote:
Knighthonor wrote:Have some love for the guy people. not really his fault 100% for being drafted at number 6. Lot of pressure is on his shoulders. Same with Beal.

Knighthonor wrote:Why won't you all just admit he a bust like Vesly is a bust? Get out with it already!!!!

You know, like I know he is a bust.

Told you he was a troll.

well people cant have a change of morals?

Sky people, surely. Forest people, perhaps. But not well people, never well people.
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#135 » by montestewart » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:44 pm

he a bust, he a bust
popper
Veteran
And1: 361

Post#136 » by popper » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:02 am

closg00 wrote:The air-balled FT's and hot potato basketball passing are related obviously. In a re-draft Jan might be a mid 2nd rounder. After workouts, perhaps not drafted at all.

The Wiz staff were supposedly unanimous about picking Jan according to Mike Lee, but now I think that quote was another clever leak by Grunfeld himself. If the staff were truly unanimous, then Grunfeld is surrounded by Rico's :)
I think it's a lie that they were unanimous....one would hope right?

I have to agree. The entire scouting staff can't be as clueless as EG.
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#137 » by montestewart » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:44 am

popper wrote:
closg00 wrote:The air-balled FT's and hot potato basketball passing are related obviously. In a re-draft Jan might be a mid 2nd rounder. After workouts, perhaps not drafted at all.

The Wiz staff were supposedly unanimous about picking Jan according to Mike Lee, but now I think that quote was another clever leak by Grunfeld himself. If the staff were truly unanimous, then Grunfeld is surrounded by Rico's :)

It's been suggested that management has cultivated an atmosphere that promotes groupthink and rewards yes men. A lot of opinions probably aren't aired, they just wait to see which way the winds blowing and drop in behind.

The organization won't get better until they get rid of all the management knuckleheads, bring in some forward thinking veterans, and start to change the culture.
Mizerooskie
Junior
And1: 36

Post#138 » by Mizerooskie » Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:30 am

montestewart wrote:
popper wrote:

It's been suggested that management has cultivated an atmosphere that promotes groupthink and rewards yes men. A lot of opinions probably aren't aired, they just wait to see which way the winds blowing and drop in behind.

The organization won't get better until they get rid of all the management knuckleheads, bring in some forward thinking veterans, and start to change the culture.
They need to clean house. The entire front office, coaching staff, scouting staff, and medical staff needs to go.

Bring in a bright, hungry young GM and have him put everything together.
Knighthonor
Sixth Man
And1: 98

Post#139 » by Knighthonor » Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:42 am

This guy vesely does better with Wall tossing down to him.

But no wall, and he looking bad.

I believe they should give him more playing time. This is a losing season. Nothing wrong with playing him more, to get him more comfortable playing in hardcore competition.

I believe he is breaking down because of the pressure and competition.

Give him more mins to play.
Send him to the Dleague where he can start and get max mins needed to work on his game.

Dont waste his time on the bench. develop the guy until Wall get back, and work on his weaknesses when Wall not tossing him the alleyoops.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,068

Post#140 » by nate33 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:10 am

Vesely vs Miami: 2 points, 2 rebounds, 2 fouls, 1 turnover.

He continues to total more fouls than points or rebounds. What's sad is that it felt like one of Vesely's better outings. :nonono:

Return to Washington Wizards