ImageImageImageImageImage

Fire coach Pringles thread (Not a Lakers fan's opinion)

Moderators: Danny Darko, Kilroy, TyCobb

madmaxmedia
RealGM
And1: 6,624

Re: Fire coach Pringles thread (Not a Lakers fan's opinion) 

Post#61 » by madmaxmedia » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:46 pm

Kilroy wrote:Jim's involved more because his dad is older and can't carry all the Ownership load... So he was definitely more involved in the interview process than Jerry.
The issue is whether or not Jerry had any veto power over the decision to hire Phil... Which it seems like he exercised.
It doesn't really matter... It's impossible to blame all our issues on any one person in our organization.

I think if Mitch co-signed on D'Antoni, then I doubt Jerry would have veto'ed even if it was his final say. If Mitch was all in on Mike, then I will chalk it up to a bad decision, and even good basketball guys make bad decisions sometimes.

But if Mitch really preferred Phil and either Jim OR Jerry chose Mike instead, then this is the much more egregious sin IMO. Mitch is the only real basketball guy out of the 3. Jerry has obviously been a great owner but that's a different thing than GM.
Michael Lucky
RealGM
And1: 6,511

Post#62 » by Michael Lucky » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:57 pm

The reports are that Jerry Pushed for D'Antoni because he wanted showtime back. I'm surprised people forgot about that.
madmaxmedia
RealGM
And1: 6,624

Post#63 » by madmaxmedia » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:03 pm

Michael Lucky wrote:The reports are that Jerry Pushed for D'Antoni because he wanted showtime back. I'm surprised people forgot about that.

I remember, but it's hard to parse what actually happened from that. It's all hearsay so it's kind of tough. i mean maybe Jerry mentions to Mitch and Jim that he would like to run again, as just a general statement (because hey Showtime was fun!) But if Mitch were to counter with a lot of fundamental reasons why that wouldn't work, that Jerry had to choose between running and winning, I think Jerry chooses winning.

Mitch came out and firmly backed the decision to go with D'Antoni, and carefully explained the entire thought process that went into it. But it's hard to say how much of that was being a good soldier, vs. what he truly believed.

My guess is that he would have preferred Phil, but that it was more 70/30 Phil vs. D'Antoni for him, and not necessarily 100/0. If he had been 100/0 then he would have pushed back a lot, and maybe Phil is the HC right now. But that's just my guess.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#64 » by Kilroy » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:19 pm

They've talked about trying to get back to showtime for a while... They were talking about it with Rudy T.

That's a very lofty and illusive goal...

You have to look at the coach we had back then... Riley was NOT a players coach... He ruled with an iron fist.

He virtually ran his players into the ground. He's more like Sloan than Rudy T or D'Antoni.

And I think you have to be to get your team to exert super high energy on offense and still play solid D.

And just like Phil, Riley had some issues with Dr Buss, which I believe, ultimately led to his leaving.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
Run-MKE 311
Senior
And1: 9

Post#65 » by Run-MKE 311 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:32 pm

Fire Pringles and go get who exactly????? Lakers fans are locked into this whether we like it or not.
Ball so hard.
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,177

Post#66 » by LAKESHOW » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:43 pm

Sorry fans, for those many of you who chanted Phil Jacksons name several time at staples . . . pleaded for the front office to bring him back? That ship has sailed, and i fear, the door forever closed, with the way we treated him the last time.
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
iQon
Senior
And1: 168

Post#67 » by iQon » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:06 am

A little late, but did D'Antoni say something along the lines of "yes we worked on defense! We worked on it for 30 minutes" a few days ago?

:lol:

Regardless, people need to STFU and relax. There's a lot of season left to turn this around, and we really don't know what D'Antoni can do with our A team, yet.

Let's wait for Nash and Pau to re-join the team and judge Mike accordingly after 17 games.
Jaykoolzboy
Assistant Coach
And1: 95

Post#68 » by Jaykoolzboy » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:09 am

Make it Laker fan opinion. I don't care, fire this useless garbage right now.
GAME TIME
Banned User
And1: 50

Post#69 » by GAME TIME » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:20 am

EWW

This is even worst than Mike Brown.

At least Mike Brown had this team playing competitive ball last season.

Dan Tony might get fired, if the Lakers keep looking like this
GAME TIME
Banned User

Post#70 » by GAME TIME » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:24 am

Long rebounds off quick shots = opponents easy layups

Turnovers = easy layups for opponents

Lakers don't have a pure point guard to make things easier for the offense.

Need to use the low post more, which will help with our fast break defense.

Howard isn't playing up to his potential due to his surgery.

Gasol is out.

This team doesn't have the tools to compete vs good teams. Unless Howard gets back to his Orlando form, without Nash and Gasol, this team isn't a playoff team
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,413

Post#71 » by Slava » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:34 am

No point firing Mike D. Phil ain't coming in to straight up this mess. To quote my dawg S-Jax, he ain't bout dis life.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
GAME TIME
Banned User

Post#72 » by GAME TIME » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:37 am

I say bring in delonte west.. Our point guard position is just getting exposed... AT least when Howard goes out, I think Delonte can hold his own in guarding point guards, where they don't have a easy layups
aguifs
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,429

Post#73 » by aguifs » Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:07 am

I told you!
#FIREAKME #BOYCOTTABULL #REINSDORKSELLTHEFRANCHISE
kobeaki
Veteran
And1: 6

Post#74 » by kobeaki » Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:27 am

dockingsched wrote:the lakers' problems are so beyond a coach right now its funny but sad how us as fans think phil jackson is the answer to the problems.

the problem is the players. they play uninspired, lazy, overconfident, and selfish. people like to put on their blinders but the last season phil was here where he himself was totally checked out, the lakers played just like this. not as bad obviously, but totally uninspired none the less. we want to forget how the mavs completely annihilated the lakers and forced them to resort to cheap shots? we want to forget how in the playoffs even phil couldn't do jack to inspire these guys (screaming at players, grabbing pau by the jersey).

i'm not going to single out any one player, but its on the players to play for each other and play as a team. i'm honestly hopefully someone like steve nash can help bring this team together with his style of play. some people have taken the stance that believing in nash is laughable, whatever though, i believe in nash more than any other player on this team, sue me.

And you don't think dr Phil would find ways to make said players be all you say they aren't?

Look, a great basketball coach isn't so much for the stars, it's for the other guys. I have no doubt in my mind that Phil would have effective , successful ways to integrate pau, Dwight Kobe and Steve..., as well as the other players... Not to mention demand their respect.
ucp.php?i=profile&mode=signature

XuDa wrote:Magic, Bird and the other 80#s HOF'ers were holding the league back and stunting it's development big time.

:lol:
airjordanair
Senior
And1: 32

Post#75 » by airjordanair » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:07 am

Bulls fan here.. I've watched a few Lakers games due to my man love for Dwight / Kobe.

What's going on in Laker town is not in anyones control. This is just plain weird. The talent is there, even without Nash. The coach.. yeah of coarse bad choice but he can still get you wins, and is better than this record.

Dwight? Playing like a guy that won't be around too long.. looks like a guy browsing in Duty free, a little unsure if it's worth the price to pay. Also, quoted saying he knows where he'll sign next year. Mis-quoted or just a dumb comment? This is a flaw of his.

Nash.. yeah, great player, but what's he going to give you, 1 year? 2 years? Will he be injury free? What then? Kobe will be wrapping up soon too.. I know we're living the now, but don't think Nash is the answer, and would hate for chaos to disrupt when you find out you're still losing games when he returns. I just hope the coaching staff dont think Nash is some kind of saviour and leave it at that.

I think the problem comes down to too much talent.. I think the chemistry is clashing.. I think Kobe is trying to prove too much he's the man (we all know he is) and it's disrupting any offensive flow. Also, you're just not getting stops, and allowing too many opposition points, even in your wins. Is this the coach? Probably.. but man you got the players that can get the stops. I also think players do not know their roles, and are trying to be more than what's required. There's also no sense of urgency at all during games, the only sense is the 'we're sinking fast' sense.. who's gonna do something about it? That's the question.
GoldKnightRises
Senior
And1: 24

Post#76 » by GoldKnightRises » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:20 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erW0mxF4gQw&feature=youtube[/youtube]

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
Kobe System
Lead Assistant
And1: 449

Post#77 » by Kobe System » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:32 am

Jaykoolzboy wrote:Make it Laker fan opinion. I don't care, fire this useless garbage right now.

This.
aguifs
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,429

Post#78 » by aguifs » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:22 am

So glad I started the campaign for you Lakers fans!!! Get rid of D'Antoni now!!!
#FIREAKME #BOYCOTTABULL #REINSDORKSELLTHEFRANCHISE
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,168

Post#79 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:43 am

Knicks fans who say that D'Antoni can't coach are wrong IMO. Woodson has kept much of his offense while simply incorporating ISOs for Melo (something D'Antoni resisted). And he doesn't NEED Nash to run his offense, but he does need a decent PG to run it. Felton and Lin both thrived under him. But you guys have nobody to run the point right now with both Nash and Blake out. Plus, Gasol is out with bad knees.

I think you gotta have some patience and let your team get healthy and have some time off to practice. You guys could be dangerous by the time the playoffs come around. Plus you'll probably make a move or two at the deadline.

Relax.

"Duh Winning"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
POSTING POLICIES:
1. Posts are dictated but not proofread most of the time. It depends.
2. All typos are not the fault of the real Harthorne Wingo, may he Rest In Peace.
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 9,804

Post#80 » by TyCobb » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:02 am

Is he fired yet?
Read more, learn more, change your posts.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers