Does this make everyone H-A-P-P-Y?

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

rugbyrugger23
RealGM
And1: 1,336

Does this make everyone H-A-P-P-Y? 

Post#1 » by rugbyrugger23 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:01 am

To Lakers: Love, Harris, Hawks 2013 (protected) 1st Rd Pick
--Love returns to LA to be poster boy for his college town along with some huge lux tax savings from Harris.

To Hawks: Howard, Blake, Amundson
--Get Howard to go with childhood friend Smith.

To Wolves: Horford, Morrow, Houston 1st via Hawks
--Horford saves MN a little money vs. Love and hasn't complained about leaving MN, yet.

Lakers:
C-Gasol/Hill
PF-Love/Jamison
SF-MWP/Clark/Ebanks
SG-KB/DJO/Meeks
PG-Nash/Harris/Duhon

Hawks:
C-Howard/Pachuilla
PF-Smith/Tolliver/Amundson
SF-Korver/Stevenson
SG-Lou/Jenkins
PG-Teague/Blake

Wolves:
C-Pek/Greg
PF-Horford/Cunningham/DWill*
SF-AK47/Howard/Bud
SG-Shved/Morrow/Lee
PG-RR/Rid/Shved/Barea*
*Wolves still shop Barea and DWill
Mattya
RealGM
And1: 6,282

Re: Does this make everyone H-A-P-P-Y? 

Post#2 » by Mattya » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:04 am

Wolves would need more value.
[RCG]
Head Coach
And1: 135

Post#3 » by [RCG] » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:17 am

Horford is nice and all but Love has a couple seasons left, at least, in Minnesota.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt
magic wand time
Junior
And1: 6

Post#4 » by magic wand time » Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:53 am

Mattya wrote:Wolves would need more value.

The Rox pick add probably helps and maybe the best of their multiple 2nds coming.

Also, I tried to move Morrow to Minn previously and was roundly lambasted. With youngsters Ivan and Scott trying to get a sniff along with Tolliver, doubt they need Amundson.

For LA it boils down to, is the value enough to abort the Dwight plan?
milesfides wrote:If I were management and I saw one of my players crying, tweeting, and listening to Drake, I would punch him in the face.

Stern's Legacy in two words: BASKETBALL REASONS {the NBA's future instantly changed}
rugbyrugger23
RealGM

Post#5 » by rugbyrugger23 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:57 am

[RCG] wrote:Horford is nice and all but Love has a couple seasons left, at least, in Minnesota.

Wolves ONLY make such a trade if they are at an impasse with Love...meaning he wants out and its best to honor his requests.

For the Lakers, ONLY if they feel Howard experiment has failed and/or they feel he will leave come offseason for somewhere not LA.

Hawks ONLY make this trade if they are 100% confident Howard will re-sign with them.
mainmolina
Sophomore
And1: 20

Post#6 » by mainmolina » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:24 am

rugbyrugger23 wrote:
[RCG] wrote:Horford is nice and all but Love has a couple seasons left, at least, in Minnesota.

Wolves ONLY make such a trade if they are at an impasse with Love...meaning he wants out and its best to honor his requests.

For the Lakers, ONLY if they feel Howard experiment has failed and/or they feel he will leave come offseason for somewhere not LA.

Hawks ONLY make this trade if they are 100% confident Howard will re-sign with them.

This. But Wolves would probably need more value their way.
[RCG]
Head Coach

Post#7 » by [RCG] » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:51 am

All I'm saying is that Love has a couple more seasons left in Minnesota. What does the Rockets pick look like?
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt
lukekarts
Head Coach
And1: 335

Post#8 » by lukekarts » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:02 pm

[RCG] wrote:All I'm saying is that Love has a couple more seasons left in Minnesota. What does the Rockets pick look like?

Houston's own 2013 1st round pick to Atlanta via Brooklyn (top 14 protected in 2013, top 14 protected in 2014, top 14 protected in 2015 and top 14 protected in the 2016 Draft). If Atlanta via Brooklyn does not receive a 1st round pick from Houston by the 2016 Draft, then Houston will convey their own 2017 2nd round pick and cash to Atlanta via Brooklyn.

So basically, it'll be a mid/late teen pick when the Rockets first make the playoffs.
There is no consolation prize. Winning is everything.
rugbyrugger23
RealGM

Post#9 » by rugbyrugger23 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:05 pm

mainmolina wrote:
rugbyrugger23 wrote:

This. But Wolves would probably need more value their way.

All Hawks have to offer is a future 1st. 4th Team could be added who values one of Atlanta's expiring's for a draft pick.
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#10 » by old rem » Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:19 pm

rugbyrugger23 wrote:

Basically...all that has to be factors and I'd add that Atl pretty much needs Dwight to go with a S+T,rather than some sort of non-binding "maybe". Even then a LITTLE tweaking would seem likely,but it's close.....however...BIG "ifs" as far as Dwight's intentions.
CENSORED... No comment.
Trader_Joe
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,948

Post#11 » by Trader_Joe » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:06 pm

I think Love trades need to end unless one of the following players is heading to Minny:

Anthony Davis
LBJ
Durant
Griffin
Westbrook
Melo
Monroe
M.Gasol
Harden
LMA+
Bosh+

As in a locked up star player.
Otherwise they truly don't have any incentive to make any moves this season.
Next season, may be a different story as he gets nearer to the end of his contract and they may want to avoid the dreaded final season before become an unrestricted FA.
Mikhail Prokhorov wrote:My posse usually needs another vacation after a vacation with me.
Figjamjr
Sophomore
And1: 4

Post#12 » by Figjamjr » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:59 pm

Trader_Joe wrote:I think Love trades need to end unless one of the following players is heading to Minny:

Anthony Davis
LBJ
Durant
Griffin
Westbrook
Melo
Monroe
M.Gasol
Harden
LMA+
Bosh+

Next season, may be a different story as he gets nearer to the end of his contract and they may want to avoid the dreaded final season before become an unrestricted FA.

Like the idea of only doing a trade with a star player involved but why then do you have Anthony Davis and Monroe on the list??????? :noway: Neither of them has proved anything even close to what Love has done. They may have "potential" but it doesn't mean they will be as good as Love.

If Love is a top 5 player in the league and most people think he was last year, then only top 5 players should be considered right? Like: LBJ, Durrant, Chris Paul, Westbrook, Melo, and D Rose.

Include 1 of those guys and then we're talking.
Trader_Joe
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#13 » by Trader_Joe » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:55 am

Figjamjr wrote:
Trader_Joe wrote:I think Love trades need to end unless one of the following players is heading to Minny:

Anthony Davis
LBJ
Durant
Griffin
Westbrook
Melo
Monroe
M.Gasol
Harden
LMA+
Bosh+

Like the idea of only doing a trade with a star player involved but why then do you have Anthony Davis and Monroe on the list??????? :noway: Neither of them has proved anything even close to what Love has done. They may have "potential" but it doesn't mean they will be as good as Love.

If Love is a top 5 player in the league and most people think he was last year, then only top 5 players should be considered right? Like: LBJ, Durrant, Chris Paul, Westbrook, Melo, and D Rose.

I never said they were as good and of course they are not as proven, but they have the type of value few players do. BTW Love is not a top 5 player nor was he last year.

Also...I left out PGs like Rose and Irving because of Rubio and Paul is a FA.

Finally keep in mind Love has his max value right now. Next year it goes down as he only has two years left and then the year after he is in that soon to be unrestricted FA scenario.

If I'm Minny, I stick with him and see how the team does in the playoffs and what his general vibe is. Next summer would be the earliest I consider moving him, unless you get a unbelievable offer now.
Mikhail Prokhorov wrote:My posse usually needs another vacation after a vacation with me.
Mattya
RealGM

Post#14 » by Mattya » Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:16 am

Rubio and Davis on the same team? :o
Trader_Joe
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#15 » by Trader_Joe » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:15 am

Mattya wrote:Rubio and Davis on the same team? :o

The defense of Ak/Davis/Pek would he insane.
Wonder if they could some how get Gordon too..

Rubio
Gordon
AK
Davis
Pekovic

Full strength that team would be scary good.
HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,472

Post#16 » by HartfordWhalers » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:27 am

Trader_Joe wrote:

Rubio
Gordon
AK
Davis
Pekovic

Skip figuring out how to trade for Gordon, and get Tony Allen in free agency.
Mattya
RealGM

Post#17 » by Mattya » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:22 am

HartfordWhalers wrote:
Trader_Joe wrote:

Rubio
Gordon
AK
Davis
Pekovic

Lets not be that mean. How would you even score on a team with Rubio, Allen, AK47, and Davis in the starting lineup.
[RCG]
Head Coach

Post#18 » by [RCG] » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:28 am

Mattya wrote:
HartfordWhalers wrote:
Trader_Joe wrote:The defense of Ak/Davis/Pek would he insane.

Rubio
Gordon
AK
Davis
Pekovic

Lets not be that mean. How would you even score on a team with Rubio, Allen, AK47, and Davis in the starting lineup.

I don't know but I'd like to see it tried!
eliasrapp98
Assistant Coach
And1: 381

Post#19 » by eliasrapp98 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:34 am

Figjamjr wrote:

Anthony Davis
LBJ
Durant
Griffin
Westbrook
Melo
Monroe
M.Gasol
Harden
LMA+
Bosh+

Well if they really liked Davis, he is 4 years younger and on a 4 year rookie deal. I still wouldn't do it though.
PG: Russell Westbrook, Reggie Jackson
SG: Andre Roberson, Anthony Morrow, Jeremy Lamb
SF: Kevin Durant, KJ McDaniels, Perry Jones
PF: Serge Ibaka, Nick Collison, Robert Covington
Cc: Al Jefferson, Steven Adams, Kendrick Perkins, Mitch McGary
[RCG]
Head Coach

Post#20 » by [RCG] » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:12 am

I would. But then again just look at my avatar...

Return to Trades and Transactions