ImageImageImageImageImage

Lakers Looking for Point Guard

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

Jajwanda
General Manager
And1: 105

Re: Lakers Looking for Point Guard 

Post#61 » by Jajwanda » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:24 am

You mean the way they were still coming to games in 2004 (oh wait...).
semi-sentient
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,609

Post#62 » by semi-sentient » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:57 am

Lakers-Texas wrote:Delonte and raja bell? Waive ebanks and morris

Two guys that can shoot and defend. Bell isn't what he once was, but he knows how to play defense and I value that over athletic guys that don't understand how to play good defense due to low BBIQ.

West is just a smart player on the court. I always loved his decision-making and his poise under pressure. He's the kind of guy we need in the playoffs.

I personally think those two would be a huge upgrade.

They wouldn't turn us into contenders or anything, but look at this lineup off the bench:

West
Bell
Jamison
Hill
Pau

Really solid reserve squad. Once our starters start clicking all we need is a bench that can hang with others and we'll be back to contention.
"Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere." - Carl Sagan
cbrown32
Junior
And1: 12

Post#63 » by cbrown32 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:51 am

Kilroy wrote:Milsap, Mo Williams, and Bell for Pau and Blake... Still think this is a better way to kill those birds...

But I am interested in how Pau plays when Nash gets back.

This would be great but as someone else said, I have heard that Mo wants to be a starter. BUT with Nash's health problems, and the fact that he is getting much older and should be rested for the playoffs as much as possible, I think they could give him enough minutes to make him happy.

With that said, I don't see the Jazz taking that offer.
Soul Chef Fresh
Sophomore
And1: 3

Post#64 » by Soul Chef Fresh » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:15 am

semi-sentient wrote:
Lakers-Texas wrote:Delonte and raja bell? Waive ebanks and morris

Two guys that can shoot and defend. Bell isn't what he once was, but he knows how to play defense and I value that over athletic guys that don't understand how to play good defense due to low BBIQ.

West is just a smart player on the court. I always loved his decision-making and his poise under pressure. He's the kind of guy we need in the playoffs.

I personally think those two would be a huge upgrade.

They wouldn't turn us into contenders or anything, but look at this lineup off the bench:

West
Bell
Jamison
Hill
Pau

Really solid reserve squad. Once our starters start clicking all we need is a bench that can hang with others and we'll be back to contention.

Who would be the Starting 4, if Hill, Jamison and Pau are coming off the bench?

I'm pretty certain that Pau won't be coming off the bench once he and Nash are back in the line-up.

But i'd agree that the reserves would be far stronger than what we currently have.
semi-sentient
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#65 » by semi-sentient » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:34 am

Move Artest to the 4 and start Ebanks at the 3. I proposed that in another thread.

Artest is a better defender and thus far a better outside shooter so it's an upgrade both ways. Ebanks is a question mark offensively but he brings solid defense and athleticism to the starting lineup.
"Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere." - Carl Sagan
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 9,809

Post#66 » by TyCobb » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:37 am

LAKESHOW wrote:
Tasp wrote:
DrewBynum77 wrote:let it go, man.

Ebanks is a question mark offensively but he brings solid defense and athleticism to the starting lineup.

So which is it?
Read more, learn more, change your posts.
Soul Chef Fresh
Sophomore

Post#67 » by Soul Chef Fresh » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:10 pm

semi-sentient wrote:Move Artest to the 4 and start Ebanks at the 3. I proposed that in another thread.

Artest is a better defender and thus far a better outside shooter so it's an upgrade both ways. Ebanks is a question mark offensively but he brings solid defense and athleticism to the starting lineup.

As strong as MWP is, it's going to be a mismatch in the post. He'd help stretch the floor, but players like Zach Randolph will have a field day against him.

I'd keep the starting 5 as is. Four are all-star caliber players. Keep it that way. I've got faith in Nashtoni when it finally starts rolling.
Jimbacosystem
Ballboy
And1: 2

Post#68 » by Jimbacosystem » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:49 pm

MistyMountain20 wrote:
Jaykoolzboy wrote:It's just pathetic that Lakers fan hoping Delonte West to be the savior for the franchise. I mean WTF, Delonte West to save the LAKERS? Lakers should put their heads up and play hard, they will be fine.

Pathetic? That's a strong word, it's basketball, way to be dramatic.

And nobody thinks West is gonna right the ship or turnaround our season, but he is a very nice player who can help this team in a variety if ways.

totally agree... he is no savior but adds depth at 2 positions and more importantly provides the Lakers with more flexibility when it comes to trade...

the lakers other than pau and hill have no valuable trade assets... accumulating guys like west and even a guy like kenyon martin provides us with greater flexibility.

Those 2 moves are pretty much no brainers if the players are willing to sign
Michael Lucky
RealGM
And1: 6,513

Post#69 » by Michael Lucky » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:26 pm

no thanks to Kenyon Martin.
Jimbacosystem
Ballboy

Post#70 » by Jimbacosystem » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:36 pm

Michael Lucky wrote:no thanks to Kenyon Martin.

I don't like it either but they have to consider it as a means to an end...

this current roster won't win anything even if everyone is at 100%

the lack of a serviceable bench 3 will plague this team all year. Signing Kenyon Martin frees up a body for trade to get that piece...
gotokyo
Rookie
And1: 283

Post#71 » by gotokyo » Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:04 pm

What makes you think they would be valuable trade assets? If teams don't want them now while their free agents willing to sign vet min contracts, why would they want them later in a trade??
Jimbacosystem
Ballboy

Post#72 » by Jimbacosystem » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:17 pm

gotokyo wrote:What makes you think they would be valuable trade assets? If teams don't want them now while their free agents willing to sign vet min contracts, why would they want them later in a trade??

i think you misunderstood what i said... i don't think either west or martin would be traded.... they are the guys we can keep...

however, it would open up our ability to trade hill and meeks and others...

it is apparent the FO is probably not willing to trade Pau... maybe as insurance in case D12 leaves or because they can't get the value they want or they want to try and make a run at a chip

whatever the case... adding depth in terms of 1 year FA signings and dumping the terds from the end of the bench isn't much of a risk. neither is trading meeks or hill... does anyone really think either are critical long term pieces to the lakers success?

If the idea is to win now we need more assets to give us flexibility and quite frankly just bodies when we all know there will be further injuries.
EvilSperm
Banned User
And1: 17

Post#73 » by EvilSperm » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:29 pm

Why Not add also Derrick Brown? why not?
Donte Greene?
Yi Jianlian?
Damion Jones?
Terrence Williams?
Shawne WIlliams?
Bill Walker?
Lester Hudson?

We can't pick up any of these guys for the Minimum? why not take a gamble?
Soul Chef Fresh
Sophomore

Post#74 » by Soul Chef Fresh » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:47 pm

Lester Hudson would be a great pick up.

he was having a hell of a year on his two 10 day contracts with the Cavs.

I didn't see him in rotation with the Grizzlies, but he seems solid enough to warrant a chance here. We need all the help we can get.
GAME TIME
Banned User
And1: 50

Post#75 » by GAME TIME » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:32 am

Bring in the crazy Delonte West

He can play a little defense at least.

Duhon play no defense, it's pretty atrocious
semi-sentient
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#76 » by semi-sentient » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:56 am

TyCobb wrote:
semi-sentient wrote:Two guys that can shoot and defend. Bell isn't what he once was, but he knows how to play defense and I value that over athletic guys that don't understand how to play good defense due to low BBIQ.

Ebanks is a question mark offensively but he brings solid defense and athleticism to the starting lineup.

So which is it?

I was referring to Meeks and Duhon/Morris who Bell and West would be replacing.
EvilSperm
Banned User
And1: 17

Jonny Flynn confirms Lakers interest 

Post#77 » by EvilSperm » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:59 am

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/baske ... 6536937020

Flynn confirmed his agent had been contacted by the LA Lakers who have listed Flynn with several other players as potential injury relief with gun Steve Nash sidelined with a broken fibula.

It's believed Flynn could get a 10-day contract should the Lakers place him above several other potential new point-guards, including the New Zealand Breakers Cedric Jackson.

The Tigers would be obliged to release him but club officials haven't discussed a replacement, or whether Flynn would return to Melbourne if a 10-day stint wasn't extended.

Flynn said he was ready if needed, but wanted to concentrate his efforts on the Tigers clash with Cairns on Sunday.

"You have a lot of rumours in an NBA season where guys are getting hurt and a lot of names get thrown out there," he said.

"You always see opportunity and you have to be ready, ready to seize it. They have reached out to my agent but it's early.

"They would probably have a short list with a lot of guys. It's that time of the season when teams might be looking to make changes, but as I said, a lot of names get thrown up.

"But I'm here now and that's all I'm focussed on."

Flynn, who has played over 150 NBA games with Minnesota and Portland, has topped the scoring averages for the Tigers who have struggled to a 2-8 record this season.

But the 24-year-old wasn't concerned Melbourne's losing record would impact on any potential NBA return.

"You're asking the wrong guy about that, Flynn said.

"It would be great (to get back to the NBA). But I am just playing the way I play. I just worry about coming in and trying to win games."

Just a rumor guys?
Mirjalovic
Head Coach
And1: 1,780

Re: Jonny Flynn confirms Lakers interest 

Post#78 » by Mirjalovic » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:01 am

Can't we just take Delonte & then cut DJO, Duhon, Blake or any deadweights ?
shawn_hemp wrote: a guy who is far worse than Robert Covington in Brandon Ingram, and a guy who is no better than TJ McConnell or Tony Wroten in D'Angelo Russell.

Sixers fans...

Jaykoolzboy
Assistant Coach
And1: 95

Re: Jonny Flynn confirms Lakers interest 

Post#79 » by Jaykoolzboy » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:07 am

If it's Johnny Flynn, why not call guys like Allen Iverson or Gilbert Arenas
Jajwanda
General Manager
And1: 105

Post#80 » by Jajwanda » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:08 am

How many teams start PFs that can post up MWP? Not many from what I can see. YOu might be right on Ebanks and by the way his best asset is his mid-range which is pretty solid so as long as you have three other guys that can shoot outside you should be ok.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers