The Pau Gasol Pickle

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

Mattya
RealGM
And1: 6,282

Re: The Pau Gasol Pickle 

Post#321 » by Mattya » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:08 am

Cashin out wrote:
Mattya wrote:Take out Pekovic.

So Minny gets Gasol for peanuts?

Dwill/Barea/Roy is not enough to get Pau Gasol.

Pau Gasol at 20 mil, with bad knees. Yea I'm not giving more than peanuts.

Gasol isn't even worth Pekovic alone.
Cashin out
Banned User
And1: 12

Post#322 » by Cashin out » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:24 am

Mattya wrote:
Cashin out wrote:
Mattya wrote:Take out Pekovic.

So Minny gets Gasol for peanuts?

lol Pekovic is nothing special your gm wanted to trade him and Dwill for Pau and the Lakers turned them down.

Pau has won championships Dwill looks like a draft bust and Pekovik is a ok center but he is a stiff on defense.

Pau>Dwill/Pekovic
Mattya
RealGM

Post#323 » by Mattya » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:58 am

:lol: No. Pekovic is not a stiff on defense. Keep on making assumptions.

False report from LA followed by the sheep.
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,327

Post#324 » by Texas Chuck » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:41 pm

A healthy and motivated Gasol is certainly a better player than Pek. But we dont know how healthy he is, Minny would be taking a serious risk on how happy Gasol would be in Minny--newsflash all Spaniards arent automatically BFFs, and then there is the whole issue of their respective contracts/ages. I can appreciate Minny passing on Gasol for Pek+. Too much risk for too little gain for them imo.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
jscott
Veteran
And1: 916

Post#325 » by jscott » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:16 pm

Cashin out wrote:
Mattya wrote:
Cashin out wrote:So Minny gets Gasol for peanuts?

lol Pekovic is nothing special your gm wanted to trade him and Dwill for Pau and the Lakers turned them down.

Pau has won championships Dwill looks like a draft bust and Pekovik is a ok center but he is a stiff on defense.

Pau>Dwill/Pekovic

You're delusional.

Gasol doesn't have anywhere near that kind of value. A guy making 40 million over the next 2 (at 60% w/ bad knees and poor play) isn't considered an asset.

The Mark Stein report of Pek/Williams for Pau didn't happen. Just poor reporting and a desperate fanbase looking for a solution.
warren weel im
Lead Assistant
And1: 307

Post#326 » by warren weel im » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:58 pm

GhostX wrote:LA Gets: Nene, Ariza, DWill, JCrawford

WAS Gets: Pekovic, Roys EXP, Barea, Blake

MIN Gets: Gasol

Your sending us the worst versions of "DWill" and "JCrawford" ... if only that meant Deron and Jamal.
andyhop
Analyst
And1: 1,274

Post#327 » by andyhop » Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:08 pm

warren weel im wrote:

Your sending us the worst versions of "DWill" and "JCrawford" ... if only that meant Deron and Jamal.

Well the Wolves are getting the worst version of Gasol so its only fair
"Football is not a matter of life and death...it's much more important than that."- Bill Shankley
DanTown8587
RealGM
And1: 9,332

Post#328 » by DanTown8587 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:59 pm

Udrih, Dalembert and Illasoyva for Gasol, Clark, Morris?

LA
Nash/Udrih
Bryant
World Peace/Meeks
Illasoyva/Hill
Howard/Dalembert

Milwaukee
Jennings
Ellis
LRAM/Harris
Gasol/Gooden
Sanders
JB2
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,084

Post#329 » by JB2 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:41 pm

Minny: Gasol
Portland: D Will, Pek, Ridnour
LA: Batum

Does Portland want to save some $$ and get a legit center? Do they think D Will can turn into what Batum is?
Does Minny pay that price to get Gasol/Love/Ak/Rubio. I'd think so. That's an insane lineup if Pau comes back to form.
Mattya
RealGM

Post#330 » by Mattya » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:44 pm

JB2 wrote:Minny: Gasol
Portland: D Will, Pek, Ridnour
LA: Batum

Does Portland want to save some $$ and get a legit center? Do they think D Will can turn into what Batum is?
Does Minny pay that price to get Gasol/Love/Ak/Rubio. I'd think so. That's an insane lineup if Pau comes back to form.

If is a big word. Especially when that if comes with a 19 million dollar contract.
jazzfan1971
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,043

Post#331 » by jazzfan1971 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:55 pm

andyhop wrote:
warren weel im wrote:

Well the Wolves are getting the worst version of Gasol so its only fair

Post of the week.
"Thibs called back and wanted more picks," said Jorge Sedano. "And Pat Riley, literally, I was told, called him a mother-bleeper and hung up the phone."
AQuintus
RealGM
And1: 2,458

Post#332 » by AQuintus » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:46 pm

Cashin out wrote:lol Pekovic is nothing special your gm wanted to trade him and Dwill for Pau and the Lakers turned them down.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmx4twCK3_I[/youtube]
torotoe
Sixth Man
And1: 184

Post#333 » by torotoe » Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:40 am

Chandler, brewer, mozgov, koufos for gasol, cheapest contracts on la.

Improved starting lineup and bench for la. Chandler at the 4 is a better fit than Pau. Brewer would be 6th man. Mozgov, Koufos and Hill would all battle for minutes. Chandler had his best days with D'antoni.

Denver gets Pau for bench players because of the money, and the fact that Pau has regressed. Now that it's the 15th, this trade is possible.
SCourGe OF GoD
Assistant Coach
And1: 51

Post#334 » by SCourGe OF GoD » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:22 pm

torotoe wrote:Chandler, brewer, mozgov, koufos for gasol, cheapest contracts on la.

Improved starting lineup and bench for la. Chandler at the 4 is a better fit than Pau. Brewer would be 6th man. Mozgov, Koufos and Hill would all battle for minutes. Chandler had his best days with D'antoni.

Denver gets Pau for bench players because of the money, and the fact that Pau has regressed. Now that it's the 15th, this trade is possible.

Would prefer the Minnesota offer. Any Denver deal has to start with Gallo or we aint listening

JR : Next Gen
torotoe
Sixth Man
And1: 184

Post#335 » by torotoe » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:23 pm

GhostX wrote:
torotoe wrote:Chandler, brewer, mozgov, koufos for gasol, cheapest contracts on la.

Would prefer the Minnesota offer. Any Denver deal has to start with Gallo or we aint listening

Then it's a mutual feeling. Not a chance Denver trades Gallo for Gasol.
inquisitive
RealGM
And1: 2,838

Post#336 » by inquisitive » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:30 pm

i really think the raptors(barg/cald) trade is most realistic and likely should those two be still around by the trade deadline...today is the first day that many players can be traded...expect some trades going down this weekend around the league.

barg's contract is just 1 yr more than Pau's and much less $ wise. He can shoot as stretch 4. Cald would be more than adequate backup who is expiring. Fit wise and financially is probably the reason they get traded to Lakers. plus, the raptors are openly wanting to trade those guys.

Amare contract is just way too much and his injury history is not good though he would be a great fit in LA i think.

Lakers don't want Boozer's contract, but i think he would fit too, but LA isn't high on him.
KARD "You n Me " Mnet Countdown
www.youtube.com/watch?v=77b3zg3OhgI
shrink
RealGM
And1: 13,956

Post#337 » by shrink » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:49 pm

inquisitive wrote:Lakers don't want Boozer's contract, but i think he would fit too, but LA isn't high on him.

I was curious about that too. I think if the Lakers trade Gasol, they need to look for another productive vet who is also over-priced.

I never followed Pau rumors until they involved the wolves, so can someone educate me, and let me know if there have been anything official, or even rumored, and either team not wanting a deal starting between Gasol and Boozer?
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
jscott
Veteran
And1: 916

Post#338 » by jscott » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:53 pm

GhostX wrote:

I hope you aren't referring to the PEK/DWill offer that was invented by Mark Stein cause you'll be waiting a while.
SCourGe OF GoD
Assistant Coach
And1: 51

Post#339 » by SCourGe OF GoD » Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:17 pm

shrink wrote:
inquisitive wrote:Lakers don't want Boozer's contract, but i think he would fit too, but LA isn't high on him.

I was curious about that too. I think if the Lakers trade Gasol, they need to look for another productive vet who is also over-priced.

I never followed Pau rumors until they involved the wolves, so can someone educate me, and let me know if there have been anything official, or even rumored, and either team not wanting a deal starting between Gasol and Boozer?

Not that im aware of. Mitch would most likely need Deng which would be a deal breaker for the Bulls. Guys i hope we see a few deals go down soon maybe Monday at the earliest but i think if Pau's moved it will be maybe a a day or 2 before the deadline

JR : Next Gen
[RCG]
Head Coach
And1: 135

Post#340 » by [RCG] » Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:20 pm

torotoe wrote:
GhostX wrote:Would prefer the Minnesota offer.

Then it's a mutual feeling.

:lol:
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt

Return to Trades and Transactions