Brandon Roy Update

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,581

Brandon Roy Update 

Post#1 » by Klomp » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:11 pm

“@Twolves_PR: Roy on his activity: "I've been doing some cardio, working on strengthening my right knee. Next week I hope to go full bore." #Twolves”

“@Twolves_PR: Roy says he feels good, still confident he can play. He feels better after arthroscopic surgery, doesn't feel that pinch anymore. #Twolves”

“@DanaWessel: Brandon Roy said he is going to keep chugging along. Said he never considered re-retiring. Will ramp up activity next week.”
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
cpfsf
General Manager
And1: 1,104
Location: sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell

Re: Brandon Roy Update 

Post#2 » by cpfsf » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:14 pm

admirable, but...

sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Post#3 » by C.lupus » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:18 pm

Is it wrong that I read the thread title and immediately hoped it was news of his retirement?
Swish4
Sixth Man
And1: 374

Post#4 » by Swish4 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:18 pm

What an unexpected boost it would be if he can come back and play semi regular minutes for us. Chances are slim but who knows.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,581

Post#5 » by Klomp » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:22 pm

“@JoanNiesen: Roy said he did not consider retiring in Nov. The decision was to play through pain or have the scope. Hopes to fully practice next week.”
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Shem
RealGM
And1: 3,307

Post#6 » by Shem » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:50 pm

Klomp wrote:
“@Twolves_PR: Roy on his activity: "I've been doing some cardio, working on strengthening my right knee. Next week I hope to go full bore." #Twolves”

“@Twolves_PR: Roy says he feels good, still confident he can play. He feels better after arthroscopic surgery, doesn't feel that pinch anymore. #Twolves”

“@DanaWessel: Brandon Roy said he is going to keep chugging along. Said he never considered re-retiring. Will ramp up activity next week.”

FYI: Roy always says he feels good.
April 4, 2014:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:I never said Dallas was good as Portland

Earlier on December 8, 2013:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:That's the Whole Point Portland is No better than Dallas
Adenusi
Bench Warmer
And1: 361

Post#7 » by Adenusi » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:59 pm

Why doesn't he just wear protective casts around his knees so he doesn't reinjure them the next time he bangs knees with someone?
TMo519
Bench Warmer
And1: 25

Post#8 » by TMo519 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:03 pm

Adenusi wrote:Why doesn't he just wear protective casts around his knees so he doesn't reinjure them the next time he bangs knees with someone?

He was sporting pads in the first few games, but I suppose the damage was already done.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,134

Post#9 » by Calinks » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:44 pm

When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,678

Post#10 » by Basti » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:18 pm

Adenusi wrote:Why doesn't he just wear protective casts around his knees so he doesn't reinjure them the next time he bangs knees with someone?

Wearing casts has no effects on your knees if you have Arthritis. His knees are lacking cartilage which in turn causes the kneecaps to grind on the bones causing tons of pain. The only thing he could use as some sort of protection would be stabilizing pads/bandages that keep the caps in place and give them some stability. At least they've helped me greatly. But then again, my knees fortunately do not even remotely have to withstand the same stress as Roy's have. I also hope my knees aren't even close to level III Arthritis.
DusterBuster
RealGM
And1: 18,934

Post#11 » by DusterBuster » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:18 pm

Shem wrote:FYI: Roy always says he feels good.

The last time Roy told the Blazers how good he felt was a week prior to his retirement. So yeah, not trying to be a wet blanket, but take this news with a grain of salt guys.
Devilzsidewalk wrote:DB is like the ultimate Wolves troll
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Post#12 » by C.lupus » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:19 am

DusterBuster wrote:

The last time Roy told the Blazers how good he felt was a week prior to his retirement. So yeah, not trying to be a wet blanket, but take this news with a grain of salt guys.

My expectations for him are zero at this point. If I get proven wrong, great.
Esohny
RealGM
And1: 339

Post#13 » by Esohny » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:31 am

C.lupus wrote:
DusterBuster wrote:

My expectations for him are zero at this point. If I get proven wrong, great.

Whatever. He TOLD YOU SO.
SMAC-K wrote:Mayo>>>>Love and that 5th pick
OJ Mayo is one of the best defenders in the league, hes a two way player and hes a great passer and playmaker.
Steve_Holiday
Pro Prospect
And1: 51

Post#14 » by Steve_Holiday » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:03 am

Is this version of Roy is supposed to be better than the one we saw at the beginning of the season?
moss_is_1
RealGM
And1: 2,007

Post#15 » by moss_is_1 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:30 am

Eh, if he can play like he did at the beginning of the year, but make some shots then that's fine. He was at least a good presence on the floor and a nice passer.
Mattya
RealGM
And1: 6,282

Post#16 » by Mattya » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:52 am

moss_is_1 wrote:Eh, if he can play like he did at the beginning of the year, but make some shots then that's fine. He was at least a good presence on the floor and a nice passer.

Agreed. Hit a better percentage from the perimeter and keep up the assists. That player would be well worth the money, especially as an expiring contract.
Adenusi
Bench Warmer

Post#17 » by Adenusi » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:50 am

Basti wrote:

Wearing casts has no effects on your knees if you have Arthritis. His knees are lacking cartilage which in turn causes the kneecaps to grind on the bones causing tons of pain. The only thing he could use as some sort of protection would be stabilizing pads/bandages that keep the caps in place and give them some stability. At least they've helped me greatly. But then again, my knees fortunately do not even remotely have to withstand the same stress as Roy's have. I also hope my knees aren't even close to level III Arthritis.

Wow, this is getting past the game of basketball. Dude needs to call it quits.
Adenusi
Bench Warmer

Post#18 » by Adenusi » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:51 am

TMo519 wrote:

He was sporting pads in the first few games, but I suppose the damage was already done.

Didn't know, thanks. Hope he proves everyone wrong but i'm still concerned.
cpfsf
General Manager
And1: 1,104
Location: sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell

Post#19 » by cpfsf » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:25 am

start ridnour at 2. roy can come off the bench and create looks for the backcourt bench guys. we can do this until his next knee injury occurs. don't think we'll have to wait too long for that.

sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell
the_bruce
Analyst
And1: 57

Post#20 » by the_bruce » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:48 pm

cpfsf wrote:start ridnour at 2. roy can come off the bench and create looks for the backcourt bench guys. we can do this until his next knee injury occurs. don't think we'll have to wait too long for that.

This.

Also looks like he will easily fall under his 66 games and 1400 minute mark that will make his contract guaranteed.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves