PG: We'll meet again in the finals!

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,674

Re: PG: We'll meet again in the finals! 

Post#81 » by AussieBuck » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:38 pm

LUKE23 wrote:
Max Green wrote:We have our best record to start the season through 20 games in 7 years and some are diminishing it on purpose or not by talking about how bad the East is while overrating the West. The top 6 teams in the West are good, but the rest are average to slightly above average teams. A .500 record gets you the 8th seed in the West right now...

Denver
Portland
Lakers
Phoenix
Sacramento
New Orleans
Dallas

All have below .500 records against the East. The Mavs are currently .500 against the East.

I'm looking at more the talent of the rosters. The 12th seed in the West right now contains Kobe Bryant, Pau Gasol, and Dwight Howard. The 12th seed in the East is the Detroit Pistons. A team like Portland starts Lillard/Matthews/Batum/Aldridge and would make the playoffs in the East. Denver is the 9th seed and they start Lawson/Iggy/Gallinari/Faried.

Basically, the top of the West is much stronger (homecourt seeds) and it's much deeper with talent throughout the top 12 teams. Atlanta, who was building for next offseason this summer, is the current #3 seed in the East. Where does Atlanta finish in the West by the time we look at everything at seasons end? 7th or 8th?

Portland are rubbish outside of 4 players. They wouldn't sniff the playoffs.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
SupremeHustle
RealGM
And1: 28,319

Post#82 » by SupremeHustle » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:07 pm

DocHoliday wrote:
2013 NBA ALL-STAR BALLOTING PRESENTED BY SPRINT EASTERN CONFERENCE
Frontcourt: LeBron James (Mia) 641,348; Carmelo Anthony (NYK) 573,112; Kevin Garnett (Bos) 218,246; Chris Bosh (Mia) 210,724; Tyson Chandler (NYK) 151,744; Paul Pierce (Bos) 114,735; Joakim Noah (Chi) 73,366; Josh Smith (Atl) 69,344; Andrew Bynum (Phi) 68,596; Amar'e Stoudemire (NYK) 64,266; Shane Battier (Mia) 59,419; Anderson Varejao (Cle) 57,336; Luol Deng (Chi) 48,450; Brook Lopez (BKN) 47,940; Jeff Green (Bos) 36,080.

Backcourt: Dwyane Wade (Mia) 430,925; Rajon Rondo (Bos) 382,613; Deron Williams (BKN) 211,426; Kyrie Irving (Cle) 155,989; Ray Allen (Mia) 130,016; Monta Ellis (Mil) 47,650; Raymond Felton (NYK) 37,974; Jason Terry (Bos) 36,147; Brandon Jennings (Mil) 35,610; Jrue Holiday (Phi) 35,193.

2013 NBA ALL-STAR BALLOTING PRESENTED BY SPRINT WESTERN CONFERENCE
Frontcourt: Kevin Durant (OKC) 605,965; Dwight Howard (LAL) 434,168; Blake Griffin (LAC) 307,855; Tim Duncan (SA) 189,577; Pau Gasol (LAL) 139,868; Kevin Love (Min) 112,922; Omer Asik (Hou) 88,178; Rudy Gay (Mem) 85,279; Serge Ibaka (OKC) 68,285; LaMarcus Aldridge (Por) 66,290; Dirk Nowitzki (Dal) 63,056; Marc Gasol (Mem) 61,716; Zach Randolph (Mem) 59,916; Metta World Peace (LAL) 59,167; Anthony Davis (NO) 53,779.

Backcourt: Kobe Bryant (LAL) 639,419; Chris Paul (LAC) 353,603; Jeremy Lin (Hou) 298,319; James Harden (Hou) 196,108; Russell Westbrook (OKC) 143,437; Steve Nash (LAL) 118,073; Tony Parker (SA) 69,983; Ricky Rubio (Min) 54,744; Manu Ginobili (SA) 47,800; O.J. Mayo (Dal) 36,495.

Jeff Green? lol

Come on, China. Step your game up. Let's make a mockery of this process!
jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
paul
RealGM
And1: 1,038

Post#83 » by paul » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:09 pm

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
coolhandluke121 wrote:
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:[quote="coolhandluke121"]The only fair way to compare East vs. West is probably interconference record, and that should probably wait until more games have been played in order to be representative.

id be more interested in the records of only the top 10 teams of each conference against each other.

That's hard to do, but I can tell you that the top 10 teams in the East are 48-37 against the entire West, while the top 10 teams in the West are 66-28 against the entire East.

ETA: It's possible, but pretty unlikely after this many games, that the top 10 West teams have simply benefitted from a scheduling quirk whereby they've drawn weak East teams more often than you'd expect.

just ran the numbers real quick. i threw out all games not against the bottom 5 in each league on both sides. totals from the top 10 vs the top 10.

knicks 3-3
miami 4-3
atl 4-3
chi 2-4
brk 1-4
bos 3-1
mil 0-3
phil 3-1
ind 1-6
orl 2-3

total was 23-31.... i guess 31-23 going the other way too. indy and us really hurt the cause.. wed be .500 east vs west without them figured in. i guess the positive out of it is that weve done a gd job with the other eastern conference top 10. weve gone 6-4 there so i guess 6-7 vs the top 20 in the league as it would be top 10 in each conference.[/quote]

So what you're saying is - I was right? Despite being a fan of a different team who only watches all the games and spends time on here to mock the Bucks because I've got that level of spare time? How about you go F yourself :D
paul
RealGM

Post#84 » by paul » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:11 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
you gotta remember some of these guys are warriors fans now. they stick around here to laugh and mock us when we do bad and minimize whatever success we have. you wont get a straight answer about anything without that bullsht agenda popping up from them. this east-west thing plays right in to that.

+1

Last year early in the season we blew the game to Sacramento. But plaudits still abounded back then for the acquisition of Sean Livingston and the fact Skiles was playing him. This year we win the game we needed to last night with Marquis Daniels contributing. Bucks and Skiles suck.

Someone posts complete garbage like that about a long time poster on the board and our mod agrees with it? Jesus Christ what hope have we got.
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 7,926

Post#85 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:23 pm

paul wrote:
So what you're saying is - I was right? Despite being a fan of a different team who only watches all the games and spends time on here to mock the Bucks because I've got that level of spare time? How about you go F yourself :D

i wasnt saying you were right at all bogut fan. my numbers dont prove anything one way or the other this early in the season..... they just back up the reality that things arent tilted dramatically. some numbers support your oft uttered pet theory and some that i posted clearly dont.

and im curious you would tell me to go fck myself and then question the mod for not protecting your antics :roll: bottom line is youre a complete troll on this board and have been for sometime. your as much a bucks fan as i am for the lakers. just go root for gs or wherever bogut is off to next and leave the rest of us alone.
giraldo5
Sixth Man
And1: 109

Post#86 » by giraldo5 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:35 am

Not that Paul needs any backup in this argument, but he's a very knowledgeable fan who is definitely not a troll. I value his input a hell of a lot more than most on here including yourself.

And no I'm not Australian
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 7,926

Post#87 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:08 am

giraldo5 wrote:Not that Paul needs any backup in this argument, but he's a very knowledgeable fan who is definitely not a troll. I value his input a hell of a lot more than most on here including yourself.

who said anything about knowledge? that doesnt have anything to do with trolling.

as far as input....are you refering to what gets posted here by sad paul or on the gs board where the happy paul posts?
paul
RealGM

Post#88 » by paul » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:38 am

giraldo5 wrote:Not that Paul needs any backup in this argument, but he's a very knowledgeable fan who is definitely not a troll. I value his input a hell of a lot more than most on here including yourself.

And no I'm not Australian

Hey appreciate that Giraldo, cheers. :D

My crime in this thread was to post that the West is much better than the East (which any moron can see) and that got me labeled a Golden State fan, troll, and told that I only stay around here to mock the true Bucks fans. That statement was then agreed with and backed up by our only actively posting forum mod. No one else who shared my opinion was labelled that way, but that's neither here nor there. Not that I give a crap what those guys think of me btw, it's just beyond annoying to constantly have your opinion dismissed because of where you are from or because you are a fan of a former player - like no one else on the forum is.

It happens pretty much once a day where my opinion on a topic is completely dismissed (not always initially by Press but he almost always agrees if he's not the initial poster and being our most active mod is the forums biggest opinion shaper) as that of a non-Bucks fan only here to further Bogut's interest - like I've got the time in my life with a business to run and young baby to look after to watch every Bucks game only to gain more trolling material lol.
I started out for the first few months after the trade railing against it and feeling like I needed to prove that I was a 'true' Bucks fan, but it didn't change anything and frankly I can no longer be f'd.
I had considered an epic post for the permanent banhammer lol but instead think I'll just fade quietly back into my life a Bucks fan in exile for a while, which is ironically what I was before finding this forum.
Sadly it seems like most of the other Bucks related forums pretty much suck, unless I'm missing any?
blkout
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,914

Post#89 » by blkout » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:52 am

Would like a conclusive list of all the Golden State fans please
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,429

Post#90 » by blazza18 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:56 am

I'm a fan of they way they're playing atm. Will be a bigger fan once Bogues comes back. Its hard not to like that team atm compared to what the Bucks are offering up.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
blkout
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,914

Post#91 » by blkout » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:59 am

JimmyTheKid wrote:
CanadaBucks wrote:Does it matter?.... ..............................

Nope. Not even a little bit. Going into the season, every single sane Bucks fan knew this team wasn't going to contend for a title. Nobody needs a reminder that this organization is swimming in mediocrity. Trying to figure out where the Bucks would finish in the West is just another way to crap on the team after a win. Just another way to push an agenda. Beat the Lakers? They're under .500. Beat the Bulls? No Rose. Beat the Hornets? The best player has a unibrow. Beat the Cavs? Irving was sick. Lose to the Bobcats? Trade Ersan and kill Monta Ellis. Beat the Kings? The Bucks would be the 17 seed in the West. And on... and on... and on...

There's agendas both ways. Remember people wanting to sign Jennings up for the rest of his life on a 500 million dollar deal after the second game of the season?
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,674

Post#92 » by AussieBuck » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:48 am

Do any of the guys who jumped ship post here at all? Kos and his new user name ( was he related to Bogut?) Brandonballer, Tasball, Totalpackage, LauryBeard?
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
JimmyTheKid
General Manager
And1: 5,099

Post#93 » by JimmyTheKid » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:59 pm

blkout wrote:
JimmyTheKid wrote:
CanadaBucks wrote:Does it matter?.... ..............................

Nope. Not even a little bit. Going into the season, every single sane Bucks fan knew this team wasn't going to contend for a title. Nobody needs a reminder that this organization is swimming in mediocrity. Trying to figure out where the Bucks would finish in the West is just another way to crap on the team after a win. Just another way to push an agenda. Beat the Lakers? They're under .500. Beat the Bulls? No Rose. Beat the Hornets? The best player has a unibrow. Beat the Cavs? Irving was sick. Lose to the Bobcats? Trade Ersan and kill Monta Ellis. Beat the Kings? The Bucks would be the 17 seed in the West. And on... and on... and on...

There's agendas both ways. Remember people wanting to sign Jennings up for the rest of his life on a 500 million dollar deal after the second game of the season?

Nope. Anyway, how would that be considered an "agenda?" There are a lot of people who like Brandon Jennings' game. Myself included. I'm not trying to break the bank for him but he deserves a contract much like the one Jrue Holiday just received.

Here's an example of an "agenda" related to Brandon Jennings. Say Jennings started to turn the ball over at a high rate, shot 60% from the FT line, dogged it on defense, and carried himself like those games after he didn't make the All-Star team. I wouldn't simply put it out of my mind like it never happened. It would be disappointing, because I'm a fan. But if I had a "Brandon Jennings can do no wrong" agenda, I'd attempt to twist the truth and blame his deficiencies on someone or something else.

Same goes for Ersan. I was one of the folks who wanted to pay him. Thought he got a fair deal. Was happy to see him back on the Bucks. Well, he was pretty much terrible for the first 15 games of the season. I admitted he was terrible instead of attempting to twist the truth due to some "see, I told you we should have paid Ersan" agenda. However, I also wasn't about to make any sort of final verdicts about the signing based on a 15 game sample size.

Now, regarding Monta Ellis, some folks are so angry about the Bogut trade they can't look at anything objectively. If one were to stumble upon this forum without ever watching basketball, they might conclude that Monta Ellis is one of the worst players in the NBA. The "agenda" comes into play when people only want to see and discuss the bad in Monta Ellis. They can't allow themselves to see the good. Because of the agenda. Similar to the anti-Jennings contingent. Only see the bad. I see Jennings as arguably a top-10 NBA point guard. And, without a shred of doubt, no lower than a top-15. Some here don't even see Jennings as a starter. Because of some ridiculous agenda. Its ok to be wrong about something. Admitting it and moving on seem to be the tough part.
Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,722

Post#94 » by Ayt » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:47 pm

You don't need to have an "agenda" to think Monta sucks at basketball. I'm appalled he's on my team playing major minutes. I can't stand his game.
coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,834

Post#95 » by coolhandluke121 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:07 pm

I don't always get along with paul and AB but there's really no question that this place is a lot better with them here than without.

I was right when I started saying they should trade Bogut 5 years ago though. I think we can all agree on that at this point. 8-)
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
CanadaBucks
Assistant Coach
And1: 314

Post#96 » by CanadaBucks » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:11 pm

Ayt wrote:You don't need to have an "agenda" to think Monta sucks at basketball. I'm appalled he's on my team playing major minutes. I can't stand his game.

But to say he sucks at basketball is factually incorrect. He would get minutes with any team in the NBA. But you certainly don't have to like him, his game or like him being on your team.
JimmyTheKid
General Manager
And1: 5,099

Post#97 » by JimmyTheKid » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:31 pm

CanadaBucks wrote:
Ayt wrote:You don't need to have an "agenda" to think Monta sucks at basketball. I'm appalled he's on my team playing major minutes. I can't stand his game.

But to say he sucks at basketball is factually incorrect. He would get minutes with any team in the NBA. But you certainly don't have to like him, his game or like him being on your team.

Right.

I'd much rather have more of a traditional SG, too, but I haven't been intrigued with any of the names thrown out there by this board. Sure, give me DWade, Klay Thompson, or Kobe, but I'll pass on guys like Redick, Burks, or Affalo.
Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,722

Post#98 » by Ayt » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:36 pm

CanadaBucks wrote:

I think he's a negative on both ends of the court, so, yes, I'd say it is factually correct. He's the Drew Gooden of SGs. Our SG depth is absolutely atrocious, so we pretty much have to play him, but if we had even average players I wouldn't really want him to play at all.
CanadaBucks
Assistant Coach

Post#99 » by CanadaBucks » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:40 pm

I like Burks as a developmental guy, Redick as a guy off the bench(neither would replace Monta effectively imo) but not sure if I'd want to pay Afflalo what's left on his contract . I just find it absurd that people think replacing Monta with Lamb would make us a better team.
CanadaBucks
Assistant Coach

Post#100 » by CanadaBucks » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:46 pm

Ayt wrote:
CanadaBucks wrote:

I think he's a negative on both ends of the court, so, yes, I'd say it is factually correct. He's the Drew Gooden of SGs. Our SG depth is absolutely atrocious, so we pretty much have to play him, but if we had even average players I wouldn't really want him to play at all.

The point is that thinking something doesn't make it correct, it's just opinion.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks