The OFFICIAL Rookie impressions thread pt. II

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Kembastockton
Hornets Forum Mock Draft Co-Champ
And1: 56

Re: The OFFICIAL Rookie impressions thread pt. II 

Post#361 » by Kembastockton » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:34 pm

Blkbrd671 wrote:
Kaner wrote:Uhh... so "starts producing" = has huge amazing games and top 10 plays in your eyes? GTFO, if you've actually seen MKG play at all, which it sounds like you haven't, you wouldn't make that statement.

More like i haven't seen Charlotte fans come and rape this board like Detroit and Blazer fans have, but when MKG has a huge amazing game, i'm sure they'll show up. Which was the initial post. So calm your t*s

what i should have said was

and/or

some one dare say anything negative about a char player

ESPN add after the Dallas Victory

Young Kidd-gilchrist Reminds Us Of Someone

From Elias: Rookie forward Michael Kidd-Gilchrist scored 25 points and pulled down 12 rebounds for the Bobcats as they defeated the Mavericks in overtime. Kidd-Gilchrist turned 19 less than two months ago. Only one NBA player ever reached those levels of points and rebounds in a game at a younger age: LeBron James did it in 2003 while he was still only 18 years old.
9abovetherim
Banned User
And1: 73

Post#362 » by 9abovetherim » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:38 pm

ElectricMayhem wrote:LeBron on Draymond Green

''He played hard, it was great competition out there between me and him,'' James said. ''I've also respected him especially in college, a big-time player and no one really gave him a shot, but you can tell he knows how to play the game.
''Any team that got him he will find a way to get minutes because he knows how to play the game and (Golden State) is a good fit for him. It was good to see him out there.''

Draymond a class act and a great guy for any nba team. Will be on a roster for at least a decade.
B-easy
Sixth Man
And1: 488

Post#363 » by B-easy » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:18 am

Lillard is someone who doesn't do anything at an elite level but does everything well. Really solid player.
jmcfaul13
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#364 » by jmcfaul13 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:00 am

B-easy wrote:Lillard is someone who doesn't do anything at an elite level but does everything well. Really solid player.

He is an elite shooter. Probably the 2nd/3rd best at his position after Steph Curry/Steve Nash.
Goldbum
Analyst
And1: 537

Post#365 » by Goldbum » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:07 am

Poise is a talent in itself. Lillard has shown an incredible amount as a rookie. His game is sharp and focused. I can't say who will be the best player in this class in 10 years but PDX definitely made the right choice for the Blazers right now.
From Portland to Reno to Vegas to LA to SLC and on to HotLanta. Winning at life. Too Blessed to be Stressed
RnB
Junior
And1: 180

Post#366 » by RnB » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:30 am

jmcfaul13 wrote:
B-easy wrote:Lillard is someone who doesn't do anything at an elite level but does everything well. Really solid player.

He is an elite shooter. Probably the 2nd/3rd best at his position after Steph Curry/Steve Nash.

Kyrie says hi. 46/40/85 in his rook season and 46/40/80 in a Injury started year.
In Griffin We Trust
sir G Wallace
Banned User
And1: 73

Post#367 » by sir G Wallace » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:37 am

RnB wrote:
jmcfaul13 wrote:

Kyrie says hi. 46/40/85 in his rook season and 46/40/80 in a Injury started year.

Say Hi back to him for me.
ComboGuardCity
RealGM
And1: 4,544

Post#368 » by ComboGuardCity » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:01 am

Lillard isn't even a top 5 shooter at the PG position.

1. Nash
2. Curry
3. Conley
4. Knight
5. Foye
6. Felton
7. Irving
8. Calderon
9. Kidd

Excluding the GOAT PG Shooter of all time Nash who has been out from injury, all the other guys have been better percentage jump shooters than Lillard this year. Can't even use the sample size argument because it applies Lillard as well.
Ziggy Stardust
Banned User
And1: 96

Post#369 » by Ziggy Stardust » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:04 am

I'm not gonna go as far as to say that Drummond is gonna be the goat center. Top 5 is a safer bet.
Effigy
RealGM
And1: 11,931

Post#370 » by Effigy » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:05 am

ComboGuardCity wrote:Lillard isn't even a top 5 shooter at the PG position.

1. Nash
2. Curry
3. Conley
4. Knight
5. Foye
6. Felton
7. Irving
8. Calderon
9. Kidd

Excluding the GOAT PG Shooter of all time Nash who has been out from injury, all the other guys have been better percentage jump shooters than Lillard this year. Can't even use the sample size argument because it applies Lillard as well.

Okay, but now cross out all the guys who aren't rookies.
Effigy
RealGM
And1: 11,931

Post#371 » by Effigy » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:05 am

I'm suck in a time machine. I swear six years ago that was exactly what was being said about the Blazers' last Rookie of the Year candidate...
EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,198

Post#372 » by EvanZ » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:16 am

1. Nash
2. Curry
3. Conley
4. Knight
5. Foye
6. Felton
7. Irving
8. Calderon
9. Kidd

Uh, you're kind of forgetting someone pretty good. :o
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
jmcfaul13
Sophomore

Post#373 » by jmcfaul13 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:23 am

1. Nash
2. Curry
3. Conley
4. Knight
5. Foye
6. Felton
7. Irving
8. Calderon
9. Kidd

Is this serious? Do you really believe conley, foye, felton, and kidd are better shooters than lillard?
EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,198

Post#374 » by EvanZ » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:40 am

And all those guys are apparently better than Chris Paul. :o
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
Bskey
Veteran
And1: 144

Post#375 » by Bskey » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:45 am

I think people need to clarify whether they are talking about shooting or FG%.
jmcfaul13
Sophomore

Post#376 » by jmcfaul13 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:03 am

Bskey wrote:I think people need to clarify whether they are talking about shooting or FG%.

We are talking about shooting ability, which takes into account alot more than FG%.
LOOSH
Rookie
And1: 53

Post#377 » by LOOSH » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:26 am

Raymond Felton is a better pure shooter than Lillard? LMFAO
Bskey
Veteran
And1: 144

Post#378 » by Bskey » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:47 am

jmcfaul13 wrote:
Bskey wrote:I think people need to clarify whether they are talking about shooting or FG%.

We are talking about shooting ability, which takes into account alot more than FG%.

Yes, I know. That's why I'm asking. There were some guys listed that are not better shooters than Lillard, which leaves me to assume they must be going by FG% alone. That's why I said people need to clarify.
T-Will20
Freshman
And1: 2

Post#379 » by T-Will20 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:08 pm

1. Nash
2. Curry
3. Conley
4. Knight
5. Foye
6. Felton
7. Irving
8. Calderon
9. Kidd

You must be r*tarded if you think Conley, Knight, Foye, Felton and Kidd are better shooters...and your only argument is percentage, stop it.
And we aren't talking about 3's only, but mid-range as well. Conley, Foye, Felton and Kidd can't shoot from 16-23 feet, they can't create shot for himself and Foye isn't even PG lol.

If all your 12138 posts are stupid like that one, I feel sorry for people who read this.
ComboGuardCity
RealGM
And1: 4,544

Post#380 » by ComboGuardCity » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:14 pm

T-Will20 wrote:

1. Nash
2. Curry
3. Conley
4. Knight
5. Foye
6. Felton
7. Irving
8. Calderon
9. Kidd

You must be r*tarded if you think Conley, Knight, Foye, Felton and Kidd are better shooters...and your only argument is percentage, stop it.
And we aren't talking about 3's only, but mid-range as well. Conley, Foye, Felton and Kidd can't shoot from 16-23 feet, they can't create shot for himself and Foye isn't even PG lol.

If all your 12138 posts are stupid like that one, I feel sorry for people who read this.

Shooting has nothing to do with creating your own shot. I'm talking about pure shooters here. All those players that I listed shoot a better weighted percentage of combined 3pt% and long 2 (16-23ft) this season.

BTW Is this the same dude from Downey, CA

:rofl:

Return to The General Board