ImageImageImageImageImage

Wall out 8 weeks with injury to patella

Moderators: nate33, montestewart, LyricalRico

MJG
Assistant Coach
And1: 151

Re: Wall out 8 weeks with injury to patella 

Post#401 » by MJG » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:46 pm

Halcyon wrote:Definitely #2 first, then the next time something like this comes up after the 2-3 weeks....#3.

Yes, this exactly.
jivelikenice
Analyst
And1: 145

Post#402 » by jivelikenice » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:49 pm

I expect #2. He'll be allowed to do more on the court work and non contact drills. He'll go back to be re-checked after 10-14 days with the hope to be cleared for full practice. After a full week of practices, his first game back will be Friday January 4th at home versus Brooklyn (i have tix to that game;)
MikeTheKid
Head Coach
And1: 4,213

Post#403 » by MikeTheKid » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:52 pm

Im taking option 3, this injury seems to be screwed up from the get go hes done for the year
Higga
Lead Assistant
And1: 831

Post#404 » by Higga » Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:38 pm

He's done for the year. Knew it when I first heard he got hurt, sticking with it.

Just contract this god damn franchise, or move them to Seattle.
Eric Maynor is the worst basketball player I've ever seen.
Zonkerbl
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,152

Post#405 » by Zonkerbl » Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:46 pm

I've been taught all my life to value service to the weak and powerless.
MOrgil
Analyst
And1: 71

Post#406 » by MOrgil » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:12 pm

F*ck this organization, I'm finally starting to get sick of them this season...
Earth2Ted
Junior
And1: 58

Post#407 » by Earth2Ted » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:18 pm

Mike Lee's latest ray of sunshine has the ortho guy who fixed RG3's ACL (former Redskin and Harvard med grad BTW) predicting the worst for Wall- he makes the obvious point that if resting it for 3 months doesn't heal it, then you're in trouble. And that Wall isn't even doing his little pregame shootarounds with Cassell anymore.

I think anything other than an announcement today or next week of "surgery- out for the year" would be a surprise at this point.

What a freaking disaster.
jivelikenice
Analyst
And1: 145

Post#408 » by jivelikenice » Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:49 pm

Not that I want him to be out for the year, but if he is and the injury is something that you can make a full recovery from, wouldn't the appease those who want the "tank". I also wonderwhat the consequences would be for the vets on the roster. Do they become more open to shopping Nene, Okafor, and Ariza? No point in waiting to see how the pieces fit with John if he won't be back.

Surery is not a good thing, but it would pretty much guaranty they pick in the top 4 and would go into salary dump mode. You come back next season then with Wall/ Beal/ a top 4 pick (or trade)....and hopefully some cap flexibility again.
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,961

Post#409 » by FAH1223 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:53 pm

he's done for the season, i'd bet something of value on that!
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,701

Post#410 » by montestewart » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:11 pm

To me, the saddest thing about this, if Wall's injury is career altering, is that he will continue to be used as a prop by Leonsis (and EG if he's still around) either to try and entice fans into the arena with false hope, or to blame all team shortcomings on Wall's unexpected absence. I could even see Leonsis resigning him and continue to blah blah blah about injuries and what a tough loss Wall is, still completely avoiding the subject of other glaring team issues.
Tyrone Messby
Bench Warmer
And1: 412

Post#411 » by Tyrone Messby » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:19 pm

I mean, if he's out for the year...we all saw this coming. This medical staff is clueless, this whole organization is clueless. At this point, it might be best to just relocate this franchise. It's cursed combined with incompetent management. It would rid us of so much frustration. Getting so close to the breaking point.
wasfan
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#412 » by wasfan » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:21 pm

DCZards wrote:
Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:Perhaps. Or perhaps his knee explodes and he never gets a jump shot. He's had two seasons, not one to show hate he is made of. Last season he made 3 threes the entire season.

ccj, you always seem to want to point to Wall's shortcomings, especially his terrible 3 pt shooting. But what about the impressive assist numbers he's put up despite playing wiht a bunch of mediocre shooters? What about the fact that he's a big, fast and strong guard who can get to the rim and the free throw line? What about the fact that he has the potential to be one of the best shotblocking/rebounding PGs of his generation? What about his superior athleticism and his potential to be an outstanding defender?

I realize Wall's shooting is still a major issue, but I'm not willing to throw in the towel on that aspect of his game.

i don't think it's wise to bank on 'potential' for someone nearing the end of their rookie contract and hurt...

i agree that wall can get to the rim, but he's one of thg most overrated that i've seen in terms of finishing those drives... i pretty much expect him to have to shoot 2 free throws instead of having a chance for and one... and he's not that great of a ft shooter...
Jay81
Starter
And1: 473

Post#413 » by Jay81 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:33 pm

I am all about relocating this team and just getting a new team.
wasfan
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#414 » by wasfan » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:37 pm

i'm also waiting for the diagnosis that john wall just got the eddie curry syndrome that is currently shared by andrew bynum.... the only hope for these players is a trade to phoenix... the land of reincarnation, regeneration, and career resurrection a la grant hill and steve nash. notice how once nash got traded to the lakers he got hurt? that training/medical staff for the suns is just amazing....
GhostsOfGil
General Manager
And1: 899

Post#415 » by GhostsOfGil » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:49 pm

BREAKING: Wall to begin “ramping up his activity level”

http://www.nba.com/wizards/news/wizards-injury-update

WASHINGTON, D.C. – The following is a statement from Dr. David Altchek on the stress injury to John Wall.

“John’s examination today showed improvement in his stress injury that will allow him to begin ramping up his activity level. There is still some irritation in the knee which we have treated over his last several visits with a series of three lubricating Synvisc injections, the last of which was given today. He will continue to be evaluated on an ongoing basis.”

Wall has missed the first 19 games of the 2012-13 season with the stress injury in his left knee. In two seasons with the Wizards, he has appeared in 135 games, averaging 16.3 points, 8.2 assists and 4.6 rebounds in 37.0 minutes per contest.

Trevor Booker, who has missed the last 10 games after straining his right knee on Nov. 19 vs. Indiana, was also evaluated in New York by Altchek on Friday. Booker will be scheduled for a PRP shot and will remain out indefinitely as he continues his rehab process. He has averaged 6.8 points and 5.6 rebounds in nine games this season.

Pretty vague statement if you ask me.. but I guess this is good news considering what we were expecting.
Zonkerbl
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,152

Post#416 » by Zonkerbl » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:51 pm

wewt!
I've been taught all my life to value service to the weak and powerless.
MJG
Assistant Coach
And1: 151

Post#417 » by MJG » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:55 pm

GhostsOfGil wrote:Pretty vague statement if you ask me.. but I guess this is good news considering what we were expecting.

It's a trap.
GhostsOfGil
General Manager
And1: 899

Post#418 » by GhostsOfGil » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:57 pm

MJG wrote:
GhostsOfGil wrote:Pretty vague statement if you ask me.. but I guess this is good news considering what we were expecting.

It's a trap.

sashae
Bench Warmer
And1: 94

Post#419 » by sashae » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:13 pm

Synvisc-One® (hylan G-F 20) and SYNVISC® (hylan G-F 20) are indicated for the treatment of pain in osteoarthritis (OA) of the knee in patients who have failed to respond adequately to conservative non-pharmacologic therapy and simple analgesics, e.g., acetaminophen.

Before trying Synvisc-One or SYNVISC, tell your doctor if you are allergic to products from birds — such as feathers, eggs or poultry — or if your leg is swollen or infected. Synvisc-One and SYNVISC are only for injection into the knee, performed by a doctor or other qualified health care professional. Synvisc-One and SYNVISC have not been tested to show pain relief in joints other than the knee. Talk to your doctor before resuming strenuous weight-bearing activities after treatment.
ernie grunfeld: the perpetual dumpster fire of general management
sashae
Bench Warmer
And1: 94

Post#420 » by sashae » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:14 pm

This is a treatment for ARTHRITIC CONDITIONS OF THE KNEE. Is anyone else bothered by this?!?
ernie grunfeld: the perpetual dumpster fire of general management

Return to Washington Wizards