Original Idea: NYK/LAL

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,834

Original Idea: NYK/LAL 

Post#1 » by nykballa2k4 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:33 pm

/green font, I am sure this is a weekly thread on this board buttttt

TO LAKERS:
Pablo Prigioni, Chris Copeland, Amare Stoudemire, Tyson Chandler

TO KNICKS
Dwight Howard, Ron Artest, Steve Blake, Jordan Hill

Why Lakers say yes?
Lakers biggest issues is currently defense. Tyson Chandler masked MDA in NY and can do it again in LA. Amare is a popular figure in these deals because he has a good relationship with MDA and Nash. Prigioni also gives LA a point guard that can run a SSOL offense, or whatever variation they are going to run. Also Pau moves to center for a longer portion of the game, which helps LA on many levels.

Why Knicks say yes?
Knicks are cap-conscious. Chandler/Amare combine for about 33 million/yearly for the next 3 years. Amare is a questionable fit next to Melo/Chandler. Knicks also get a player Melo's age who can basically be the "shaq/kobe" of this generation. Plenty of pieces to fit around these two to make it a great situation.

Yes, more of a video-game trade than a reality trade, but still thought it would be fun to mention.
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
What do you think about @kporzee? Karl-Anthony Towns: PorzinGOD does not care or need my opinion for he is a higher life form then all of us.
Trader_Joe
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,948

Re: Original Idea: NYK/LAL 

Post#2 » by Trader_Joe » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:39 pm

Knicks are cap conscious?

And simply put:
Lakers are not trading Dwight.
Mikhail Prokhorov wrote:My posse usually needs another vacation after a vacation with me.
yitur
Sixth Man
And1: 859

Post#3 » by yitur » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:49 pm

This is great for Knicks and terrible for Lakers
Doormatt
RealGM
And1: 2,013

Post#4 » by Doormatt » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:55 pm

nykballa2k4 wrote:
Why Lakers say yes?
Lakers biggest issues is currently defense. Tyson Chandler masked MDA in NY and can do it again in LA.

you might be confused because the knicks defense is actually not good. its almost as bad as the lakers. knicks are 16th (105.1) and the lakers are 18th (105.8)

and this trade is terrible. really really awful. amare has neutral value at best, probably negative considering the injury, and you want the lakers to trade dwight for that and tyson chandler? lol

not to mention as trader joe said, the lakers are not trading dwight howard.
#doorgek
ak7
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,383

Post#5 » by ak7 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:44 pm

The Lakers are not trading Dwight. Stop wasting the 15-20 minutes of your life thinking these up, and direct your efforts elsewhere.
nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,834

Post#6 » by nykballa2k4 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:51 pm

LakeShowAK7 wrote:The Lakers are not trading Dwight. Stop wasting the 15-20 minutes of your life thinking these up, and direct your efforts elsewhere.

This is more of a reaction to the influx of Pau for Amare trades.

Honestly, I don't think Knicks fans by in large would want this particular deal to go down. Knicks are winning and it is largely due to Tyson and Kidd's experience/leadership.

Also I really am not concerned about the Knicks defense. We have had quite a few blow out games, and our 3rd string isn't exactly a stopper-squad. chandler is finally healthy meaning we won't be destroyed on the glass, also Woody has started using more size to get more boards. Those are defensive adjustments.
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
What do you think about @kporzee? Karl-Anthony Towns: PorzinGOD does not care or need my opinion for he is a higher life form then all of us.
Doormatt
RealGM
And1: 2,013

Post#7 » by Doormatt » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:03 pm

the pau for amare trades are equally terrible, the lakers dont want amare.

also i find it pretty hilarious that knicks fans wouldnt trade tyson chandler and an injured amare for dwight howard.

please dont try to act like this isnt horrible for the lakers and amazing for the knicks. thanks.
#doorgek
CGYballer
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#8 » by CGYballer » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:04 pm

Great trade for NY I don't think it is the worst return for LA but completely understand they would never want to do that deal and could get more for D12 if they shop him.
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,346

Post#9 » by Texas Chuck » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:04 pm

I think the Knicks would be crazy to trade Tyson for Dwight. Tyson and Kidd have completely changed that culture into a winning one and their presence allows Melo the luxury to do what he do. Dwight's immaturity on and off the court would be a major disruption to what they are doing.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Kobe System
Lead Assistant
And1: 449

Post#10 » by Kobe System » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:38 am

nykballa2k4 wrote:/green font, I am sure this is a weekly thread on this board buttttt

TO LAKERS:
Pablo Prigioni, Chris Copeland, Amare Stoudemire, Tyson Chandler

TO KNICKS
Dwight Howard, Ron Artest, Steve Blake, Jordan Hill

Why Lakers say yes?
Lakers biggest issues is currently defense. Tyson Chandler masked MDA in NY and can do it again in LA. Amare is a popular figure in these deals because he has a good relationship with MDA and Nash. Prigioni also gives LA a point guard that can run a SSOL offense, or whatever variation they are going to run. Also Pau moves to center for a longer portion of the game, which helps LA on many levels.

So we trade Dwight for Chandler? :lol: Dwight is like Chandler on roids.
And we take Amare's horrible contract as well?
Easy no for LA.
Kobe System
Lead Assistant
And1: 449

Post#11 » by Kobe System » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:41 am

Texas Chuck wrote:I think the Knicks would be crazy to trade Tyson for Dwight. Tyson and Kidd have completely changed that culture into a winning one and their presence allows Melo the luxury to do what he do. Dwight's immaturity on and off the court would be a major disruption to what they are doing.

LOL what? :lol:
Cashin out
Banned User
And1: 12

Post#12 » by Cashin out » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:43 am

Texas Chuck wrote:I think the Knicks would be crazy to trade Tyson for Dwight. Tyson and Kidd have completely changed that culture into a winning one and their presence allows Melo the luxury to do what he do. Dwight's immaturity on and off the court would be a major disruption to what they are doing.
lol NY would send Tyson Chandler(30) packing in a heartbeat if they could get Dwight(27).

Return to Trades and Transactions