ImageImageImageImageImage

Which draft do you want?

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

bonjovi0308
Veteran
And1: 887

Which draft do you want? 

Post#1 » by bonjovi0308 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:07 am

As everyone knows, BC's reckless move has made the organization's back against the corner by trading our 1st round pick. If we managed to keep our pick in 2013, I don't think there is much chance we could keep ours in 2014(becoz its even less proteced). So if we can either have a top 3 pick in 2013 (a supposed to be weak draft), or a pick between 5-8 in 2014 based on assumption(supposed to be a strong draft, but who knows), which one you want (that is the best for the organization)?

I have been thinking this question for a long time, and I'm inclined going for top 3 in 2013. Because next season there is no guarantee we could tank well to get a very high pick. There aren't many Paul Pierce available at pick 10.

Honestly the losing record doesn't really frustrated me. What is depressing is we don't have a 1st round pick to make up for the losing record!! In fact this Lowry trade is even much worse than the J'Oneal trade, because at at pick 17 Roy Hibbert was still available you can say tough luck. But at top 5 you could potentially losing a franchise player that this organization sorely lacks!
Left Side Drive
Head Coach
And1: 4,143

Re: Which draft do you want? 

Post#2 » by Left Side Drive » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:09 am

NBA Draft 3030
Looking for a new signature. Currently, still evaluating.
ballislife
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,005

Post#3 » by ballislife » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:20 am

Left Side Drive wrote:NBA Draft 3030

Think the NBA will still be relevant at that time? Or will there be some new sports that take over?
KnickerBonkerz
Analyst
And1: 1,903

Post#4 » by KnickerBonkerz » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:18 am

I don't expect us to be a winning team next season either, I expect a new GM who is either A. Smart enough to know we need to tank or B. Too stupid to build a good team. Either way we'll be horrible. This year's draft isn't worth it.
Dr Octagon
RealGM
And1: 54,612

Post#5 » by Dr Octagon » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:19 am

Tank for Wiggins.
Waylon Mercy
Banned User
And1: 6,644

Post#6 » by Waylon Mercy » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:21 am

2014....Jabari Parker is a nice consolation prize to Wiggins this upcoming draft is WEAK
Chaos Engine
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,244

Post#7 » by Chaos Engine » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:24 am

Wiggins, Shabazz ain't worth tanking for.
PdiC
Senior
And1: 395

Post#8 » by PdiC » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:15 pm

ballislife wrote:
Left Side Drive wrote:NBA Draft 3030

Think the NBA will still be relevant at that time? Or will there be some new sports that take over?

3030 Moonball Association - The New Toronto Raptors off to a slow start with a 4-20 record. GM Brian Colangelo clone number 42 stated that " We just finished uploading the brain of forward Andrea Bargnani into a new cyborg body. The talent level is there, we just need to tweak the focus module".
"Easy woman. Easy. Don't make Leo slap you around again. Don't make Leo lay another beating on you. Don't make me call my friend Kobe". It was nice to know that I had not only Leo Rautin's back on this one, but also Kobe Bryant's.
Meursault
Starter
And1: 1,037

Post#9 » by Meursault » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:21 pm

i don't know if it's just the constant years of hopelessness that are bearing down on me, but i don't even care if the Raptors contend for championships anymore.

i just want 2 or 3 good players on the team. charismatic, talented guys with upside and strong work ethic. something to make this team worth watching. other than Valanciunas [and maybe Ed Davis], i have no interest in watching anyone else on this team and develop into marquee players

how sad is that - i no longer care about or hope for a winning team. i just want to follow a few good players with winning attitudes that will reach their potential, whether they stick around long-term or not.
TheGoodDoctor
General Manager
And1: 8,607

Post#10 » by TheGoodDoctor » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:26 pm

Scenario #1 - Top 3 pick (one of Shabazz, Nerlens or Goodwin)

OR

Scenario #2 - OUTSIDE of the top 5+ (so no Wiggins or Parker)

Is what's being proposed....

For the most part I lean towards Scenario #1 because personally I believe that Shabazz or Nerlens will end up better than most players outside of the top 5 of next year's draft but it's really impossible to answer until we see who slips outside of the top 5 next year. It's highly unlikely that Wiggins or Parker fall that far pending a big injury but I feel like Harrison has a serious chance to be a stud and may be outside the top 5.

Most draft's that have been labelled as "stacked" tend to be overhyped and most labelled as "weak" are also downplayed in the same breathe. Personally I'm leaning towards the first scenario but again it's tough to say without seeing which player falls in the 2014 draft; I really don't think most players outside of the top 5 of the 2014 will be better than the top 3 of the 2013.
SFour
RealGM
And1: 58,331

Post#11 » by SFour » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:28 pm

Meursault wrote:i don't know if it's just the constant years of hopelessness that are bearing down on me, but i don't even care if the Raptors contend for championships anymore.

i just want 2 or 3 good players on the team. charismatic, talented guys with upside and strong work ethic. something to make this team worth watching. other than Valanciunas [and maybe Ed Davis], i have no interest in watching anyone else on this team and develop into marquee players

how sad is that - i no longer care about or hope for a winning team. i just want to follow a few good players with winning attitudes that will reach their potential, whether they stick around long-term or not.

Basically, you just want the Raptors to turn on the treadmill. Because at this point it's not even plugged in. I too don't care about the Raps winning a chip, but I want them to be a playoff team, I want to see the sea of red again.
Man of Steel
Lead Assistant
And1: 548

Post#12 » by Man of Steel » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:32 pm

If you're going to tank for someone, it should be a lebron, kd, rose, howard type game changer.

IMO Shabazz will be closer to the level of a Harden. Still a very talented player (and easily the best on this team if he comes here), but probably not worth tanking for. Having said that, we've had an abysmally poor start, and I can't see us having anything like this season next year.

Think about it, just four more months of the same crap we've seen so far in 2012-13, and we could be moving forward with two very promising talents in Valanciunas and Shabazz, along with a solid group of roleplayers in DeMar, Ed Davis, and Kyle Lowry. The likelihood of us coming out of this draft with Shabazz is extremely low, and outside of him there looks like precious little to be wanted from this years crop.

Alternatively, we don't tank, miss out on our pick this year, and still don't make the playoffs, resulting in a complete waste of a season (and BC probably getting canned). THEN this team would have to tank another whole season, and pray that we get Wiggins or Jabari on a platter. Granted there seems to be two blue chip prospects in the next draft vs possibly one in this draft, but this team would be sucking for another two years just to accomplish that.
HALA MADRID || GO LEAFS GO || LET'S GO RAPTORS
Meursault
Starter

Post#13 » by Meursault » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:35 pm

i would give up sex until June 2014 if it meant that the Raptors could land Wiggins.

that's how badly i want this team to have a sniff at success. wonder if anyone can top my pledge
saham
Rookie
And1: 47

Post#14 » by saham » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:44 pm

bonjovi0308 wrote:As everyone knows, BC's reckless move has made the organization's back against the corner by trading our 1st round pick. If we managed to keep our pick in 2013, I don't think there is much chance we could keep ours in 2014(becoz its even less proteced). So if we can either have a top 3 pick in 2013 (a supposed to be weak draft), or a pick between 5-8 in 2014 based on assumption(supposed to be a strong draft, but who knows), which one you want (that is the best for the organization)?

I have been thinking this question for a long time, and I'm inclined going for top 3 in 2013. Because next season there is no guarantee we could tank well to get a very high pick. There aren't many Paul Pierce available at pick 10.

Honestly the losing record doesn't really frustrated me. What is depressing is we don't have a 1st round pick to make up for the losing record!! In fact this Lowry trade is even much worse than the J'Oneal trade, because at at pick 17 Roy Hibbert was still available you can say tough luck. But at top 5 you could potentially losing a franchise player that this organization sorely lacks!

You can't go wrong with Shabazz or Wiggins, I would prefer Wiggins over Shabazz. But looking at our record and lack of talent, I believe we have a better chance at landing Shabazz than Wiggins.
Pchu
Lead Assistant
And1: 230

Post#15 » by Pchu » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:46 pm

Cody Zeller FTW!

Now, I will go and vomit somewhere...
The Duke
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,120

Post#16 » by The Duke » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:51 pm

I would choose getting a top 3 pick in 2013.

plus

the possibility of still getting Wiggins next season with #1 pick.

FYI -- this is a possibility in case ppl didnt know.
Meursault
Starter

Post#17 » by Meursault » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:59 pm

The Duke wrote:I would choose getting a top 3 pick in 2013.

plus

hypothetically...

if the raptors drafted Shabazz with the #2 pick this year

and got the #2 pick last year.

if the 2014 #1 pick offered to trade the pick to the raptors for #2 in 2014, Shabazz, and JV, would you do it?
thunderforce
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,136

Post#18 » by thunderforce » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:23 pm

We should get healthy and win some games and give our pick away ASAP after that we should trade or loose Calderon and Bargs and trade Lowry and DD to get picks back for 2014 and tank like our life depended on it and if BC or Casey did not understand that clearly enough they should be gone too .
Man of Steel
Lead Assistant
And1: 548

Post#19 » by Man of Steel » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:46 pm

Meursault wrote:
The Duke wrote:I would choose getting a top 3 pick in 2013.

plus

hypothetically...

if the raptors drafted Shabazz with the #2 pick this year

and got the #2 pick last year.

if the 2014 #1 pick offered to trade the pick to the raptors for #2 in 2014, Shabazz, and JV, would you do it?

**** NO. As bad as Jabari was in that game on national tv, I'd take Jabari, Shabazz, and JV over just Andrew Wiggins in a heartbeat.

Having a stud centre and two solid wing prospects in Jabari and Shabazz is IMO worth more than having Wiggins and nothing else to work with. Think of it like this: would you rather have three A-/B+'s or one A+ and a bunch of F's?
HALA MADRID || GO LEAFS GO || LET'S GO RAPTORS
[SJJ]
General Manager
And1: 3,222

Post#20 » by [SJJ] » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:48 pm

2014 - This franchise needs Andrew Wiggins.

Return to Toronto Raptors