ImageImage

Packers/Bears Lead Up

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,168
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Re: Packers/Bears Lead Up 

Post#161 » by Kerb Hohl » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:23 pm

ArodpwnsFavre wrote:Can't wait for this game. One quick observation. The media is making such a big deal out of the Bears losing Urlacher and Jennings... Yet noone seems to mention the packers are missing two starting LB's, Safety, Clay, perry, Wilson, Nelson, Bulaga, Starks, Benson and others. We are a little lucky to have a great GM who built this depth and a great coaching staff to instill the "next man up" mentality. As long as Godgers doesn't get hurt, I think the packers can beat anyone.

Yeah there was a post or two on the Bears board about it and I've heard it from Bears fans...and yes, they are suffering some serious losses.

Doesn't come within several miles of what the Packers have been missing most of the year, though.
xTitan
RealGM
And1: 2,279

Post#162 » by xTitan » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:40 pm

Sitton hurt his hip yesterday and is questionable, this could be an issue.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,225

Post#163 » by MickeyDavis » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:41 pm

It's nice to have some fire in this rivalry, it's been pretty tame since we've been dominating. This game means more to them than us, we would still have the tiebreaker should they beat us (they have 2 division losses, we would have one). If we go 2-1 or 3-0 we win the division. Certainly the #2 seed is also a goal and hell #1 isn't out of reach.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
Newz
Banned User
And1: 2,551

Post#164 » by Newz » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:05 pm

xTitan wrote:Sitton hurt his hip yesterday and is questionable, this could be an issue.

:banghead:
Scoops
General Manager
And1: 267

Post#165 » by Scoops » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:57 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:If we go 2-1 or 3-0 we win the division. Certainly the #2 seed is also a goal and hell #1 isn't out of reach.

If the Seattle game costs us a bye I will be a taaaaaaaaad upset.
Go Bucks!
Turk Nowitzki
RealGM
And1: 9,868

Post#166 » by Turk Nowitzki » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:21 pm

xTitan wrote:Sitton hurt his hip yesterday and is questionable, this could be an issue.

xTitan
RealGM
And1: 2,279

Post#167 » by xTitan » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:25 pm

Scoops wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:If we go 2-1 or 3-0 we win the division. Certainly the #2 seed is also a goal and hell #1 isn't out of reach.

If the Seattle game costs us a bye I will be a taaaaaaaaad upset.

There was no way in hell that game wasn't going to play in a huge way somewhere down the line.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,370

Post#168 » by trwi7 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:02 pm

Sitton expected to start.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
Godgers
Banned User
And1: 117

Post#169 » by Godgers » Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:55 am

Its been a rough up and down season crippled by bad refs and injurys. I just want this team to get into the playoffs get as healthy as they can and let the chips fall where they may. Feel like this team has nothing to lose this season and everything to gain.

Regular season means nothing to us anymore. We will be in the playoffs every year if Rodgers is healthy. Regular season is now our preseason to get ready for the playoffs.

Bears with Cutler will never hang with us. Everytime we play them we put them in there place. Makes our regular season less boring, to clinch the division by beating them down again. Just like beating them in the NFC championship 2 years ago made our super bowl run that much better.
Flames24Rulz
Head Coach
And1: 343

Post#170 » by Flames24Rulz » Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:02 am

Godgers wrote:Its been a rough up and down season crippled by bad refs and injurys. I just want this team to get into the playoffs get as healthy as they can and let the chips fall where they may. Feel like this team has nothing to lose this season and everything to gain.

Regular season means nothing to us anymore. We will be in the playoffs every year if Rodgers is healthy. Regular season is now our preseason to get ready for the playoffs.

Bears with Cutler will never hang with us. Everytime we play them we put them in there place. Makes our regular season less boring, to clinch the division by beating them down again. Just like beating them in the NFC championship 2 years ago made our super bowl run that much better.

I wouldn't say they would "never hang with us." Rodgers has a good record against the Bears, but he struggles against them more than any other opponent that we face. Most of the games against the Bears are pretty close too.

I'd rather not see them in the playoffs. While they might be a decent matchup for us, I'd rather not face the risk of losing to them in the postseason. It definitely made the Super Bowl all the more sweeter, but the leadup to that week was hell. Win tomorrow, and hopefully they fail to make the playoffs. Best case scenario.
Wilford Brimley
Banned User
And1: 81

Post#171 » by Wilford Brimley » Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:33 am

Sources familiar with the Packers' thinking say the club not only wants to get rid of Finley but has decided to do exactly that in the off-season.

It means that if the Packers cannot find a trade partner, they are prepared to release Finley because of financial, competitive and behavioral reasons.

There is no way the Packers will pick up the second half of the two-year, $14 million contract they gave Finley in late February, according to sources.

Next year, the Packers will return four veteran tight ends along with Brandon Bostick, a rookie free agent on the practice squad with exciting potential as a downfield receiver.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/ ... 64521.html

Article from McGinn. Highly recommend reading the whole thing.
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 14,883

Post#172 » by RiotPunch » Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:43 am

Very interesting. Not overly surprising news, but still weird to read about from a respected columnist like Bob.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
Flames24Rulz
Head Coach
And1: 343

Post#173 » by Flames24Rulz » Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:49 am

Wonder if that's going to change anything regarding Jennings if we're not bringing Finley back next year. I certainly hope we bring back #85 now.
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 2,938

Post#174 » by BUCKnation » Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:56 am

Id definitely target a TE early in the draft now. None of our guys have shown too much except Quarless, but who knows how good he'll be after the injury.
RiotPunch
RealGM

Post#175 » by RiotPunch » Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:02 am

Flames24Rulz wrote:Wonder if that's going to change anything regarding Jennings if we're not bringing Finley back next year. I certainly hope we bring back #85 now.

This certainly could be a money saver move for the GJ fund.
#FreeChuckDiesel
RiotPunch
RealGM

Post#176 » by RiotPunch » Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:03 am

BUCKnation wrote:Id definitely target a TE early in the draft now. None of our guys have shown too much except Quarless, but who knows how good he'll be after the injury.

Hate having to fill another hole with a pick, but I agree. Not too enamored by the idea of spending a 1st on a TE, but I could get behind a guy like Ertz in the 2nd round for sure.
#FreeChuckDiesel
BUCKnation
RealGM

Post#177 » by BUCKnation » Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:07 am

RiotPunch wrote:
BUCKnation wrote:Id definitely target a TE early in the draft now. None of our guys have shown too much except Quarless, but who knows how good he'll be after the injury.

Hate having to fill another hole with a pick, but I agree. Not too enamored by the idea of spending a 1st on a TE, but I could get behind a guy like Ertz in the 2nd round for sure.

Agreed. Im thinking 2nd or 3rd.
RiotPunch
RealGM

Post#178 » by RiotPunch » Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:40 am

Check out Ryan Otten out of San Jose State. I'd be all over him in the 3rd/4th.
#FreeChuckDiesel
BUCKnation
RealGM

Post#179 » by BUCKnation » Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:07 am

RiotPunch wrote:Check out Ryan Otten out of San Jose State. I'd be all over him in the 3rd/4th.

Based off of some quick research and video. I really like him.

Our last receiver from SJSU turned out pretty well.
Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,735

Post#180 » by Ayt » Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:59 pm

I'll be happy with Finley gone.

Return to Green Bay Packers