sac/det sac/den

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,520

sac/det sac/den 

Post#1 » by LightTheBeam » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:33 am

This is two separate trades for the kings. Jan. 15 or whenever players are eligible to be traded.

Sac out : Garcia, brooks/ Thomas preferably brooks.
Sac in : prince

Det out : prince
Det in : Garcia, brooks Thomas.

For sac they get a reliable sf who can shoot threes, play defense and play within the offense.

For det they shed some years off princes deal and get a backup pg

Sac out : jimmer, 2nd round pick
Sac in : Andre miller

Not sure how people see the value on this one really?

For sac they get a smart pass first pg who can still fill it up If needed.

For Denver it gives them a shooter with potential who can play behind or next to Lawson.

Sac
Cousins/Hayes
Thompson/Thomas
Prince/salmons
Evans/Thornton
Miller/Isaiah

Det
Monroe/Drummond
Ma
Singler/daye
Stucky/Garcia
Knight/brooks

Den
Koufas/McGee
Faried/
Gallo/chandler
Andre/fredette
Lawson/jimmer

Sorry if its a little messy and the depth charts aren't perfect i'm doing this from my phone just wanna get opinions thanks.
youngthegiant
Head Coach
And1: 5,602

Re: sac/det sac/den 

Post#2 » by youngthegiant » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:43 am

I would personally do it on the denver side, but our gm might have a different perspective.
vege
RealGM
And1: 4,217

Post#3 » by vege » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:00 am

Detroit doesn't touch this for several reasons.

1 - Brooks is garbage and has several years in his deal.

2 - Thomas is garbage but at least is cheap.

3 - Garcia is garbage, Sac would need to add serious incentive for a Prince for Garcia's expiring swap to happen.

4 - Detroit has 15 players under contract and they still need a roster spot for Ben Wallace who still want to play.

5 - Stuckey is Detroit's backup PG not their SG.

Detroit would counter with Prince for Thornton since Sac has no 1st round pick to add to Garcia's expiring to land Prince.
longfellow44
Lead Assistant
And1: 113

Post#4 » by longfellow44 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:46 am

^^and the kings would decline your counter offer because Thornton has more value than prince.
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,502

Post#5 » by HornetJail » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:00 am

How does Jimmer and a 2nd get you Andre Miller? :lol:
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
vege
RealGM

Post#6 » by vege » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:02 am

longfellow44 wrote:^^and the kings would decline your counter offer because Thornton has more value than prince.

I know, the value is closer then the OP. Prince would be great for Sac, I don't think Sacramento would be willing to give up the necessary value to land him tho.
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,520

Post#7 » by LightTheBeam » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:27 am

As far as Thornton for prince goes that's fine with me as long as we can still include brooks. So brooks/Thornton for prince does that still work money wise?

Wasn't really sure what fredettes value was around the league but miller is getting older Denver isn't necessarily contending he isn't really make it or break it for Denver, and jimmer fits better with the age of the whole starting lineup.
vege
RealGM

Post#8 » by vege » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:52 am

SacGreene916 wrote:As far as Thornton for prince goes that's fine with me as long as we can still include brooks. So brooks/Thornton for prince does that still work money wise?

It doesn't, even if it works on the trade checker it would put Detroit over the Luxyry Tax. Thornton + Brooks for Prince + Daye or Bynum works tho and they're both expirings.
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,345

Post#9 » by Texas Chuck » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:29 pm

Im amazed at 2 opinion itt.

1. A Denver guy is okay with dumping Dre Miller for Jimmer?!?!?!

2. A Pistons guy honestly believes that Prince's value is an expiring + "serious incentive"
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
vege
RealGM

Post#10 » by vege » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:41 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:
2. A Pistons guy honestly believes that Prince's value is an expiring + "serious incentive"

Your team offered expiring + a 1st round pick not long ago and the answer was a cute "NO!" :roll:
Texas Chuck

Post#11 » by Texas Chuck » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:53 pm

vege wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:

Your team offered expiring + a 1st round pick not long ago and the answer was a cute "NO!" :roll:

Please tell me who you think Dallas offered up plus a first we dont have to trade. Makes me think your source for that information is dead wrong. But I guess anythings possible. Please send me the exact details and a link to who reported it. I literally would have to see it to believe it. We have little use for Prince with Matrix/Carter as veteran SFs.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
RTM
RealGM
And1: 173

Post#12 » by RTM » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:36 pm

Please tell me who you think Dallas offered up plus a first we dont have to trade. Makes me think your source for that information is dead wrong. But I guess anythings possible. Please send me the exact details and a link to who reported it. I literally would have to see it to believe it. We have little use for Prince with Matrix/Carter as veteran SFs.

He was referring to this offer in 2011:

Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA
Detroit won't deal Tayshaun Prince to Mavs for Caron Butler and a 1st. Even if Pistons can't re-sign him, he's asset in sign-and-trade.

http://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/statuses ... 8871866369

Funny thing is, Prince has been better this year than he was in 2011. But his value is lower because he's not an expiring like he was then.
vege
RealGM

Post#13 » by vege » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:36 pm

Caron Butler + Dallas first for Prince. Not gonna bother finding a link or anything that trade offer was reported everywhere and it was also reported that Detroit declined.

So like I said, it's funny that you think amazing that would require serious incentive + expirings for Detroit to part ways with Prince.
RTM
RealGM

Post#14 » by RTM » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:38 pm

vege wrote:Caron Butler + Dallas first for Prince. Not gonna bother finding a link or anything that trade offer was reported everywhere and it was also reported that Detroit declined.

So like I said, it's funny that you think amazing that would require serious incentive + expirings for Detroit to part ways with Prince.

His value isn't the same though. Prince was an expiring contract when that offer was made. Now he's paid (even though he's having a better year now as far as efficiency and team play).
RTM
RealGM

Post#15 » by RTM » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:39 pm

And I would probably decline the OP's offer from Detroit's POV. Maybe I'd do it if it were Thomas (would be a nice alternative to Will Bynum), but we don't have anyone ready to step in for Prince if we deal him, and we don't have the roster space for this move regardless.
vege
RealGM

Post#16 » by vege » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:46 pm

RTM wrote:Now he's paid (even though he's having a better year now as far as efficiency and team play).

Like you said, he is still playing well and he is being paid significantly less than before. Significantly less than Caron Butler himself btw. If anything he has more value now imo.

He is a very high bbiq guy who doesn't rely in athleticism and is never injured. He will be just fine for the remain of his contract.
Texas Chuck

Post#17 » by Texas Chuck » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:55 pm

Vege,

So Dallas 2 years ago (in a year they are legitimite title contenders) offered an injured Caron Butler and a late 1st for an expiring Prince. That I can believe. That however is hardly what you posted.

And this is your way of justifying your ludicrous belief that Prince who is now 2 years older and with 2 more years left on his deal is worth an expiring and "serious incentive"

SMH

vege
RealGM

Post#18 » by vege » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:06 pm

1 year ago and read the post above yours for the rest of your rant or post or whatever you want to call that thing you wrote.

SMH

Texas Chuck

Post#19 » by Texas Chuck » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:10 pm

VEge,

Its basically 2 years ago. Feb 2011 isnt one year ago. Prince has a completely different contract situation. And Dallas offered you an injured expiring and a late 1st. Do you not see how that is absolutely 100% a different situation from any current team giving you an expiring and a lotto pick or good young player (anything less isnt "Serious Incentive") for a 2 year older Prince on a longterm deal?
vege
RealGM

Post#20 » by vege » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:25 pm

Once again, read the first post of this page.

And I'd take an injured Caron Butler over a healthy Francisco Garcia anyway. Neither will see the court but Caron's Bird Rights could be worth something while Garcia might land you a pile of poop at best.

I posted a concrete fact. Detroit was offered expiring + a 1st for Prince and they declined. They will not trade Prince and a 2nd round pick for expiring. If you think different show me something concrete that suggest that please.

I'll add another fact to this. It was reported that at the draft day Detroit had a deal in place to get a better pick I don't remember exactly which pick they were targeting but the deal was Prince + Detroit's pick to improve a few spots in the draft.

That fall under the serious incentive category imo.

So once again.

Fact. Detroit rejected Prince for expiring + a 1st.

Fact. Detroit agreed on a deal to trade Prince + their pick for a better pick, they put the deal on hold and called it off.

You have the balls to post something (Please Use More Appropriate Word) like this

Texas Chuck wrote:And this is your way of justifying your ludicrous belief

So show me the FACTS please. I'll wait patiently.

Return to Trades and Transactions