ImageImageImageImageImage

Dear Amar'e

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

kingofk1ngs
Junior
And1: 4

Dear Amar'e 

Post#1 » by kingofk1ngs » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:05 pm

Beautiful letter here to Amar'e. Can't wait for STAT to come back and prove the doubters wrong.

Dear Amar’e:

We miss you.

Not just the media. Not just the team. Not just the fans. This city, though, misses you. This city needs you.

It seems like just yesterday that you were parading 8th Avenue with both hands on the brim of your crisp new blue and orange fitted hat. “The Knicks are back,” you said. You weren’t wrong. On that hot July day in 2010, you were the smartest man in Manhattan and the toast of the town.

In absolutely no time at all, you embraced the culture of New York like few before you had ever done. Stephon Marbury couldn’t do it and he was molded here. Eddy Curry couldn’t do it, in spite of this franchise’s long history of proud big men. You, though… You were made to be displayed in The Mecca. You were created in the form of what Knicks fans had anticipated for so long.

With strings of 30-point games and All-Star appearances, you made people care again. You were creating memories for lifelong Knicks enthusiasts and newcomers one 48-minute span at a time. You made a believer out of so many people who thought “The Decision” had decided another decade of mediocrity for a once storied franchise. You brought relevance back to The Garden.

In spite of all that, your return is, for the most part, surrounded with speculation that you won’t mesh with Mike Woodson’s current bunch. At the end of the month, you’ll be greeted by a swarm of mixed reactions, most of which are curious as to whether or not you can coincide with the likes of Carmelo Anthony, who has served as the team’s folk hero (and rightfully so) for the first quarter of the season.

We, though, the tried and the true, know exactly what you bring to this table. You took on the challenge that nobody else wanted that summer less than three years ago. You welcomed the Knicks, and this city, into your life with open arms and, in return, we, the fans, did the same for you. Any basketball enthusiast would be hard-pressed to believe that you would do anything other than help this team toward the ultimate prize.

So, Amar’e, we miss you, and we need you to know it. Winning streaks at home and blow out wins in Miami are great, but they feel incomplete. You’re the one who started this. You made people believe again. Now that the Knicks are officially back, we need you back, too.

Sincerely,

New York

http://theknickswall.com/2012/12/14/dear-amare/
JBreezeNY
RealGM
And1: 10,713

Re: Dear Amar'e 

Post#2 » by JBreezeNY » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:08 pm

Damn makes me feel like sh*t for the amount of bashing I did to Stat last year even if it was justified.

Please come back Stat, great letter :D
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,432

Post#3 » by j4remi » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:10 pm

Read that and felt like I need to give Amare a hug or something.
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
IMAN5
General Manager
And1: 5,666

Post#4 » by IMAN5 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:13 pm

I love that letter, I hope everyone can tak something from that and stop bashing him, I think this team still needs him a lot. Can't be depending on Brewer to always make 3s as a starter or Sheed to play big minutes. Amare should be taking those minutes.
instagram.com/510movement
Brooklyn_Yards
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,322

Post#5 » by Brooklyn_Yards » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:24 pm

I've always respected Amar'e for his hard work ethic alone. I as a fan don't feel like I "owe" him any loyalty because I cheer for the name on the front not the back, but I'm pulling for Amar'e to come in and be our not so secret weapon. One of my favorite Amar'e moments was this:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFhghIC5Nlc[/youtube]

I sat a few rows behind the Knicks bench and Amar'e was the man!
BAT 14.0 Utah Jazz
PG: Toney Parker
SG: Jimmy Butler
SF:
PF:
C: Nikola Vucevic
KnicksScholar24
RealGM
And1: 287

Post#6 » by KnicksScholar24 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:32 pm

I have believed all season that Amar'e Stoudemire come back will benefit the Knicks. I've said all season that I can't wait till the Knicks are full strength (with Stoudemire, Shumpert, and Camby).

Now if we can only get Felton to stop shooting so much.
It's hard being a Knicks fan...
YaMomsEx
Starter
And1: 472

Post#7 » by YaMomsEx » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:03 pm

This letter was Phenomenal.......We want you and need you back for the long run Stat
Leaguepass
Starter
And1: 134

Post#8 » by Leaguepass » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:35 pm

Stat will improve this team by a lot. There isn't the slightest doubt in my mind. Still I'd limit his minutes to 28 or so. With the way this team is going, saving up players for the playoffs is the biggest concern. As long as we remain healthy we'll win games. Whether it's 54 wins or 57 doesn't make a huge difference in the grand scheme of things and we also want Stat to remain healthy throughout the rest of his contract.
waya
RealGM
And1: 5,128

Post#9 » by waya » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:50 pm

The biggest reason for his drop of production last season was the complete disappearance of his jump shot. If he can start hitting it again, he'll be fine on offense and will just have to get in where he fits in defensively.
ITGM
RealGM
And1: 7,893

Post#10 » by ITGM » Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:05 am

hatnlvr
General Manager
And1: 1,117

Post#11 » by hatnlvr » Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:03 am

I can't wait to see what the team looks like at full stregnth. Woodson has them playing inspired basketball and we should be even better with STAT and Shump
ImageImage
Scalabrine
RealGM
And1: 7,275

Post#12 » by Scalabrine » Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:26 am

Leaguepass wrote:Stat will improve this team by a lot. There isn't the slightest doubt in my mind. Still I'd limit his minutes to 28 or so. With the way this team is going, saving up players for the playoffs is the biggest concern. As long as we remain healthy we'll win games. Whether it's 54 wins or 57 doesn't make a huge difference in the grand scheme of things and we also want Stat to remain healthy throughout the rest of his contract.

Were on pace to win 63 and were already through the hardest part of the schedule...
Go Knicks!
blumatic
Assistant Coach
And1: 787

Post#13 » by blumatic » Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:48 am

Scalabrine. Derrick Rose and Lebron won 60was plus games as MVPs and got eliminated by a team with less wins but more stars.

Shump and STAT wont make us undefeated the rest of the way. They will make us better for the more difficult post season.
Im Coming Home
RealGM
And1: 15,655

Post#14 » by Im Coming Home » Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:02 pm

I miss you Amar'e! Can't wait for your return, come back like the beast you were man. This might be Melo's team now, but you're the one who came here first, and that means a lot.
RGM Knicks BAF- Houston Rockets

PG: Cunningham | Suggs |
SG: Au Thompson | Rupert |
SF: Griffin | Reddish
PF: Avdija | Prince| Bertans
C: Lively II | Smith

Return to New York Knicks