ImageImageImageImageImage

Would you do Pau for Amare right now?

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

truth serum
Banned User
And1: 35

Re: Would you do Pau for Amare right now? 

Post#41 » by truth serum » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:09 pm

DRoberstonNYY wrote:
Sark wrote:No other team in the NBA wants Amare. He's pretty much done.
Why should anybody take him off the Knicks hands?

fixed

You think you're so clever. If I recall correctly, you haven't been too accurate in any of your predictions this year. Yet you still think you know it all. You're just another smart-ass fan.. except more of an ass than you are smart.

Amar'e will come back strong. Hell no, I wouldn't trade him for Pau Gasol.
ComeOnKnicks
Pro Prospect
And1: 7

Post#42 » by ComeOnKnicks » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:22 pm

No way!

Amare is gonna be one of the extra pieces that we need to contend for an NBA championship, him and Shumpert!
NYK_Lampe
Rookie
And1: 60

Post#43 » by NYK_Lampe » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:27 pm

Please no more threads like this. Next week are you going to post a "well how about now?" thread???

Kenyon009 wrote:Drafted another Barfnani?
ATTL
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,482

Post#44 » by ATTL » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:44 pm

Let Amare prove his worth. Gasol is going to be available all season with how poorly he has played and meshes with the Lakers' new system.

He now has three good passing point guards to get him the ball where he wants it. Last year he had none.
HarpStarkOakEw
Lead Assistant
And1: 4

Post#45 » by HarpStarkOakEw » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:51 pm

gasol is a better fit on our first unit but worse on our 2nd.

because of our fast start we can afford to have some growing pains associated to getting amare involved since it will help us in the long run.

amare has more upside, a more fluent jumpshot and quicker release and 2 years younger. i'll take my chances on amare.

gasol is a much better passer though and plays "bigger" uses his length to his advantage.
Iron Mantis
RealGM
And1: 18,267

Post#46 » by Iron Mantis » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:56 pm

Can we at least see what is looking like on the court before we throw him away like he's finished.
E86
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,057

Post#47 » by E86 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:20 pm

CoolKids wrote:Paus a better fit tbh. Better rebounder defender and passer and I have more faith in his mid range game. Amare was automatic 2 years ago but last year was dreadful from that 14-18 ft range . I'd do it but I still have faith in STAT

Stat's mid range jumper was damn near automatic in that one game he played in the preseason this year lol
BKAY
Analyst
And1: 1,396

Post#48 » by BKAY » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:48 pm

no.
BasicBall
RealGM
And1: 448

Post#49 » by BasicBall » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:12 pm

LA would never take Amare for Pau....A dark horse in what would be a typical Lakers heist would be Pau for Kevin Love and Derek Williams from Minnesota. Watch out for that deal! :o
Don't raise your voice, improve your argument :nod:
aggo
RealGM
And1: 5,170

Post#50 » by aggo » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:24 pm

no

they need amare more than we need pau

i would have to get 2014 and 2016 first rounders also.
NYK-Mentality
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#51 » by NYK-Mentality » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:34 pm

I wouldn't. Kicking Amar'e to the curb could do more harm than good.

I understand basketball is also a business but I believe that as a franchise, it would send a bad message to potential free agents and/or our own players. Moving Stoudemire before he's had a chance to recover would be a typical love you when you're up before kicking you while your down type of front office move. He came here to compete alongside the likes of Melo. Melo hasn't even been here for 1 (full) season.

Why move Stoudemire before first giving it a chance to work? He's also younger than Gasol. More potential. Worked out with Hakeem etc, etc. Focused on the game of basketball. Last year he was hurt and lost his brother due to death. What about the year before when he led us to the postseason while setting a franchise record for consecutive games of 30+ points? Stoudemire stays.
Oscirus
RealGM
And1: 9,217

Post#52 » by Oscirus » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:10 pm

lol no. How long do people think that Melo's gonna be able to do this without a true secondary scorer that can create his own shot? What happens when the shots aren't going down formelo do you seriously think that pau friggin gasol could carry this team?
Jimmit79 wrote:At this point I want RJ to get paid
NJ_YANKEE_45
Assistant Coach
And1: 111

Post#53 » by NJ_YANKEE_45 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:12 pm

R-DAWG wrote:Yes. Would eat duhons deal in exchange of them taking on the extra year of amare. He's a better fit with this years team and is more valuable as an expiring contract in the offseason. And amare is a better fit with the lakers.

Sky_Knicks wrote:
markdeez33 wrote:Bargnani is strokin it!!! I'm going nuts in here! Prove them haters wrong, kid

:o
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,169

Post#54 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:53 pm

No
POSTING POLICIES:
1. Posts are dictated but not proofread most of the time. It depends.
2. All typos are not the fault of the real Harthorne Wingo, may he Rest In Peace.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,021

Post#55 » by moocow007 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:15 am

AggO wrote:no

they need amare more than we need pau

i would have to get 2014 and 2016 first rounders also.

The earliest 1st rounder that they can trade is like aroung 2018 or 2019.
RodStrickland
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#56 » by RodStrickland » Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:27 am

I don't know Amaré well enough to do Pau.

That being said, I'd rather NY play at least 20-30 games to find out if the top 8-9 (which would include Amaré and Shump) are a solid rotation. You have to give Amaré at least that chance.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,021

Post#57 » by moocow007 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:57 am

RodStrickland wrote:I don't know Amaré well enough to do Pau.

That being said, I'd rather NY play at least 20-30 games to find out if the top 8-9 (which would include Amaré and Shump) are a solid rotation. You have to give Amaré at least that chance.

Agreed.
JoseChinga
Banned User
And1: 23

Post#58 » by JoseChinga » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:04 am

Pau can pass and is a slightly better rebounder.
I would do it, but i want to give Amare another chance.

As respect to Amare being the first big free agent for us and really wanting to play in New York.

Amare in the first half of his premier season in NYC, he played like a top 5 MVP caliber player.
suicidedeuce
And1: 0

Post#59 » by suicidedeuce » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:23 am

JoseChinga wrote:Amare in the first half of his premier season in NYC, he played like a top 5 MVP caliber player.

He played better by most metrics last March then he did the first half of his 1st season, FYI.
Orange N Blue
Rookie
And1: 13

Post#60 » by Orange N Blue » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:44 am

We as Knick fans should be ashamed of ourselves.

Amare came off one of the most gruelling physical and mental seasons a player can go through and he still put up numbers David West put up in his prime WITHOUT A PG THAT CAN GET HIM THE BALL.

David West's best season: 08-09 which subsequently was CP3 best year

21ppg/8.5reb/2.3ast/.6stl/.9blk/47.2%FG/39.2MPG

STAT 2011-2012:
17.5ppg/7.8reb/1.1AST/.8stl/1Blk/48.3%FG/32,8MPG

Amare had in our minds a bad year but his STATS would surpass Wests if he had 39 MPG and like i said earlier WE HAD NO PG TO GIVE HIM THE BALL.

Theirs a difference between running a pick and roll to get assists and finding players spots on the floor, with J-LIN it was either pick and roll lob or a shot, he did not know how to orchestrate an offense so this hindered Amare significantly because all of his points were face-up jumpers or drives to the basket and he could never get the ball while on the move which is what his game is built around before anything else.

Amare is a guy that needs moment to be at his best, his ISO and Midrange come second but first we need to establish him in the PNR and with Lin and especially Douglas we could not do that at all.

Amare is a PICK AND ROLL BIGMAN THAT EVOLVED. His game at its core is PNR all game either a pick and pop or a foul or dunk/layup. Then when we establish that he can iso to open up the game even more. We keep acting as if Amare instantly became bad when just 2 years ago he was a legit MVP candidate and was unstoppable.

The play that we will see that will address the whole "can him and chandler work" is the the 2 high pick and rolls at the top of the keep, either the option to either use a chandler or STAT screen or the double screen play that Felton used alot in the first Brooklyn game(although he sucked and couldnt score off of the open shots he had).

Our team will be dominant with Amare and you guys will thank god Knicks FO/Management kept him. Our 3's will dwindle but our points in the paint and rebounding will improve.

Amare is one of the hardest workers in the league, his recovery from his knee injuries were similar to what AP is doing in Minnesota. Amare is one guy i can say wont try his best every night, he may be defensively challenged but trust he will get better.

Return to New York Knicks