ImageImageImageImageImage

Laker problems from outsider

Moderators: Danny Darko, Kilroy, TyCobb

DLeagueAllStars
Head Coach
And1: 246

Laker problems from outsider 

Post#1 » by DLeagueAllStars » Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:03 am

I will say first that yes I am a laker hater being that I am born and raised in NorCal, but to think that finding a back up PG for Nash or that when Pau comes back all will be better is foolish.

You guys on paper might have the best starting 5. Wont know for sure until Nash gets some serious run with the system he knows, but your main problem is that over the last 3-4 years, your BENCH is just becoming worse and and worse. When the starters come out and your subs come in, its over.

As much as some of you value Pau the way you do, your best bet is to try and get as many decent role playing players as possible. Whether this is a back up PG, a couple of athletic bigs or SF, your non existent bench is what will hold you guys back this season.

Could you get more value for Dwight, yes, but he should be your fixture piece going down the road. He would land you the multi pieces you really need, but moving Dwight to say MIL, TOR and Im sure there are a few other teams that could be interested in him.

But your bench play is your biggest weakness. I know some of you will say no shiet sherlock, but trying to trade Pau for another top 10 PF isnt going to get you where you need to be if you want to win again in the next 2 seasons.
LaLa
Banned User
And1: 202

Re: Laker problems from outsider 

Post#2 » by LaLa » Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:59 am

You had me at I
Rox_Nix_Nox
Veteran
And1: 26

Post#3 » by Rox_Nix_Nox » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:36 am

yeah we know
Doormatt
RealGM
And1: 2,013

Post#4 » by Doormatt » Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:23 am

LaLa wrote:You had me at I

i chuckled
#doorgek
NoseBleedLakers
Lead Assistant
And1: 343

Post#5 » by NoseBleedLakers » Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:53 am

:roll:
JustAwesome
Analyst
And1: 78

Post#6 » by JustAwesome » Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:06 am

DLeagueAllStars wrote:You guys on paper might have the best starting 5.

One of the biggest problems is that people think that paper is all that's needed. Regardless of how talented these guys are, chemistry is still a necessary ingredient. It doesn't happen overnight.
Imadogg
Banned User
And1: 250

Post#7 » by Imadogg » Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:16 am

do u even kno who jodie meeks is gtfo my face that nigguh got a girl name but so did tracy mcgrady

also chris duhon aka du u want summa dis hun will be comin off the bench when nash is back

not to mention jordan "chill" hill when he healthy

oh **** almost forgot about duivin ebanks

only thing holdin us down is injuries and darius morris aka d-mo aka do no mo but well fix that
desertlakerfan
Analyst
And1: 32

Post#8 » by desertlakerfan » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:15 pm

JustAwesome wrote:
DLeagueAllStars wrote:You guys on paper might have the best starting 5.

One of the biggest problems is that people think that paper is all that's needed. Regardless of how talented these guys are, chemistry is still a necessary ingredient. It doesn't happen overnight.

Actually the biggest problem is that the starting 5 has played only 1 full game together on the court, yet people still try and make sweeping claims about this team being a failure.

They need to create chemistry of course, but to even begin to create chemistry you need the players involved to be healthy enough to play together. Until then anyone trying to discern "what's wrong with the Lakers" without focusing on health is completely off base.
DEEP3CL
RealGM
And1: 3,207

Post#9 » by DEEP3CL » Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:47 pm

Oh snap a genius is born.........pffft, like we didn't know this BS already. Worry about the Warriors and why they haven't won a playoff game in like 7 years or how they haven't won an NBA championship since 1975.

( Let me transform into Hubie Brown....)

Now see the problem the Warriors have is the ownership, oh wait see now the Warriors haven't drafted well in like forever......in our league the Warriors went to Mark Jackson as coach because no elite coach wanted the job...

They don't have players, see Curry is a tweener, often injured along with Bogut....see I can't see them getting better....

Alright enough of that BS....you think we don't know what the Lakers problem is ?
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.
JustAwesome
Analyst
And1: 78

Post#10 » by JustAwesome » Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:07 pm

Them not playing together basically just fortifies my argument about chemistry. Even if they were all healthy for the entire season, the chemistry might still not be there yet. It's not an easy thing to achieve regardless of how much talent is present.
thomas1897
Junior
And1: 86

Post#11 » by thomas1897 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:44 am

The Lakers have assembled a team that has talent but can not produce at the top echoleon of the NBA with a high rate of winning. This team is not a very good Laker it is mediocre at best. Howard is damaged goods. The Lakers knew what they had in Bynum. This is disappointing with this group not winning more. Mitch Jerry and the Buss family you have to fix this and do it right now.
thomas1897
Junior
And1: 86

Post#12 » by thomas1897 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:45 am

The Lakers have assembled a team that has talent but can not produce at the top echoleon of the NBA with a high rate of winning. This team is not a very good Laker team; it is mediocre at best. Howard is damaged goods. The Lakers knew what they had in Bynum. This is disappointing with this group not winning more. Mitch Jerry and the Buss family you have to fix this and do it right now.
Run-MKE 311
Senior
And1: 9

Post#13 » by Run-MKE 311 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:08 pm

First off that Biedrins swag on your profile is real tender, you are coming at this board soft from the get.

Second, let's see what the Lakers have once their pieces are settled and have played together for a few weeks.

Last, it is going to take a lot more than some GS Warrior, trolling ankle biter, to get this group riled up. Lakers will be just fine.
Ball so hard.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers