How I view the East

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

Knicks2DaHouse
Junior
And1: 100

Re: How I view the East 

Post#181 » by Knicks2DaHouse » Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:24 am

except we're the best team in the league but w/e
On Krylyo Fesenko:

k-lynch20 "Excited about this, I like his game and serviceable bigs are very hard to come by."

Rj1790 "love this pickup! Its been a while since the Warriors had 3 official centers."
raptorsfan24
Banned User
And1: 794

Post#182 » by raptorsfan24 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:31 am

SMAC-K wrote:
The depleted Knicks won just as many games against the heat in the playoffs as a healthy thunder team. This even after a controversial game 1 where many feel the refs played a huge part in the heat victory. But it doesn't matter anymore, Knicks got a better team now, LeBron doesn't have a chip on his shoulder anymore and the flopping rules have eliminated the acting and flopping that they used to steal games. It will not be easy for them to repeat, that's for sure.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: U guys lost by 33 points a few calls going towards miami didn't lose u that game
tracey_nice
Analyst
And1: 274

Post#183 » by tracey_nice » Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:46 am

knicksRback wrote:The Heat is 100% not repeating again and they wont make it to the Finals...they are done until next year, its clear that they dont have that same hunger or intensity and thats not something you can just turn on..even Bosh said it himself. The Heat doesnt want any of us

LOL. < 3 knicks fans. raptors have won more playoff games in the last decade. #neverforget
KnicksFTW
Bench Warmer
And1: 447

Post#184 » by KnicksFTW » Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:58 am

HEAT33 wrote:Knicks wont win it this year, they are just on a hot start.

Perhaps next year, if the knicks can add another great peice or trade Stat for someone with a heartbeat

Do Knick fans even take this man seriously? All he does is troll.

He's the same dude that said the Knicks won't make the playoffs. Cmon son.
GratefulDead
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#185 » by GratefulDead » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:34 am

Perhaps next year, if the knicks can add another great peice or trade Stat for someone with a heartbeat

I thought the Knicks weren't gonna make the playoffs?
RutgersBJJ
General Manager
And1: 125

Post#186 » by RutgersBJJ » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:44 am

Why should anyone care what you think? You said the Knicks wouldn't even make the playoffs, and now your new argument is just that they won't win a championship.

BTW here is an interesting article for you to read...

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/12/10/sport ... .html?_r=0
RIP Jared Jeffries. Gone but never forgotten...2006-2012
NY2k1
Starter
And1: 744

Post#187 » by NY2k1 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:14 am

Lol, Heat33 is like that 10 year old that tries to fit in.

Don't even give him any attention. Probably wasn't even a Heat fan till they got Lebron and Bosh.
dainfamusgc
RealGM
And1: 131

Post#188 » by dainfamusgc » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:21 am

NY2k1 wrote:Lol, Heat33 is like that 10 year old that tries to fit in.

Don't even give him any attention. Probably wasn't even a Heat fan till they got Lebron and Bosh.

Thats about 80% of their fans. They only became miami fans since lbj got there. Idk why u fans dont give up arguing in this post. Just say we wont even make the playoffs thread over. When they do bump it back up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HEAT33
Veteran
And1: 1,396

Post#189 » by HEAT33 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:33 am

Hey, you just mad we are the champs.
But seriously, even the Knicks are shocked how they re doing this year.

Im sure im not the only one who thought they would miss the playoffs, I mean there team only added a few piece which are OLD and they would of missed the playoffs last year if they didnt have Lin.

Lin was gone and they added a few old blokes, so who would of guessed they be shooting so hot. its only 1/4 of the season, so still a LOOOONG way to go to see if the Knicks can sustain what they are doing. My opinion is that they wont.
EscapoTHB wrote:I think the 92 dream team would get beat by a lot of the top international teams today.

:lol:
PetroNet
Banned User
And1: 136

Post#190 » by PetroNet » Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:00 pm

PP 4 Three wrote:The Knicks are older than the Celtics. That is a fact.

And LMFAO @ the Celtics not making the Playoffs. They have the same record as your Nets and they are yet to even put together a complete game of basketball since the season started. Not to mention they played the entire season so far without their starting SG (and the same guy who helped turn around their season last year when he replaced Ray).

If you think there's a chance the Celtics will miss the Playoffs, you're an idiot. Pure and simple.

The knicks old players mainly come off the bench. Thomas/Wallace/Camby/Prigioni. other then kid, their starters are young.

Felton, Carmello, Chandler, Smith, etc...

meanwhile, boston's 2 most important players, pierce and garnett, are fossils.

the celtics could certainly miss the playoffs. i think indiana playing much better is more likely then the celtics playing better. their rebounding and interior defense issues arent going to disappear because of avery bradley's return.
Xekana
Senior
And1: 12

Post#191 » by Xekana » Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:15 pm

HEAT33 wrote:Hey, you just mad we are the champs.

Im sure im not the only one who thought they would miss the playoffs, I mean there team only added a few piece which are OLD and they would of missed the playoffs last year if they didnt have Lin.

Lin was gone and they added a few old blokes, so who would of guessed they be shooting so hot. its only 1/4 of the season, so still a LOOOONG way to go to see if the Knicks can sustain what they are doing. My opinion is that they wont.

Think you forgot some green font there.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
Jesus Juice
Bench Warmer
And1: 475

Post#192 » by Jesus Juice » Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:26 pm

I didn't read the whole thread but as a knick fan the way most of us have been looking at it is we arent holding our breath hoping we sustain this I think most of us are looking for a top 4 seed in the east and go from there.. as for knocking off the heat even if you through out the first game the heat have no reason to go on cruise control for the knicks a second time.. when we played them last year they locked Lin up to prove a point, this year we Hung a 20 point loss on them.. without melo we came in with the best record in the east they should have wanted to smash us.. instead they 20 point loss with out our main guy hot start or not that wouldn't have happened last year.. peaking early or not playoffs aren't the the same as the season you don't give a hot team a confidence builder like that we have something to draw from if and when we meet them in the post season
Pimpwerx
Banned User
And1: 78

Post#193 » by Pimpwerx » Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:36 pm

YiJiLi wrote:Miami leads the league in 3 point percentage. When they fall back down to earth, boy are they going to stumble. peace.

Volume is completely different. This isn't some middle-school argument, where you just reverse the words and stick out your tongue. It's a legit point.

Think about this. Melo is currently shooting something like 12% over his career 3pt average, on double the volume of attempts. Yeah...that **** ain't lasting. The Knicks 3ball is fool's gold right now. The odds of it being sustained are so slim that I'm not worried about these words backfiring on me. If somehow they manage that miracle, I will gladly bow my head and give them their props. It's just not **** likely, is all. PEACE.
vladd148
Sophomore
And1: 79

Post#194 » by vladd148 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:50 pm

Regardless of how well the Knicks are doing this season, the Heat are still the favorites as they are the defending champs. Until the Knicks win a playoff series nothing changes.
GeneralNbaFan
Pro Prospect
And1: 34

Post#195 » by GeneralNbaFan » Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:57 pm

I hate the Heat, but they are the favorites! And always will be with Wade+Lebron+Bosh for the next 3-4 years!

And what, Knicks not making the playoffs? I didnt expect them to be the first seed. But no playoffs?
LJ4pointplay
Knicks Forum GM King
And1: 1,324

Post#196 » by LJ4pointplay » Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:59 pm

Of course the Heat are favorites, I don't think anyone is seriously suggesting otherwise. The Knicks have proved that they have as good of a chance as anyone to knock the Heat off though..
truth serum
Banned User
And1: 35

Post#197 » by truth serum » Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:26 pm

I don't think you know very much about the game of basketball. If you thought the Knicks would miss the playoffs, you aren't giving things much though. Just looking at names on a piece of paper. Very shallow perspective.
Ursusamericanus
Veteran
And1: 2,464

Post#198 » by Ursusamericanus » Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:33 pm

This is a staggeringly asinine viewpoint. The Knicks are shocked at how they are doing? What Knick didn't believe in this team? Tyson Chandler has already - himself - compared the feeling, belief, and attitude of this team to the Dallas team he happened to win a ring with.

"A few old blokes" in Jason Kidd and Rasheed Wallace happen to be producing immensely, Melo is so far having the best season of his career and the team is playing controlled, fundamental, disciplined basketball. The way they win isn't indicative of a fluke, it's indicative of a team that is a genuine threat. Do you still expect them to miss the playoffs?
LJ4pointplay
Knicks Forum GM King
And1: 1,324

Post#199 » by LJ4pointplay » Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:36 pm

"A few old blokes" includes 3 pgs, when we had zero last year. 3 backup centers, when we had zero last year. And Ronnie Brewer.

Return to The General Board