ImageImageImageImageImage

Bargnani: Raps are the worst team in the NBA

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

Beardman
Veteran
And1: 181

Re: Bargnani: Raps are the worst team in the NBA 

Post#221 » by Beardman » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:02 pm

zilby wrote:I I play basketball, if I have to play in another city I'll go elsewhere, if I stay here I'll be in Toronto. It's a job. "
This quote is freaking amazing. lmao@ "its a job". :lol:
Yoga
Banned User
And1: 83

Post#222 » by Yoga » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:03 pm

You hear the scapegoat for the situation in Toronto?
"This is not the first time I've criticized. When things go well, the stronger becomes the most valuable, when they go wrong the people who have the pressure on him must indicate someone to put the blame, even to lighten their position. But it does not affect me even remotely. "

Then why does "staff" post messages on Twitter for you? Grow a pair, Bargs.
Yoga
Banned User

Post#223 » by Yoga » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:04 pm

Beardman wrote:
zilby wrote:I I play basketball, if I have to play in another city I'll go elsewhere, if I stay here I'll be in Toronto. It's a job. "
This quote is freaking amazing. lmao@ "its a job". :lol:

"It's a job" explains his on-court and off-court personality
zilby
RealGM
And1: 38,871

Post#224 » by zilby » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:19 pm

Note: In this article he actually says "pretty much the worst NBA team". Keep in mind some of the sentences may have been lost in translation but you get the gist of it.
Hawaiian pizza is good.
Phalosopher
Junior
And1: 11

Post#225 » by Phalosopher » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:22 pm

Bargs is symptomatic of today's athletes..selfish, self centred, inwardly, non- caring contractor-for-hire with next to zero pride for what they supposed to represent...what differentiates Bargs and make the rest of us livid about his attitude and effort is the fact that he happens to say his thoughts in a refreshing yet depressing nonchalant manner, the same nonchalance by which he carries himself in the court....he has given Italy and its passion for its sports culture a black eye...he IS a national disgrace to his country...the best solution to this situation is to have him shipped to Europe and have Maurizio and Colangelo enjoy watching him on the satellite TV
peja drobnjak
Starter
And1: 46

Post#226 » by peja drobnjak » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:46 pm

this whole thread is why bargs is my favourite player in the nba
Image Turbo Zone
Yoga
Banned User

Post#227 » by Yoga » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:49 pm

peja drobnjak wrote:this whole thread is why bargs is my favourite player in the nba

Once Bargs is traded, are you going to continue to follow the Raps or whatever team Bargs is on?
Clutch Carter
RealGM
And1: 71,878

Post#228 » by Clutch Carter » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:51 pm

Yoga wrote:
peja drobnjak wrote:this whole thread is why bargs is my favourite player in the nba

Once Bargs is traded, are you going to continue to follow the Raps or whatever team Bargs is on?

I follow all ex Raptors.
#FreeLRJ Offical 1,000,000 post crew:
Raptor95,Seanbig,Spykelee,ClutchCarter,aRapsFan4eva,KozRJC,MAS,Slowlydrowningme,bigdub,GQstylin

peja drobnjak
Starter
And1: 46

Post#229 » by peja drobnjak » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:54 pm

Yoga wrote:

i dunno, if the raps stay garbage and the team he's traded to has a chance in the playoffs i'll switch probably
Image Turbo Zone
The_NeX
Junior
And1: 43

Post#230 » by The_NeX » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:57 pm

Courtside wrote:This is why professional athletes always talk in cliches and soundbites - because if you just speak your mind or deliver your message honestly and bluntly - people will freak the **** out. He has always been like this and whether you like the guy or not, one of the things that gave me a soft spot for him was the fact that he's completely rational and without ego or pretense. He says what he thinks and often times will answer a stupid question with a deservedly stupid answer.

As for this particular interview, he could have said something like "I'm kind of bummed out about my injury and all the losing" and the translation was made into a more proper word like 'depressed'. We don't really know, so if one of our Italian posters can give a more casual/direct translation, it would probably be helpful.

The_NeX wrote:Whole article can be found here http://www.gazzetta.it/Nba/14-12-2012/frustrazione-bargnani-siamo-peggiori-nba-913495957823.shtml , i can provide translation, might anyone be interisted in it.

Yes please.

I haven't had time to get into the links or try to put my translation filter on, so maybe I shouldn't get into this debate - but it's pretty funny to skim through what some people believe he is inferring with his words. There seems to be a lot of personal biases being injected into his words, rather than trying to understand what he actually intended to say - which is usually his unfiltered thoughts. To judge him based on what a media savvy pro athlete should be saying just goes to show that people have not been paying attention to him at all.

Here it goes, ive translated the relevant (to toronto) parts. Im not a professional, please overlook some grammar bubu :)

---

You injured yourself at a bad time, for the team and yourself, whats happening ?
Nothing worked since the start of the season. We are basically the worst team in the NBA. The summer moves were done to build a winning team, but we are not winning. We are underachieving. We didnt get any chemistry going. We won 4 games, its tragic, from whatever point you look at it, its a bad situation. We have been losing for four years. To get better, the only way is win, and we havent done that.

He then gets asked about his performance
"Goes with the team, many ups and downs, even if i was around 17ppg. But the personal performance means nothing in a situation like this. I could be scoring 50 a game, and the frustration would be identical. if you are in a team that loses this way, what you do matters relatively.

You feel like the scape goat for toronto?
Its not the first time ive been criticized. When things go well, the star gets the merit, when things go bad, the people under pressure need to point at someone to place blame, to ease their position. But its not something that affects me.

Wednesday vs brooklyn you havent played, but it would have been the first home game after a long trip, you expected to be booed? (cant translate this well, hope you get the meaning)
When you are 10-15 pts behind there is some dispute, but its about the team. I dont play 1vs5, i cant be blamed alone.

---
This space for rent :)
Illuminati_
Starter
And1: 346

Post#231 » by Illuminati_ » Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:12 am

The_NeX wrote:
Courtside wrote:This is why professional athletes always talk in cliches and soundbites - because if you just speak your mind or deliver your message honestly and bluntly - people will freak the **** out. He has always been like this and whether you like the guy or not, one of the things that gave me a soft spot for him was the fact that he's completely rational and without ego or pretense. He says what he thinks and often times will answer a stupid question with a deservedly stupid answer.

As for this particular interview, he could have said something like "I'm kind of bummed out about my injury and all the losing" and the translation was made into a more proper word like 'depressed'. We don't really know, so if one of our Italian posters can give a more casual/direct translation, it would probably be helpful.

The_NeX wrote:Whole article can be found here http://www.gazzetta.it/Nba/14-12-2012/frustrazione-bargnani-siamo-peggiori-nba-913495957823.shtml , i can provide translation, might anyone be interisted in it.

Yes please.

I haven't had time to get into the links or try to put my translation filter on, so maybe I shouldn't get into this debate - but it's pretty funny to skim through what some people believe he is inferring with his words. There seems to be a lot of personal biases being injected into his words, rather than trying to understand what he actually intended to say - which is usually his unfiltered thoughts. To judge him based on what a media savvy pro athlete should be saying just goes to show that people have not been paying attention to him at all.

Here it goes, ive translated the relevant (to toronto) parts. Im not a professional, please overlook some grammar bubu :)

---

You injured yourself at a bad time, for the team and yourself, whats happening ?
Nothing worked since the start of the season. We are basically the worst team in the NBA. The summer moves were done to build a winning team, but we are not winning. We are underachieving. We didnt get any chemistry going. We won 4 games, its tragic, from whatever point you look at it, its a bad situation. We have been losing for four years. To get better, the only way is win, and we havent done that.

"Goes with the team, many ups and downs, even if i was around 17ppg. But the personal performance means nothing in a situation like this. I could be scoring 50 a game, and the frustration would be identical. if you are in a team that loses this way, what you do matters relatively.

Its not the first time ive been criticized. When things go well, the star gets the merit, when things go bad, the people under pressure need to point at someone to place blame, to ease their position. But its not something that affects me.

Wednesday vs brooklyn you havent played, but it would have been the first home game after a long trip, you expected to be booed? (cant translate this well, hope you get the meaning)
When you are 10-15 pts behind there is some dispute, but its about the team. I dont play 1vs5, i cant be blamed alone.

---

Damn so OP left out when he mentioned the team is underachieving. Or where he said he felt like there were moves to improve the team buts its all gone dowhill and we are infact the worst team in the NBA right now? This is a great interview IMO. Leave it to reagm to spin it.

Is that a shot at BC doe in the last question?

"when things go bad, the people under pressure need to point at someone to place blame, to ease their position" AKA management using the media to scrutinize Bargnani and use him as a scapegoat. ie. his now tarnished public image in Toronto.
lobosloboslobos
RealGM
And1: 17,790

Post#232 » by lobosloboslobos » Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:14 am

Thanks for the translation. A few candid thoughts, fairly balanced, fairly humble, somewhat rational yet somewhat emotional. TIME TO FREAK OUT!
Harry Palmer
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,418

Post#233 » by Harry Palmer » Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:16 am

Unlike many, I have never had a problem with Bargs in interviews. I still don't. I actually appreciate unorthodox personalities/outlooks. It's a shame I think his role on this team has been so destructive...he literally could have become one of my favourites if it weren't for that.

Full disclosure: his greatest personality flaw is being lazy, and I'm super lazy myself, so maybe I cut him more slack there than most.

Edit: it's not, because his being so lazy and so coddled makes this impossible, but these exact quotes coming from another veteran player would normally be taken as tough leadership.
All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

-Arthur Schopenhauer
TiKusDom
Banned User
And1: 117

Post#234 » by TiKusDom » Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:50 am

Bargnani is a 7 foot pile of dog ****
Geddy
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 78,609

Post#235 » by Geddy » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:34 am

I love how the mainstream media is picking up on this quote now. Even if it was taken out of context the damage will be done and hopefully it will spur his trade to another team.
Inevitable wrote:Geddy is a good mod actually
Mr.Raptorsingh
RealGM
And1: 27,759

Post#236 » by Mr.Raptorsingh » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:39 am

It's safe to say Andrea is done as a Raptor.

Lowry might be too.
Indeed
RealGM
And1: 3,048

Post#237 » by Indeed » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:39 am

The_NeX wrote:

Yes please.

---

---

Thanks for translating.
Berserk_Raptor
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,744

Post#238 » by Berserk_Raptor » Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:17 am

Lets just be objective..
We are the worst team in the NBA right now?? The answer is YES. Facts speak themselves.

As I said before, Andrea Bargnani is forcing a trade, so dont be surprised if he starts to play better in another team when hes traded... Of course, thats not professional...
@raptor21_85
Berserk_Raptor
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,744

Post#239 » by Berserk_Raptor » Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:22 am

and dont be surprised if Lowry signs elsewhere as well
@raptor21_85
C_Money
RealGM
And1: 25,529

Post#240 » by C_Money » Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:35 am

People want to ship this guy to LA but he deserves to go to Milwaukee or Charlotte. What a scumbag.

Return to Toronto Raptors