ImageImageImageImageImage

Melo out at least 1 game

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

GratefulDead
Banned User
And1: 1

Melo out at least 1 game 

Post#1 » by GratefulDead » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:50 am

Just heard it on ESPN melo out AT LEAST 1 game..
KnicksScholar24
RealGM
And1: 287

Re: Melo out at least 1 game 

Post#2 » by KnicksScholar24 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:57 am

This is why Stoudemire needs to comeback soon, so New York is relying on Raymond Felton and JR Smith to be NY's main scorers/creators/offense-initiators when Carmelo misses a game.

Hopefully Anthony doesn't miss more than a couple games.
It's hard being a Knicks fan...
NY2k1
Starter
And1: 744

Post#3 » by NY2k1 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:01 am

Melo should be back for the Rockets game on Monday hopefully.
Grinditout
RealGM
And1: 2,349

Post#4 » by Grinditout » Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:04 am

Just thankful it's not a serious/long term injury.
blumatic
Assistant Coach
And1: 787

Post#5 » by blumatic » Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:08 am

3 full days of rest and treatment is whats needed.

STAT will be ready in due time. The Knicks are so good. They dont need a full roster to win alot of regular season games. But we gonna need STAT with the elite teams that we gonna see come spring.

OKC is the match up Im excited to see. They are top ten in virtually all positive statistical category. That team is really good.
We face them in March and April right during the time where teams want to flex the muescles for the playoff push. EPIC.
Subway Token
RealGM
And1: 157

Post#6 » by Subway Token » Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:09 am

Take your time, Melo.

Having a great record like the one we have now kinda allows these kinds of things to happen every now and then.
BAT 14.0 Judge. PM for paypal info.
SonOfMars
RealGM
And1: 2,741

Post#7 » by SonOfMars » Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:13 am

Im not mad at it, he shouldnt have to play vs sub-.500 teams if he doesnt have to..

But it does suck to know that either JR or Ray will be going for 25+ shots
Props Turbo_Zone
gethigh
Banned User
And1: 70

Post#8 » by gethigh » Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:19 am

I just wish this stuff evened out with the basketball gods and Howard sprained his ankle as well.
Miked1958
Bench Warmer
And1: 132

Post#9 » by Miked1958 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:19 am

NetsFanCheryl wrote:Take your time, Melo.

Having a great record like the one we have now kinda allows these kinds of things to happen every now and then.

Glad to be part of these Boards. Was part of another Knicks sight but noticed it wasn't anywhere near as good as this one so I joined.

Anyway can't wait for Amare and Iman to get back. Hope it doesn't mess with our chemistry like it did when amare came back last year.

Who do knicks drop to make room? White? Who else?
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,760
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Post#10 » by Thugger HBC » Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:22 am

Miked1958 wrote:

Glad to be part of these Boards. Was part of another Knicks sight but noticed it wasn't anywhere near as good as this one so I joined.

Anyway can't wait for Amare and Iman to get back. Hope it doesn't mess with our chemistry like it did when amare came back last year.

Drop as in "inactive"?

White and Copeland

Sent from my Asus TR700T-B1-GR using Xparent Sky Blue Tapatalk 2
R. I. P. Mamba 8/23/78 - 1/26/20

Gone, but will never be forgotten
gethigh
Banned User
And1: 70

Post#11 » by gethigh » Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:39 am

Carmelo Anthony (ankle) wants to play Saturday, but the Knicks are planning to sit their star for at least one game despite his lobbying, a team source told the New York Daily News.

Trust me, they won't be able to keep Melo off the floor Monday when "Linsanity" comes to town. Just rest him vs. lottery cavs.
kane
Head Coach
And1: 2,342

Post#12 » by kane » Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:43 am

then i guess were lucky the next game is vs the cavs
knicksnation1
Senior
And1: 10

Post#13 » by knicksnation1 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:49 am

Get WELL Melo the knee&ankle problem is far more concerning than a few stitches on the finger.
Miked1958
Bench Warmer
And1: 132

Post#14 » by Miked1958 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:53 am

Thugger HBC wrote:
Miked1958 wrote:

Drop as in "inactive"?

White and Copeland

Sent from my Asus TR700T-B1-GR using Xparent Sky Blue Tapatalk 2
yes sorry.. Inactive is the correct word. They both are worth holding onto. They have shown some flashes in little time allotted to them
21shumpshumpst
Banned User
And1: 36

Post#15 » by 21shumpshumpst » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:40 am

Was at the game yesterday and when I saw this I literally said under my breath "we are cursed". I honestly saw he was out for the season after I saw the replay.

What a scary scary thing. I hope this is not some bs like with Amare "oh he is ok" then he is out a month.

Let him rest however long he needs.
NYK-Mentality
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#16 » by NYK-Mentality » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:49 am

I wouldn't be upset if Melo were out for 1 month. When you go back and look at that replay, it looks like a season ending injury. Ankle, knee, leg etc, etc everything looked to be ruined and/or out of place as Melo fell to the ground. When I hear 1 game, or even 5 games? It's a sign of relief. As a Jets fan, the injuries to both Revis and Holmes weren't even as violent looking as Melo's fall and landing.

C: Tyson Chandler.
PF: Kurt Thomas.
SF: Steve Novak.
2G: Jason Kidd.
PG: Raymond Felton.

J.R Smith, Ronnie Brewer, Rasheed Wallace, Pablo Prigioni, James White, Chris Copeland.

Not the strongest 11 man roster out there, missing the likes of Shumpert, Melo, Camby and Stoudemire but our above roster can still compete for 4 quarters strong. We took care of Miami without Melo so I'm hopeful that we'll be able to respond (as a team) against Cleveland. Looking for an underdog such as Copeland to make a name for himself. Kid lit the preseason up, now he'll have his chance to contribute come regular season play.
blumatic
Assistant Coach
And1: 787

Post#17 » by blumatic » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:53 am

NYK-Mentality wrote:I wouldn't be upset if Melo were out for 1 month. When you go back and look at that replay, it looks like a season ending injury. Ankle, knee, leg etc, etc everything looked to be ruined and/or out of place as Melo fell to the ground. When I hear 1 game, or even 5 games? It's a sign of relief. As a Jets fan, the injuries to both Revis and Holmes weren't even as violent looking as Melo's fall and landing.

C: Tyson Chandler.
PF: Kurt Thomas.
SF: Steve Novak.
2G: Jason Kidd.
PG: Raymond Felton.

J.R Smith, Ronnie Brewer, Rasheed Wallace, Pablo Prigioni, James White, Chris Copeland.

Not the strongest 11 man roster out there, missing the likes of Shumpert, Melo, Camby and Stoudemire but our above roster can still compete for 4 quarters strong. We took care of Miami without Melo so I'm hopeful that we'll be able to respond (as a team) against Cleveland. Looking for an underdog such as Copeland to make a name for himself. Kid lit the preseason up, now he'll have his chance to contribute come regular season play.

Nah. When I saw the replay I said Oh thank god.

1st reason, he didnt go down on his own.

2nd, Everything collappsed at the right place. It was the impact of the floor. No joint or limb went in an unnatral direction.
dainfamusgc
RealGM
And1: 131

Post#18 » by dainfamusgc » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:15 am

The quick cuts they make in nfl causes alot of those acl injuries

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
suicidedeuce
And1: 0

Post#19 » by suicidedeuce » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:21 am

Miked1958 wrote:yes sorry.. Inactive is the correct word. They both are worth holding onto. They have shown some flashes in little time allotted to them

Just to be clear. Stat, Shump,, White and Copeland are all already on the kNicks 15 man roster. Despite being inactive, Stat and Shump don't have to be added, therefore no one is in danger of being let go.

Assuming everyone is healthy, White will always certainly not be among the active 13. Copeland may be making a case to stay on the active roster over Camby or Thomas, unless one of them starts breaking out.
NYKinMIA
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,917

Post#20 » by NYKinMIA » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:00 am

Where can I send Melo a 'get well soon' basket of fruit? I don't want him pushing to come back early...get that healed to 100.

Return to New York Knicks