ImageImageImage

Sixers vs Pacers

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

ryst
Banned User
And1: 506

Re: Sixers vs Pacers 

Post#241 » by ryst » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:40 am

nice effort from the team , Turner is a tough player and fights to the end, i like him very much

right now its about bigs, Hibbert sucks yet was all woirld tonight because we have no bigs

while Hawes shot the ball well, he cant defend ,cant rebound and in the most important play could not score a layup under the basket.

even if Bynum come back(and i dont think he will) he wont be able to play 40 minutes a night, they need to make a tarde for a big or they might as well tank.

the idea from the front office in the offseason that Hawes,Young,Allen and Kwame are legit bigs in this league is wrong.
KrazySixersD
General Manager
And1: 1,008

Post#242 » by KrazySixersD » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:41 am

YOU KNOW WHATS FUNNY!??!?!?!

no jrue holiday tonight: no ryst and no p2k

those 2 guys are JOKES... both of them

both of them try to act like they show up and talk about all players equally

ryst and p2k, you 2 are nothing but trolls

Posting things like this is just picking a fight. Don't. -- Hfw
KrazySixersD
General Manager

Post#243 » by KrazySixersD » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:41 am

ooo ryst now you show up.... right right
KrazySixersD
General Manager

Post#244 » by KrazySixersD » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:42 am

or, if not josh smith.... get millsap and pair him with gortat
cksdayoff
RealGM
And1: 3,636

Post#245 » by cksdayoff » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:43 am

ET was keeping the sixers in the game, late in the game, and the ball never made it into his hands for two consecutive offensive possessions thanks to Nick Young who had to get his. smfh

ET also found Hawescrub in the paint with a minute left to go but he blew the layup.
#failforfultz
ryst
Banned User
And1: 506

Post#246 » by ryst » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:45 am

cksdayoff wrote:ET was keeping the sixers in the game, late in the game, and the ball never made it into his hands for two consecutive offensive possessions thanks to Nick Young who had to get his. smfh

ET also found Hawescrub in the paint with a minute left to go but he blew the layup.

i dont buy that, first of all they had a play with the nick young p&p with Hawes jump shot from the corner that was working very well all night so i have no problem with them going for it.

second of all Turner needs to demnad the ball and go take it under the basket in a game like that and he did that most of the time.
KrazySixersD
General Manager

Post#247 » by KrazySixersD » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:47 am

27 fts to 16 again
THFMDA
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#248 » by THFMDA » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:48 am

This team easily has the worst front court in the league. I'm excluding Thad because he is amazing this year, but because of Lavoy and Hawes our front court sucks. I can't name one team with a worse front court then ours.
KrazySixersD
General Manager

Post#249 » by KrazySixersD » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:48 am

also, we are currently the 9th seed
MBash721
Senior
And1: 106

Post#250 » by MBash721 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:04 am

MBash721 wrote:I think Turner has a legit chance at a triple-double tonight

I'm gonna go with 22 points, 9 rebounds, 8 assists tonight

ahhhh almost nailed it

off by 1 rebound and 3 assists
cksdayoff
RealGM
And1: 3,636

Post#251 » by cksdayoff » Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:35 am

MBash721 wrote:
MBash721 wrote:I think Turner has a legit chance at a triple-double tonight

I'm gonna go with 22 points, 9 rebounds, 8 assists tonight

ahhhh almost nailed it

off by 1 rebound and 3 assists

blame Hawes
#failforfultz
Semaj
Head Coach
And1: 68

Post#252 » by Semaj » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:11 am

I thought George Hill only had 9 rebounds? They said that he had a triple double for whatever reason lol
Courtesy of UncleDrew
Mike Louch
Senior
And1: 1

Post#253 » by Mike Louch » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:23 am

Semaj wrote:I thought George Hill only had 9 rebounds? They said that he had a triple double for whatever reason lol

Naw he didn't. Home-cooking.
NBA 2K12 Champ!!!!
bedjaw
Senior
And1: 44

Post#254 » by bedjaw » Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:14 am

MBash721 wrote:
Mike Louch wrote:
Knux-Future wrote:Evan is going to shank a ref after this game so I expect hi to be out for the next...year or twenty.
haha, yea I don't know who's crazier. Him or Psycho T. Evan wants to win so bad, such a shame outside of him and Jrue wit Thad the team is a collection of borderline stiffs.

yes

but on the other hand, if Bynum was/gets healthy, a core 4 of Jrue/Turner/Thad/Bynum is very very good and still very young.

Then, all of a sudden, guys like JRich, Young, Hawes, Wright, and Allen are asked to do less and play a more comfortable role for what they are and its a good and solidly deep team.

When you have to start guys like Lavoy Allen or Kwame Brown, and Nick Young, it weakens the bench and the starting lineup isnt as good as normal.

If by "asked to do less" you mean do anything for another team than I am with you. We have exactly 4 guy worth keeping and everyone else has to go. I'd love to dump all that salary and add another Frontcourt player and bench scorer. Than we'd be ready to roll. But you can't depend on Allen, Hawes, Brown, Wright or Young in any role and expect to win. Their games are too flawed or they are too inconsistent to be a integral part of a winning team. No more mult-year contracts outside AB (if healthy). Than take our cap money in '14 to add two more pieces to our core. JRich need to go just due to age.
MountainDrew
Veteran
And1: 885

Post#255 » by MountainDrew » Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:43 am

We stayed close in this game because of effort and a lot of fts by Indiana. I liked Turners play but not much else. You'd figure we could have taken this game with Jrue, but oh well. Injury bug is not friendly this season.
Trust the Process
MountainDrew
Veteran
And1: 885

Post#256 » by MountainDrew » Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:45 am

I think Allen might be worth kerpong as a 9th man for tough post defense, 6 fouls and a mid-range jumper. The others are not players you want on a championship team.
Trust the Process
FreesFro
Pro Prospect
And1: 274

Post#257 » by FreesFro » Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:22 pm

KrazySixersD wrote:
cksdayoff wrote:Evan Turner = point god

look i love turner, a lot....

but he has 5 assists and 4 turnovers... if that was holiday he would be getting killed on this board right now

why is it a double standard?

turner has refused to attack the paint most of the night, he needs to take over here in the final 6 or we are going to lose another close game

Well, regarding assists you need your teammates to make shots when you pass them the ball. Hawes had a had a good night shooting, but every time except once I think Turner passed to him for a wide open shoot he missed, plus the pass underneath at the end of the game. Those would've been assists. Then every time Nick passed to Hawes on the p&p he hit it hence the 5 assists for Young. JRich and Nick didn't shoot well. Those are the easiest assists when you pass to someone for an open shot they don't dribble and just drain it.
SparksFly87
Assistant Coach
And1: 395

Post#258 » by SparksFly87 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:28 pm

Paul George is awesome but I really like Evan Turner better and don't regret us picking him over. Turner is just a flat out baller with the leadership skills and killer instinct that we need here in Philly. Turner is a excellent rebounder, facilitator and clutch shooter . I think Jrue and Turner in the backcourt compliments each other perfectly. I am even considering Thad Young moving to the smallforward position because of his ability to be a shut down defender and his off the ball abilities. I think 76ers need a really starting PF with the ability to rebound, bang and stretch the floor. We need more size on this team.
P2K
Analyst
And1: 54

Post#259 » by P2K » Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:04 pm

I like Paul George, too. Only thing is, like Turner in the past, George can be really inconsistent. So both have to show me a full season before I truly believe in them but so far, so good. George will have it easier though because of being the much better athlete and having a huge wingspan.

Can't believe how ET is playing. I guess that whole thing about Turner needing about two years to find his way at each level of competition is true.
EMBRACE THE PROCESS
SparksFly87
Assistant Coach
And1: 395

Post#260 » by SparksFly87 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:29 pm

P2K wrote:I like Paul George, too. Only thing is, like Turner in the past, George can be really inconsistent. So both have to show me a full season before I truly believe in them but so far, so good. George will have it easier though because of being the much better athlete and having a huge wingspan.

Can't believe how ET is playing. I guess that whole thing about Turner needing about two years to find his way at each level of competition is true.

Turner definitely start at 2 guard to maximize his skillset and size advantage. Most of the smallforwards are longer than he is and he has to expend his energy defending them. Turner excels as a offensive attacker and creator. That's why I fill Thad Young should assume the toughest defensive assignment as a three because he 's more of a hustle type player who can do the dirty work. A wing like Jason Richardson/Nick Young and Dwright are all good off the bench because of their shooting abilites but inconsistency. Jason Richardson should be our 6th man spark of the bench because of his decline with age but still productiveness just with less mins. A four who can shoot and possesses good size for the postion in the starting lineup should be our main target.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers