CHI/MIN/LAL - Love to LA, Dwight to Chicago

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

N.O.R.E.
RealGM
And1: 240

CHI/MIN/LAL - Love to LA, Dwight to Chicago 

Post#1 » by N.O.R.E. » Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:17 am

The Lakers and Wolves do this if they want to avoid potential **** storms with their respective star player (Dwight & Love). If LA keeps losing, I don't really see a way this "relationship" can continue. The same can be said with Love, and even though he is locked in for the next 2 years there is almost too much bad blood with management IMHO. This deal is based on things falling apart in LA and Kobe making Dwight cry. I don't see Brooklyn as a viable option anymore so the Bulls would be the next best thing IMO.

Bulls Trade: Noah, Deng, Taj, 2013 lotto protected 1st
Receive: Dwight, B. Roy (EC), Duhon (partially guaranteed)

Dwight/Nazr
Boozer/Vlad
Butler/B.Roy?
Rip/Bellinelli/Nate
Rose/Hinrich/M.Teague/Duhon?

The Bulls give up a tonne but do so in order to land Dwight, who would obviously be committed to signing there long term as outlined above. Giving up Taj hurts, but is done on purpose to add players with more potential and capability to take some of the scoring load to complete the new core with Rose & Dwight. The Bulls would trade Boozer to a team needing an upgrade and would take back a more short-term salary (eg Hump). They should then have a tonne of capspace in 2014, a FA class that is loaded - LeBron, Bosh, Favors, P.George, Iguodala, R.Gay, Nowitzki, Gasol, Granger, E.Turner, Avery Bradley, etc.

Wolves Trade: Love, Ridnour, Roy's EC
Receive: Noah, Deng, Chi lotto protected 1st

Pek/Noah/Stiemsma
Noah/D-Will/AK
AK/Deng/Budinger
Deng/Shved/Budinger
Rubio/Shved/Barea

The Wolves become a freakishly versatile team, and gain a player (Noah) who would give Rick a boner. Deng @ SG would be situational and would create all sorts of mismatches. This deal would also allow Derrick Williams more PT, but also more leniency to make mistakes, as Noah+Deng are vets and would bring far more to the table than (no)Love.

Lakers Trade: Dwight, Duhon
Receive: Love, Taj, Ridnour

Gasol/J.Hill/Sacre
Love/Taj/Jamison
Artest/Ebanks/Jamison
Kobe/Meeks
Nash/Ridnour/Blake

The Lakers (as usual) are in a highly combustible situation, and clearly in win now mode. This deal gives them a player that plays hard on a far more consistent basis, in addition to a versatile defender in Taj Gibson. Love isn't someone with go to moves or anything, so this would allow Gasol a larger role on offense. Love would be a fantastic fit in 'antoni's "system", due to his shooting range and obviously rebounding.
Tetlak
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,133

Re: CHI/MIN/LAL - Love to LA, Dwight to Chicago 

Post#2 » by Tetlak » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:50 am

I feel like the Wolves get too much for Love
VIPER8382
Sixth Man
And1: 105

Post#3 » by VIPER8382 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:59 am

I think Chicago is overpaying here to the point that the Lakers would actually pass on Love and cut the Wolves out. However I don't see any way the Bulls would give all of this up for Dwight. As currently constructed, there is no reason to send Taj Gibson to LA, as Love is enough of a return for Dwight, and there is no reason for the Bulls to add a first to Minny. Even then I am not sure if the Bulls would pull the trigger, and if they would, I am not so sure that the Lakers would add the Twolves, as Deng and Noah may be more attractive.
bullsnewdynasty
RealGM
And1: 2,544

Post#4 » by bullsnewdynasty » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:06 am

Bulls cut out LA and take Love for themselves, since they are providing all the value to the T-Wolves. And Love has the advantage of not being an unpredictable prima donna who doesn't want to re-sign in Chicago.
Mattya
RealGM
And1: 6,282

Post#5 » by Mattya » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:15 am

bullsnewdynasty wrote:Bulls cut out LA and take Love for themselves, since they are providing all the value to the T-Wolves. And Love has the advantage of not being an unpredictable prima donna who doesn't want to re-sign in Chicago.

Love is just a predictable prima donna.
Kobe System
Lead Assistant
And1: 449

Post#6 » by Kobe System » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:33 am

bullsnewdynasty wrote:Bulls cut out LA and take Love for themselves, since they are providing all the value to the T-Wolves. And Love has the advantage of not being an unpredictable prima donna who doesn't want to re-sign in Chicago.

Yes please. We are not trading D-12.
[RCG]
Head Coach
And1: 135

Post#7 » by [RCG] » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:24 am

Another good idea. I know Minnesota would accept. And probably would look to move Pek for more of a SG - say Matthews +.

Rubio-Matthews-Deng-Kirilenko-Noah w/ Barea-Shved-Budinger-Cunningham-Stiemsma off the bench.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,346

Post#8 » by Texas Chuck » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:28 am

Dont like it for Chicago. Huge overpay and LAL would be much better off taking that package over Love with their window.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.

Return to Trades and Transactions