ImageImageImageImageImage

LOL, Raps post game, Smith & Jones are drunk on BC kool-aid.

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

Yosemite Dan
RealGM
And1: 7,893

LOL, Raps post game, Smith & Jones are drunk on BC kool-aid. 

Post#1 » by Yosemite Dan » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:35 am

Listening to the Raps post game in the car on the way home and its just hilarious how Smith & Jones are defending BC. I guess since he's sticking around so they need to kiss his butt again to keep thier job but the crap Smith said was delusional.

A caller comes on and very articulately states how Smith is basically the biggest apologist for BC because apparently Smith said this morning that the blame isn't on BC because his and alot of fan's expectations were high and the caller, quite correctly, said Smith says that every year and quite conveniently blames the players which apparently has nothing to do with the GM who brought these players in.

Smith gets all defensive and says that in year 2 they only lost to Orlando because of a bad 9 minute stretch (LOL) and you can't blame BC in year 4 because they lost Bosh for nothing and couldn't trade him because they were in the playoff race (they would have gotten blown out in the 1st round BTW if they were lucky enough to make it) so they had to rebuild (again who's fault is that?)

Year 5 and 6 were part of that rebuilding ( again because of BC's bonehead mistakes and if they were rebuilding then why would they fire Triano?) and they did better last year than expected( finishing 20 games under .500 on a shortened season is better than expected?) And if he was rebuilding then why did he go after an aging Nash.

And this year he gets a free pass because Smith had high expectations for the team so it's not on the GM, it,s the player's fault for underperforming. Last time I checked, isn't the GM responsible for the players he brings in? Yet Smith spews that if the team looked good on paper then it,s not BC's fault they had no chemistry. Figuring out team chemistry is EXACTLY the GM's job.

Both these guys are absolutely clueless. All this ass kissing has reached comical levels. Normally I laugh at these morons but it just annoyed the hell out of me tonite. How can they spew this verbal diarrhea? And I know these 2 guys read this forum. Here's some advice : Get a spine, I don't expect you to slag your GM constantly but enough with the deep ass kissing, it's getting obscene.

Not to mention that this crap they say just influences the casual fan and then the pressure is off Colangelo and MLSE extends him and all is well again.....if you like losing.
Jay240
Sixth Man
And1: 592

Re: LOL, Raps post game, Smith & Jones are drunk on BC kool- 

Post#2 » by Jay240 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:39 am

I dunno I feel pretty good after a Raptors win.
nonc
Sixth Man
And1: 827

Post#3 » by nonc » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:40 am

MLSE impacted writers are definitely prostitutes for a paycheque, that's about it.
UN-Owen
Banned User
And1: 409

Post#4 » by UN-Owen » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:44 am

Jay240 wrote:I dunno I feel pretty good after a Raptors win.

Remember that good feeling when OKC gets the 4th overall pick
C_Money
RealGM
And1: 25,534

Post#5 » by C_Money » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:45 am

They can say whatever they want because nobody listens to the radio anymore LOL.
Rapsobsessed7
RealGM
And1: 4,553

Post#6 » by Rapsobsessed7 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:49 am

UN-Owen wrote:
Jay240 wrote:I dunno I feel pretty good after a Raptors win.

Remember that good feeling when OKC gets the 4th overall pick

meh this draft isnt strong. Much rather lose it this year then next.
Canadafan wrote:Bojan Burks Stewart for Siakam.
2 expiring vets that help now. A young big to add to the Scottie timeline
I'd prefer to keep Stew and give Monte Morris
I'd really prefer to keep Morris and Stew and give the great Killian Hayes and 2nd round picks
Death Knight
RealGM
And1: 3,129

Post#7 » by Death Knight » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:56 am

I listen to it sometimes for the callers, never for them anymore. When these 2 guys get too unbearable, I just turn it off.
Phenomenologist
Veteran
And1: 107

Post#8 » by Phenomenologist » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:56 am

It's pretty simple. If BC gets extended or remains on as president, I simply won't follow this team anymore. Enuf is **** enuf.
Dr Octagon
RealGM
And1: 54,612

Post#9 » by Dr Octagon » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:58 am

Those guys are just PR puppets.
zippy
Veteran
And1: 4,130

Post#10 » by zippy » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:00 am

To be honest on the topic of BC I'm not sure there's a better GM currently available. I'm neutral on the issue I don't defend BC but at the same time I don't blame everything on him I'm sure there's circumstances behind the scene that he can't control.

Do I think BCs time is up? Probably. However I just can't think of any candidates available that can do a better job.
Phenomenologist
Veteran
And1: 107

Post#11 » by Phenomenologist » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:02 am

zippy wrote:To be honest on the topic of BC I'm not sure there's a better GM currently available. I'm neutral on the issue I don't defend BC but at the same time I don't blame everything on him I'm sure there's circumstances behind the scene that he can't control.

Do I think BCs time is up? Probably. However I just can't think of any candidates available that can do a better job.

It's good, then, that it''s not your **** job to know what the **** you're talking about or, for that matter, to know who is or isn't a good candidate to be a GM in the NBA.
TheFreshPrince
Banned User
And1: 320

Post#12 » by TheFreshPrince » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:03 am

Burn a CD man, don't listen to these guys on the radio. I used to love listening to their positive outlooks on things when I was younger but then I noticed that we always sucked. It's the same for that tool Mike Wilner who does the Blue Jays post game interviews and acts like the Jays are perennial title contenders when they've missed the playoffs every season since '93.

The funniest part about it is, they take your call and then cut off the line so you can't respond to their ignorant comments. The true definition of politically apologetic cowards.
Guy Smiley
RealGM
And1: 491

Post#13 » by Guy Smiley » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:04 am

What is a GM's ... check that. What is a president's job if he isn't responsible for an organizations success?
zippy
Veteran
And1: 4,130

Post#14 » by zippy » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:05 am

Phenomenologist wrote:
zippy wrote:To be honest on the topic of BC I'm not sure there's a better GM currently available. I'm neutral on the issue I don't defend BC but at the same time I don't blame everything on him I'm sure there's circumstances behind the scene that he can't control.

It's good, then, that it''s not your **** job to know what the **** you're talking about or, for that matter, to know who is or isn't a good candidate to be a GM in the NBA.

Please name someone with experience that you can guarantee will turn this team into a contender?

I'm glad its not up to you either, you seem emotionally unstable.
Yosemite Dan
RealGM

Post#15 » by Yosemite Dan » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:07 am

And that folks is undeniable proof that Eric Smith reads this board. Thank you for that, now please grow a spine Mr Smith.
Double Helix
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 28,754

Post#16 » by Double Helix » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:16 am

Part of the reason BC is still around and part of the reason he still has fans is because many of the things he attempts do sound good in theory. He just hasn't seen many if those ideas pan out consistently.

A few losses in previous drafts and our team is drastically different. Winning the first in any but the Bargs draft and everything is different.

Without a doubt, the results haven't been there and ultimately that's all that matters but BC rarely frustrates in the moment of any one decision. It's only after it's turned sour that it often seems so naive in hindsight. Maybe that's because he's an expert salesman. Maybe that's because many relate to his line of thinking in theory and feel bad about his lack of luck but he's certainly likeable.

I know he should probably lose his job after this and several other disappointing seasons but deep down I'd love to see him somehow save his job with a Hail Mary play that workers short term and long. I like BC. I can often see his logic. I'm equally disappointed as any at how early things have worked out. It's really as simple ad that for me.
Yosemite Dan
RealGM

Post#17 » by Yosemite Dan » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:19 am

TheFreshPrince wrote:Burn a CD man, don't listen to these guys on the radio. I used to love listening to their positive outlooks on things when I was younger but then I noticed that we always sucked. It's the same for that tool Mike Wilner who does the Blue Jays post game interviews and acts like the Jays are perennial title contenders when they've missed the playoffs every season since '93.

The funniest part about it is, they take your call and then cut off the line so you can't respond to their ignorant comments. The true definition of politically apologetic cowards.

I hardly ever listen to these guys, my car radio was on the FAN when I started it up. And this caller was on the line so I was enjoying Smith getting bitched slapped and figured that he would at least say "my bad" and that BC has shown he can't get it done but nothing he said was even close to that and I was just stunned and at the end when he said that he has no problem with MLSE giving him another multi year extension because there was still potential to what he can do with this team., I was thinking this guy must have been dropped on his head as a child quite a bit.
Geddy
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 78,609

Post#18 » by Geddy » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:36 am

Smith, Jones and Grange have become some of the biggest BC ass kissers around these days. They are using the same excuses that we first heard early in BC's tenure as GM and expecting us to be patient with him.
Inevitable wrote:Geddy is a good mod actually
C_Money
RealGM
And1: 25,534

Post#19 » by C_Money » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:42 am

There are so many executives around the NBA. Nobody knew who Masai Ujuri was before the Nuggets hired him but he's doing a great job. You just have to trust that MLSE knows what they are doing.
Geddy
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 78,609

Post#20 » by Geddy » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:45 am

There are about 28 teams that are better than the Raptors at the moment so it wouldn't be hard to surpass Conangelo's success with this team. I don't get what exactly is good about Colangelo that would be hard for another GM to eclipse.
Inevitable wrote:Geddy is a good mod actually

Return to Toronto Raptors