ImageImage

PG: Monta's swag on infinity

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,710

Re: PG: Monta's swag on infinity 

Post#21 » by AussieBuck » Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:25 am

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote: i think my line in the sand is 52 ts%.

Yep and as good as his game was surely at this point nobody still thinks he can play PG. That few minutes in the second quarter when he kept running the pick and roll pass to Cleveland play was brutal.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,685

Post#22 » by Baddy Chuck » Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:27 am

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:.....and i have to admit im really on the fence about whether i want monta around long term. i keep going back and forth. i guess i really want to see more i guess. i think my line in the sand is 52 ts%. if he can get it there and then the teams winning a bit then wed be fools not to want him back. hes a real asset when he plays like this for our defensive oriented team that struggles to create for themselves.

I don't really care what his TS% is, it's the consistency. If he sucks like he has been but puts up games like this every say 10 games his % will raise but is he really much better? He's just too inconsistent to have him as the main scorer on your team. And considering keeping him going forward is probably going to cost $10+ million (plus whatever assets you could've got for him) I don't see there really being a way I would want him back.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
Max Green
RealGM
And1: 4,668

Post#23 » by Max Green » Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:34 am

Funny yet sad that Fat Daly played himself right out of the rotation. If we are going to make a trade at the deadline he's most likely going to be the one traded.
Vice President of Parker-Nation.
#Jabariunleashed
#OwnTheFuture
:wizard: Maxtradamus
Baddy Chuck
RealGM

Post#24 » by Baddy Chuck » Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:38 am

Max Green wrote:Funny yet sad that Fat Daly played himself right out of the rotation. If we are going to make a trade at the deadline he's most likely going to be the one traded.

I'd still love to make a push for Gasol. Having that post scorer would do wonders for our team. I'd just sell them on depth. Monta, Dunleavy, Beno, Dalembert, Ersan, Udoh, whatever of that they want really.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
randy84
RealGM
And1: 6,390

Post#25 » by randy84 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:39 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:.....and i have to admit im really on the fence about whether i want monta around long term. i keep going back and forth. i guess i really want to see more i guess. i think my line in the sand is 52 ts%. if he can get it there and then the teams winning a bit then wed be fools not to want him back. hes a real asset when he plays like this for our defensive oriented team that struggles to create for themselves.

I don't really care what his TS% is, it's the consistency. If he sucks like he has been but puts up games like this every say 10 games his % will raise but is he really much better? He's just too inconsistent to have him as the main scorer on your team. And considering keeping him going forward is probably going to cost $10+ million (plus whatever assets you could've got for him) I don't see there really being a way I would want him back.

Kind of the same situation for Jennings. You know he is going to want at least $10 million a year.
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,976

Post#26 » by Badgerlander » Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:39 am

Ersan drawing some key charges late, suffocating team D. love the sound of a 24 second violation. I really missed Moute. I can't remember the last time that we had more fta on the road than the home team.
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM

Post#27 » by Baddy Chuck » Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:42 am

randy84 wrote:Kind of the same situation for Jennings. You know he is going to want at least $10 million a year.

Yup, I'm leaning more and more everyday towards shipping him out too. The "youth" aspect is the only thing keeping me on the fence but it's been 4 seasons with minimal improvement. I'd love to see him next to a legit SG before I make the move but that probably won't happen.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,239

Post#28 » by LUKE23 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:51 am

Tomorrow is the barometer game. It's time to beat a homecourt team.
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#29 » by EastSideBucksFan » Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:54 am

I'm not a fan of Drew Gooden in the rotation over Henson or even Dalembert.

Monta Ellis shot well tonight, but the Cavs are terrible on defense. But good to see a good game out of Monta.

Jennings takes some awful shots. And he never gets fouls called by the refs. They seriously hate him.

Moute & Ilyasova are winning us games. Plain and simple. I love when they are on the court together.

Sanders had hands of stone tonight, but I'm not worried about him.

Jeff Grayson has a huge herpdog on his lip. I think he makes out with hookers.

Big gut check game tomorrow. If we aren't solid defensively Clippers will rout us.
Max Green
RealGM

Post#30 » by Max Green » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:01 am

LUKE23 wrote:Tomorrow is the barometer game. It's time to beat a homecourt team.

We've already beat one. How is it a barometer game, we're undermanned coming off of a back to back against one of the best teams in the league?
#Jabariunleashed
#OwnTheFuture
Max Green
RealGM

Post#31 » by Max Green » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:03 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:
Max Green wrote:Funny yet sad that Fat Daly played himself right out of the rotation. If we are going to make a trade at the deadline he's most likely going to be the one traded.

I'd still love to make a push for Gasol. Having that post scorer would do wonders for our team. I'd just sell them on depth. Monta, Dunleavy, Beno, Dalembert, Ersan, Udoh, whatever of that they want really.

Yeah, same here. It would actually be a more then fair trade if the Lakers chose the right combination of the players you mentioned.
#Jabariunleashed
#OwnTheFuture
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,239

Post#32 » by LUKE23 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:06 am

Max Green wrote:We've already beat one. How is it a barometer game, we're undermanned coming off of a back to back against one of the best teams in the league?

We haven't beaten a homecourt team yet with Monta (I'm talking teams currently in the top 4 seeds or that finished top 4 seeds last year). I feel it is a barometer game because we've won four in a row but the team is still kind of just struggling to pull out the wins and we haven't played a great team over that stretch.
SkilesTheLimit
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,795

Post#33 » by SkilesTheLimit » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:19 am

To their credit, the Bucks seem to be beating up on the bad teams this year as they should. With the East as weak as it is they could end up with a .500+ record, but its games like LAC tomorrow that will separate pretenders vs. contenders. Let's see if they show up.
We're going to turn this team around 360 degrees.
- Jason Kidd
CanadaBucks
Assistant Coach
And1: 314

Post#34 » by CanadaBucks » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:37 am

Ok, so if they lose tomorrow they suck.
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,562

Post#35 » by blazza18 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:41 am

CanadaBucks wrote:Ok, so if they lose tomorrow they suck.

Now your getting it.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
CanadaBucks
Assistant Coach
And1: 314

Post#36 » by CanadaBucks » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:42 am

blazza18 wrote:
CanadaBucks wrote:Ok, so if they lose tomorrow they suck.

Now your getting it.

But I don't want it
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 25,998

Post#37 » by paulpressey25 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:49 am

If you guys recall the 2005-06 season around here, during the Epi battles he brought up some statistic that most teams usually always get a 4 game winning streak at some point. The team that year never did and finished 40-42.

Tonight we got our four game streak.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
jeremyd236
General Manager
And1: 16

Post#38 » by jeremyd236 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:55 am

This game was ugly. We blew an 18 point 2nd quarter lead (I think), because Irving/Gibson exploded at the 3 point line and nobody (Jennings/Ellis) decided to contest their shots.

With that said, Ellis was our only offensive option down the stretch, and it was sad. He hit the long 2's tonight, but that doesn't mean they were good shots.
ampd
RealGM
And1: 4,883

Post#39 » by ampd » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:03 am

LUKE23 wrote:
Max Green wrote:We've already beat one. How is it a barometer game, we're undermanned coming off of a back to back against one of the best teams in the league?

We haven't beaten a homecourt team yet with Monta (I'm talking teams currently in the top 4 seeds or that finished top 4 seeds last year). I feel it is a barometer game because we've won four in a row but the team is still kind of just struggling to pull out the wins and we haven't played a great team over that stretch.

The team is back to looking more like the win ugly Skiles ball that we got used to before we started playing Gooden at C last season. The alarming thing though is that our defensive rebounding and transition game / pace have tailed off. We are down to 9th in fast break points from 1st.
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,710

Post#40 » by AussieBuck » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:05 am

Eh, it was always going to happen if Skiles didn't have his head up his ass about it. He's really not very good.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter

Return to Milwaukee Bucks