ImageImageImageImageImage

Cavs @ Mecca Saturday 730pm on MSG

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,760
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Re: Cavs @ Mecca Saturday 730pm on MSG 

Post#41 » by Thugger HBC » Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:10 am

god shammgod wrote:http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/knicks-plan-sit-injured-melo-cavs-article-1.1220629

Carmelo Anthony is lobbying to play on Saturday against the Cleveland Cavaliers but the Knicks intend to hold out the injured forward for at least one game, according to a team source.

Anthony suffered a sprained left ankle and injured his knee as he fell awkwardly after being fouled by the Lakers Dwight Howard during the third quarter of the Knicks 116-107 victory on Thursday. Anthony reported feeling soreness in his left ankle and knee but wouldn't rule out playing on Saturday. The Knicks did not practice Friday and therefore did not make Anthony available to the media.

that's encouraging, he must not feel that bad

That was a bad looking tumble.

We shouldn't need him Saturday, but if he feels good nothing wrong with a few minutes.

Sent from my Asus TR700T-B1-GR using Xparent Sky Blue Tapatalk 2
R. I. P. Mamba 8/23/78 - 1/26/20

Gone, but will never be forgotten
KnicksFTW
Bench Warmer
And1: 447

Post#42 » by KnicksFTW » Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:32 am

NYs Finest wrote:
KnicksFTW wrote:Is there any report on Melo?! I think they are keeping things quiet...because its probably really bad news.

Not to be upset.

Calm down, its a sprained ankle, and he's day-to-day.

Knicks fans always expect the worst, and I get it, but it's got to change at some point.

You're talking to a victim of not one not two but three torn ACL injuries.

These injuries can happy any split moment now I'm not saying that that's the situation but the way he fell, just gives goosebumps because it could've potentially been much worse.

Remember when JLin felt soreness and turned out to be a torn meniscus? I'm just saying with Knees people react differently. But if he's walking and not limping and its not swollen which is the most immediate sign then we should be good.
kingofk1ngs
Junior
And1: 4

Post#43 » by kingofk1ngs » Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:38 am

Jose7© wrote:Varejao is gonna have a field day but we're gonna get that W.

RT @PDcavsinsider: Varejao seemed to hurt is ankle while clamoring for the rebound. #Cavs trainer Max Benton taking him to locker room.

Let's see if he returns to the game or not.
Mr_Perfect
Head Coach
And1: 2,931

Post#44 » by Mr_Perfect » Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:49 am

I think it's a high ankle sprain if he hurt his ankle AND his knee. It's not as encouraging as I thought. I hope he'll be okay. I'm a little worried, especially with the way the Knicks lie about injuries.
KnicksFTW
Bench Warmer
And1: 447

Post#45 » by KnicksFTW » Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:52 am

Mr_Perfect wrote:I think it's a high ankle sprain if he hurt his ankle AND his knee. It's not as encouraging as I thought. I hope he'll be okay. I'm a little worried, especially with the way the Knicks lie about injuries.

This.
nykinoz
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 930

Post#46 » by nykinoz » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:15 am

Kyrie is no joke, the kid is a serious baller, but pound for pound, it's a no contest, we should smash this team.
Knicks fan since 1991
Grinditout
RealGM
And1: 2,349

Post#47 » by Grinditout » Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:05 am

Melo out for this game. I think this'll be a close one.
offense
RealGM
And1: 4,322

Post#48 » by offense » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:02 am

Need to watch out since cavs always troll the knicks.verajao will be a beast on the boards and kyrie is a beast himself. we can pull this off,just take them serious. thankfully they are on a back to back.
MSG
Analyst
And1: 88

Post#49 » by MSG » Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:11 pm

I'm really worried about Melo and I will be until he goes on the floor and shows everything is fine with him.
Ursusamericanus
Veteran
And1: 2,466

Post#50 » by Ursusamericanus » Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:50 pm

Melo's going to be fine, it's just a precaution. If he was "lobbying" to play and is subsequently being held out, I'm assuming he feels well enough but they are being ultra careful - which is great.

Needless to say, I'm very excited for Amar'e to return. Cleveland, I think, has the potential to be dangerous so a close game tonight wouldn't surprise me.
Leaguepass
Starter
And1: 134

Post#51 » by Leaguepass » Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:16 pm

I actually view this as an opportunity for the rest of the guys.....I'm really curious to see how we do against a highly motivated,hardplaying group of guys without Melo. I'm rooting for Felton to put together a good game...he needs one.
MSG
Analyst

Post#52 » by MSG » Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:17 pm

It was so hard to watch Melo go down after lighting up the Lakers. He had 30 points with 7 or so minutes left in the 3rd.
I'm sure he would have gone for 40+.

But things like that happen. Let's just hope there's nothing wrong with him and that he'll get back to torching the opposing defenses soon.

We're 17-5 with 5 home games coming up. Just rest the guy tonight,even if he wants to play. Even let him rest against the Rockets if it's necessary.
But we'll need him against the Brooklyn Nets.
Leaguepass
Starter
And1: 134

Post#53 » by Leaguepass » Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:30 pm

MSG wrote:It was so hard to watch Melo go down after lighting up the Lakers. He had 30 points with 7 or so minutes left in the 3rd.

But things like that happen. Let's just hope there's nothing wrong with him and that he'll get back to torching the opposing defenses soon.

We're 17-5 with 5 home games coming up. Just rest the guy tonight,even if he wants to play. Even let him rest against the Rockets if it's necessary.

Players have the best feel for their bodies and if he is lobbying for playing tonight then he is okay. Looking at the replay we were really lucky that he leg twisted "in the right direction". It was extremely awkard but overall it twisted in a way not doing any major damage to his joints.
MSG
Analyst

Post#54 » by MSG » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:24 pm

Leaguepass wrote:
MSG wrote:It was so hard to watch Melo go down after lighting up the Lakers. He had 30 points with 7 or so minutes left in the 3rd.

Players have the best feel for their bodies and if he is lobbying for playing tonight then he is okay. Looking at the replay we were really lucky that he leg twisted "in the right direction". It was extremely awkard but overall it twisted in a way not doing any major damage to his joints.

Who guarantees us that Melo said that ? If I remember right last season the Knicks said that both Lin and Amare would play if the game is important. What happened ? Amare missed like 10 games and returned just before the playoffs and Lin didn't even play one more game as a Knick.

Like I said I'll be calm only when I see Melo on the court playing like himself. Until that happens I'm worried. Knicks often tend to lie about their players condition.
Red Vines
RealGM
And1: 8,575

Post#55 » by Red Vines » Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:27 pm

Wouldn't be surprised if we lost this one without Melo. I could live with it as long as we get revenge on the Rockets on Monday.
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,760
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Post#56 » by Thugger HBC » Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:52 pm

MSG wrote:
Leaguepass wrote:

Who guarantees us that Melo said that ? If I remember right last season the Knicks said that both Lin and Amare would play if the game is important. What happened ? Amare missed like 10 games and returned just before the playoffs and Lin didn't even play one more game as a Knick.

Like I said I'll be calm only when I see Melo on the court playing like himself. Until that happens I'm worried. Knicks often tend to lie about their players condition.

This time it's the player talking.

They want to sit him because he indicated his knee was sore as well.

Last year it was the coach talking who really was not in the loop.

Sent from my Asus TR700T-B1-GR using Xparent Sky Blue Tapatalk 2
R. I. P. Mamba 8/23/78 - 1/26/20

Gone, but will never be forgotten
21shumpshumpst
Banned User
And1: 36

Post#57 » by 21shumpshumpst » Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:53 pm

MSG wrote:I'm really worried about Melo and I will be until he goes on the floor and shows everything is fine with him.

Same here. No xrays or MRIs? GTFO. That sounds fishy as hell. Look around the league and for mild sprains they have MRIs and xrays. You tell me the Knicks are just going to go by what their franchise player says "oh its just sore" and not do precautionary xrays and MRIs?

I fear the radio silence means it is worse that they are letting us know. :cry:
Knicker23
General Manager
And1: 139

Post#58 » by Knicker23 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:07 pm

Surprised to see the Cavs record is so bad.. Probably due to Irving missing time. Without Melo it's definitely going to be a fight with Varajao and Irving on the floor. Irving becomes the best player for either team and very well could force his will on the outcome if allowed.

Hopefully some guys step up and work as a team to beat this Cavs squad.
Knicker23
General Manager
And1: 139

Post#59 » by Knicker23 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:12 pm

21shumpshumpst wrote:
MSG wrote:I'm really worried about Melo and I will be until he goes on the floor and shows everything is fine with him.

Same here. No xrays or MRIs? GTFO. That sounds fishy as hell. Look around the league and for mild sprains they have MRIs and xrays. You tell me the Knicks are just going to go by what their franchise player says "oh its just sore" and not do precautionary xrays and MRIs?

I think you're going a little overboard here... If the Knicks had had x-rays they would have told everyone, or the reporters would have found out anyway.... They wouldn't lie about whether they had x-rays or not, as that does nothing one way or the other. Perhaps if it was an injury that required them theyd be hush about the results... But I think Melo wanting to play tonight and being likely to be held out for precautionary measures (as reported by NYDN) pretty much tells you all you need to know about the severity.
21shumpshumpst
Banned User
And1: 36

Post#60 » by 21shumpshumpst » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:21 pm

Knicker23 wrote:
21shumpshumpst wrote:Same here. No xrays or MRIs? GTFO. That sounds fishy as hell. Look around the league and for mild sprains they have MRIs and xrays. You tell me the Knicks are just going to go by what their franchise player says "oh its just sore" and not do precautionary xrays and MRIs?

I think you're going a little overboard here... If the Knicks had had x-rays they would have told everyone, or the reporters would have found out anyway.... They wouldn't lie about whether they had x-rays or not, as that does nothing one way or the other. Perhaps if it was an injury that required them theyd be hush about the results... But I think Melo wanting to play tonight and being likely to be held out for precautionary measures (as reported by NYDN) pretty much tells you all you need to know about the severity.

No the reporters would not have found out. There is HIPPA out there which does not allow a person's medical records to be provided without consent. If the Knicks really wanted to hush this up they could. Or that hospital/doctor who did the xrays could lose it all in a legal battle.

Maybe I am going a little overboard but all I can remember is sitting at the garden watching it unfold, then seeing the reply and muttering "we are cursed" as I seriously thought he was out for the season.

I just want clarification.

Return to New York Knicks