ImageImageImageImageImage

Bargnani: Raps are the worst team in the NBA

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

Harry Palmer
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,425

Re: Bargnani: Raps are the worst team in the NBA 

Post#241 » by Harry Palmer » Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:37 am

What about his comments makes him a scumbag?
All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

-Arthur Schopenhauer
C_Money
RealGM
And1: 25,530

Post#242 » by C_Money » Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:44 am

Harry Palmer wrote:What about his comments makes him a scumbag?

Oh I don't know maybe because he's one of the biggest reasons this team is garbage every year and he looks like he doesn't give a flying f***.
Berserk_Raptor
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,744

Post#243 » by Berserk_Raptor » Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:46 am

@C_Money, its not about what he deserves or not... it about what deal is better for the Raptors
@raptor21_85
Harry Palmer
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,425

Post#244 » by Harry Palmer » Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:47 am

C_Money wrote:
Harry Palmer wrote:What about his comments makes him a scumbag?

Oh I don't know maybe because he's one of the biggest reasons this team is garbage every year and he looks like he doesn't give a flying f***.

Right. But he's not arguing otherwise. A doesn't alter the truth of B. in fact, given the degree to which he is central to the team, saying we're better than we are would actually be him being a self-interested scumbag.

This is just him being objective, and not ducking the truth even if it speaks about himself.
All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

-Arthur Schopenhauer
DG88
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 27,456

Post#245 » by DG88 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:51 am

Bargnani needs to keep his mouth shut
Berserk_Raptor
Assistant Coach

Post#246 » by Berserk_Raptor » Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:57 am

DG88 wrote:Bargnani needs to keep his mouth shut

did u expect him to avoid that question?? He wants to be traded, because this team sucks. And based on his comments/actions he wanted this before the season started.

u dont need to be intelligent to understand his words... the organization melting down... the next thing is hearing Lowry he will consider signing with another team
@raptor21_85
jim rockford
RealGM
And1: 169

Post#247 » by jim rockford » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:12 am

grunching here, but is he saying we are the worst team in the league now that he's injured. or is it just some sort of bad thought construction/editing by someone (perhaps bargani himself)?
VCU! VCU! VCU!
lucky777s
Lead Assistant
And1: 686

Post#248 » by lucky777s » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:22 am

Most people won't remember but VC used to deflect blame all the time and talk about the 'team' when he was criticized for disappearing at key times. Vince was also the king of stat padding after the Raps would be down 20 and the game all but over. Lucky for him all most people remember is the dunk contest now and his first 3 seasons as a Raptor.

Not that Bargs has ever been anything close to a prime BC. Just comparing character, not talent.
Berserk_Raptor
Assistant Coach

Post#249 » by Berserk_Raptor » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:22 am

he said smth similar in a former interview.. he said he understands that he might be traded, because the team sucks.. he said he would "welcome" a trade (bottom line) since this is all a business... of course, in the past he wouldve said this team has potential to be better, etc.. but now, the thing has completely changed.
He wouldve said this team sucks, even if he was healthy.
@raptor21_85
Prodigy416
Sophomore
And1: 36

Post#250 » by Prodigy416 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:28 am

Bargnani fans should get ready to switch allegiances to whatever team he goes to after we dump him in the next few weeks
Berserk_Raptor
Assistant Coach

Post#251 » by Berserk_Raptor » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:29 am

lucky777s wrote:Most people won't remember but VC used to deflect blame all the time and talk about the 'team' when he was criticized for disappearing at key times. Vince was also the king of stat padding after the Raps would be down 20 and the game all but over. Lucky for him all most people remember is the dunk contest now and his first 3 seasons as a Raptor.

Not that Bargs has ever been anything close to a prime BC. Just comparing character, not talent.

Bargnani will have another chance to redeem himself, now it will be up to him...
I mean, if he has the eggs to say this team sucks, he must have the eggs to face a new situation
@raptor21_85
Zeno
RealGM
And1: 19,581

Post#252 » by Zeno » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:31 am

So he says he's depressed but apparently he should have said he was "down" according to Casey. Now he says they are the worst team in the league, when he should have said they have the worst record in the league(which they did percentage-wise). Splitting hairs with a translated interview and the speech of a second language speaker seems silly to me.

But I agree, now he needs to shut up.
When will we just change the name of 25 of the 30 teams to the Washington Generals?

Please advise….

Dan G.
nonc
Sixth Man
And1: 827

Post#253 » by nonc » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:34 am

Ilmago_Bargs7 wrote:
DG88 wrote:Bargnani needs to keep his mouth shut

did u expect him to avoid that question?? He wants to be traded, because this team sucks. And based on his comments/actions he wanted this before the season started.

u dont need to be intelligent to understand his words... the organization melting down... the next thing is hearing Lowry he will consider signing with another team

lol what? you talk of objectivity, so OK, let's be honest. the raptors suck because of andrea bargnani.

edit: and BC of course
speedythief
Sophomore
And1: 132

Post#254 » by speedythief » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:57 am

Unfortunately the Raptors are a miserable franchise. I actually don't blame Bargs for saying what he said, in a moment where he felt he could express himself without the atrocious and desperate sports media in Toronto castigating him. In a sense I agree with him--it seems like no franchise bottoms-out every year like we do. We don't just get into skids, we bust through the bottom of the barrel pretty much every season. It's extremely discouraging to be a fan of a franchise that is consistently devoid of creativity, audacity, and common sense. All that being said, Bargs is the de facto leader of the team and he is out of line saying that, if he's been quoted correctly and in context. It's a defeatist statement and if we really are committed to a "winning culture" within the club (questionable at the top) he's not on board with that and he needs to suck it up and make up for it or find a new place to ply his trade.
two5
Banned User
And1: 15

Post#255 » by two5 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:10 am

speedythief wrote:Unfortunately the Raptors are a miserable franchise. I actually don't blame Bargs for saying what he said, in a moment where he felt he could express himself without the atrocious and desperate sports media in Toronto castigating him. In a sense I agree with him--it seems like no franchise bottoms-out every year like we do. We don't just get into skids, we bust through the bottom of the barrel pretty much every season. It's extremely discouraging to be a fan of a franchise that is consistently devoid of creativity, audacity, and common sense. All that being said, Bargs is the de facto leader of the team and he is out of line saying that, if he's been quoted correctly and in context. It's a defeatist statement and if we really are committed to a "winning culture" within the club (questionable at the top) he's not on board with that and he needs to suck it up and make up for it or find a new place to ply his trade.

This reason why this franchise is so miserable is due to Bargnani. I mean the guy has just been a burden on this franchise ever since after his rookie season.

He got to play with a star player in Bosh, being spoonfed open and good looks and the guy still sucked. Both offensively and defensively.

He's the common denominator.

Go look at Bosh now, second best player on a championship/dynasty capable team. You want to tell me the fault lies in the talents of other guys?

Even alongside talented players, he's bad. The guy is just a big 7 foot, overglorified Al Harrington
speedythief
Sophomore
And1: 132

Post#256 » by speedythief » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:12 am

We sucked long before Bargnani, Junior. He's only been around for a minute, and he's only been a focal point of the team for a few seconds.
Berserk_Raptor
Assistant Coach

Post#257 » by Berserk_Raptor » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:20 am

So now Bargs is blamed for everything-?? lol... so now i have to forget Jose's years of atrocious defence, no i have to forget that we havent had a true SF in a while, etc, etc...???
@raptor21_85
two5
Banned User

Post#258 » by two5 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:22 am

speedythief wrote:We sucked long before Bargnani, Junior. He's only been around for a minute, and he's only been a focal point of the team for a few seconds.

7 years. He's been around 7 years.

I've watched this team play since I was 10 years old. We had a few awful years after Vince, but Bosh was very capable of getting us many playoff years.

If Bargnani was so talented and great, why couldn't he help us get in the playoffs or even suceed as Bosh's Robin?

The guy got to play with a star big man in Bosh, for many years, who now is the second best player on the best team in the world and was still garbage.

The guy just got exposed those years playing with a top tier NBA star talent.

Bargnani is a garbage player. Dime a dozen chucker, with no value anywhere around the league. He is historically one of the worst defending bigs of all time, and a mediocre offensive player.

He is a big net negative to any team and the main reason we are 4-19. Quote it, sig it, do whatever you like with it.
talksick
Freshman
And1: 18

Post#259 » by talksick » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:22 am

Love it, Bargs is being whipped for saying they are the worst team in the NBA and Casey is being made fun of in the other thread for saying the Raps aren't. People make up your mind.
two5
Banned User

Post#260 » by two5 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:25 am

Ilmago_Bargs7 wrote:So now Bargs is blamed for everything-?? lol... so now i have to forget Jose's years of atrocious defence, no i have to forget that we havent had a true SF in a while, etc, etc...???

Bargs atrocious defense, his defensive/offensive shortcomings and inefficient scoring were the primary reasons why we fielded 20 win teams with Bosh out there.

Return to Toronto Raptors