Rasheed Wallace is 6 assists shy...

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

boogie-reke
Head Coach
And1: 244

Rasheed Wallace is 6 assists shy... 

Post#1 » by boogie-reke » Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:06 am

Of being the 2nd player in NBA history to total atleast :

15,000 points
5,000 rebounds
2,000 assists
1,000 blocks
1,000 steals
1,000 3pt made

I thought it was a pretty cool stat to know - one of the most unique skill-sets to ever play the game.

Clifford Robinson was the only player to ever achieve that btw - and Dirk is exactly 74 steals shy of joining that group as well.

6 more assists and he'll also be the 12th man in NBA history to ever record the same feat minus the 3pt made, joining the formidable group of :

Hakeem Olajuwon, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Karl Malone, Kevin Garnett, Patrick Ewing, Julius Erving, David Robinson, Chris Webber, Robert Parish, Jack Sikma, and obviously Clifford Robinson.
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,495

Re: Rasheed Wallace is 6 assists shy... 

Post#2 » by HornetJail » Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:10 am

Sheed is the only player to ever achieve the 1,000 techs in a career as well. Definitely one of the most well-rounded players in league history.

*Note: numbers might be slightly off.
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
MrBigShot
RealGM
And1: 16,955

Post#3 » by MrBigShot » Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:10 am

Just goes to show you how versatile of a player he was. I've always said he had the talent to be an all time great bigman, but he's still had a pretty damn good career. Took the pistons to another level and now he's bringing intensity and defense to the Knicks.
"They say you miss 100% of the shots you take" - Mike James
putyouonthegame
Senior
And1: 20

Post#4 » by putyouonthegame » Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:34 am

great player. great talent. great character.

"ball don't lie"
DEEP3CL wrote:All you haters better celebrate now, cause it won't last. When it starts to click this board will be crickets like it was in 2009 and 2010 on a nightly basis.
Goldtop
Banned User
And1: 165

Post#5 » by Goldtop » Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:46 am

Rick Carlisle was right when he called Rasheed a "suped-up Cliff Robinson".
spudwebb
Sixth Man
And1: 2,195

Post#6 » by spudwebb » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:01 am

Man, I think about Rasheed a lot when I see him play. So disappointing what he could have been.

Remember him back in Carolina just playing video games (arcade at that time all day). Didn't work at all. Basketball just came naturally to him. No motivation, no work ethic.

Out of the 3 ACC freshmen bigs: Joe Smith, Tim Duncan and Sheed--Sheed was by far the most talented. Joe Smith rocked that year. Sheed left after his freshman year. Duncan was just raw but really developed in 4 years in into one of the greatest ever.

If Sheed had Duncan's work ethic and mindset, he probably would be greatest power forward to play the game -- bar none.
NY2k1
Starter
And1: 744

Post#7 » by NY2k1 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:22 am

spudwebb wrote:Man, I think about Rasheed a lot when I see him play. So disappointing what he could have been.

Remember him back in Carolina just playing video games (arcade at that time all day). Didn't work at all. Basketball just came naturally to him. No motivation, no work ethic.

Out of the 3 ACC freshmen bigs: Joe Smith, Tim Duncan and Sheed--Sheed was by far the most talented. Joe Smith rocked that year. Sheed left after his freshman year. Duncan was just raw but really developed in 4 years in into one of the greatest ever.

If Sheed had Duncan's work ethic and mindset, he probably would be greatest power forward to play the game -- bar none.

Sheed still had a pretty damn great career, though.
LLJ
RealGM
And1: 17,174

Post#8 » by LLJ » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:26 am

Horry might have made this list if he was ever on a bad team and had to be bumped up to 1st or 2nd option.
RutgersBJJ
General Manager
And1: 125

Post#9 » by RutgersBJJ » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:45 am

Has anybody's career ever been hurt more by the existence of a 3-point line to temp him with fool's gold than Sheed?

Great post player, and imagine how good he would have been if he had no temptation to ever leave the post...
RIP Jared Jeffries. Gone but never forgotten...2006-2012
boogie-reke
Head Coach
And1: 244

Post#10 » by boogie-reke » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:46 am

LLJ wrote:Horry might have made this list if he was ever on a bad team and had to be bumped up to 1st or 2nd option.

Nice spot.

I think he surely would have.

Shawn Marion should probably be able to make the list or atleast be very close to it aswell, I'd assume by now he's only short on 3pt made - can't be by that much either.
NaturalThunder
General Manager
And1: 3,905

Post#11 » by NaturalThunder » Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:00 am

MrBigShot wrote:Just goes to show you how versatile of a player he was. I've always said he had the talent to be an all time great bigman, but he's still had a pretty damn good career. Took the pistons to another level and now he's bringing intensity and defense to the Knicks.

Yeah, in my opnion he had the talent and skills to be in that Duncan/KG/Dirk group. When the "good" Sheed showed up, he could not only carry a team offensively, but anchor the defense at an elite level. While it's a shame he never lived up to his full potential, he was still a lot of fun to watch.
Said in a thread about which point guards would make OKC better if they replaced Westbrook:
Coxy wrote:I think with a PG like George Hill, they'd be better than current.
Martin
Sixth Man
And1: 48

Post#12 » by Martin » Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:08 am

CHA_77_Bobcats wrote:Sheed is the only player to ever achieve the 1,000 techs in a career as well. Definitely one of the most well-rounded players in league history.

*Note: numbers might be slightly off.

Actually he has 317 technical fouls, good for 3rd all-time behind Karl Malone and Charles Barkley. Jerry Sloan has the most if you combine his playing days and coaching time technical fouls.
JustAwesome
Analyst
And1: 78

Post#13 » by JustAwesome » Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:45 am

The league needs more versatile role players like Robinson. He was able to play both forward spots and handle minutes at center.
Roscoe Sheed
RealGM
And1: 4,314

Post#14 » by Roscoe Sheed » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:00 am

spudwebb wrote:Man, I think about Rasheed a lot when I see him play. So disappointing what he could have been.

actually, Sheed played 2 seasons at UNC

I agree that Sheed is somewhat lazy and would have been a much better player if there was no 3 point line. However, I don't think Sheed has no work ethic. Almost all experts agree he has a very high basketball IQ. He couldn't have got that without playing a lot of basketball and thinking through the game.
Roscoe Sheed
RealGM
And1: 4,314

Post#15 » by Roscoe Sheed » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:01 am

Goldtop wrote:Rick Carlisle was right when he called Rasheed a "suped-up Cliff Robinson".

the main differences are that Sheed was a better defensive player than Robinson and has a much better post game. Granted, Sheed doesn't use his post moves enough- but he has all of the skills on the block
TheToothFairy
Banned User
And1: 297

Post#16 » by TheToothFairy » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:21 am

boogie-reke wrote:Of being the 2nd player in NBA history to total atleast :

15,000 points
5,000 rebounds
2,000 assists
1,000 blocks
1,000 steals
1,000 3pt made

I thought it was a pretty cool stat to know - one of the most unique skill-sets to ever play the game.

Clifford Robinson was the only player to ever achieve that btw - and Dirk is exactly 74 steals shy of joining that group as well.

6 more assists and he'll also be the 12th man in NBA history to ever record the same feat minus the 3pt made, joining the formidable group of :

Hakeem Olajuwon, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Karl Malone, Kevin Garnett, Patrick Ewing, Julius Erving, David Robinson, Chris Webber, Robert Parish, Jack Sikma, and obviously Clifford Robinson.

I am surprised this list is so small

I guess Pippen didn't have nough Blocks

KG Not enough 3's

I expect Marion to be somewhere around here

Wonder if Lebron and Wade have enough Blks

Maybe Josh Smith and Gay can make this list?

Awesome Job Sheed!
TheToothFairy
Banned User

Post#17 » by TheToothFairy » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:23 am

Marion needs 297 3's and 93 assists
TheToothFairy
Banned User

Post#18 » by TheToothFairy » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:28 am

Kobe would need 402 Blks :)
TheToothFairy
Banned User

Post#19 » by TheToothFairy » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:33 am

Lebron needs 55 3's. And 403 Blks
garrick
Head Coach
And1: 2,882

Post#20 » by garrick » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:14 am

LLJ wrote:Horry might have made this list if he was ever on a bad team and had to be bumped up to 1st or 2nd option.

Nah, he was traded to the Suns and didn't exactly put up all star numbers during his short stint there. I think he just didn't have the mentality to be the man otherwise he wouldn't have pouted after being traded to a Suns team where he could have really stepped up and carried the team.

Return to The General Board