ImageImageImageImageImage

Which draft do you want?

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

Ducksplatt
Sixth Man
And1: 620

Re: Which draft do you want? 

Post#21 » by Ducksplatt » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:20 pm

The Duke wrote:I would choose getting a top 3 pick in 2013.

plus

the possibility of still getting Wiggins next season with #1 pick.

FYI -- this is a possibility in case ppl didnt know.

That is what I would like to see (Shabazz and then Wiggens)
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe
- Albert Einstein
TheMainEvent
Analyst
And1: 1,814

Post#22 » by TheMainEvent » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:35 pm

If it's one or the other, I'd take 2014. The next draft looks pretty weak as far as the potential #1 picks go.
Good Lord, the little stoner's got a point.
TheMainEvent on Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:03 pm wrote:I say the Raptors win the championship in 2019.
Anth0ny
Senior
And1: 193

Post#23 » by Anth0ny » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:08 am

Whatever we need to do to get Wiggins.

If that means going winless from now until the 2014 draft lottery, so be it.
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,463

Post#24 » by Dr Positivity » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:00 am

Btw there wasn't many Shabazz clip packages online so I made one myself. Has most of his scores in the Georgia and Texas games and the ones from the team highlights in the Georgetown and Cal Poly ones

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHm-zL5a718[/youtube]

From what I can tell Shabazz seems like the latest in a long line of prospects who were overrated athletically in high school. (Marvin, Mayo, Barnes, Demar, etc.) I think it has something to do with not having the college/NBA style pro cameras??? I dunno, I even watched a game online of Shabazz in HS and he looked like a blow-by at will player in the making but it's just not the same footspeed in college so far, and I went back to watch his Hoop Summit clips and he looks just like the UCLA version.

I still like Shabazz but he fits the profile to me of the type of prospect who gets underrated. The guy who doesn't wow you in terms of physically blowing by and smashing you in college but who knows what to do skill and perimeter wise and knows where to be. A la the reason Cody Zeller will be very underrated by the draft. I bet Bazz gets passed by Goodwin and McLemore because they're flashier athletically.

It's also a warning sign for the Wiggins thing because if you watch the Hoop Summit clips for Wiggins (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4pK2synQRQ) he doesn't look like a freak. He looks like an elite prospect because he has amazing feel for the game and is a potentially awesome shooter, but you don't see the Jordan, Westbrook, etc. all-species type of WTF plays athletically in this clip. I'm inclined to believe that 9 minutes is the best resource for judging his athleticism out there, as is it's on an NBA style court and cameras
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,463

Post#25 » by Dr Positivity » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:15 am

I watched some KU games the last few days (they're like all on youtube btw) and I like Noel more and more as deserving as his high ranking. He's made some absolutely fantastic passes this year, I think he sees the court pretty well, it's just his skill level that's raw. I can buy the idea that he has one of the highest upsides
Tofubeque
RealGM
And1: 14,148

Post#26 » by Tofubeque » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:19 am

Obviously Wiggins is the big target for us, but Noel would be a great consolation prize. The thought of a Valanciunas/Noel frontcourt makes me drool. They'd be the best defensive frontcourt in basketball down the road.
props Turbozone
Edumacated
Senior
And1: 404

Post#27 » by Edumacated » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:29 pm

I think some of you make a good point that this team next year probably won't be bad enough to get a top 2 pick in 2014 unless management purposely tanks. Assuming that JV, Ross, DD, and Davis are not traded and are on the team next year, the Raptors should do better and get a pick in the 5-10 range. So the question is whether a top 3 pick in 2013 is better than a top 5-10 pick in 2014. It's hard to say at this point since the 2014 draft is still 1.5 years away. I guess if I wanted rebuild faster I would take a top 3 2013 pick instead.
osamu
Starter
And1: 249

Post#28 » by osamu » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:40 pm

I get annoyed when people say we shouldn't tank. WTF are we gonna do? It's like some people want the raps to suck forever so they can b*tch and complain all season
Chaos Engine
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,244

Post#29 » by Chaos Engine » Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:39 am

Tofubeque wrote:Obviously Wiggins is the big target for us, but Noel would be a great consolation prize. The thought of a Valanciunas/Noel frontcourt makes me drool. They'd be the best defensive frontcourt in basketball down the road.

Noel yes, but Val is a pretty bad defender and I don't see him being on an All NBA Defense team anytime in the future.
Big Shot
Analyst
And1: 690

Post#30 » by Big Shot » Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:42 am

We have to get past Dec.22,2012 first.
UnderdogRaptors
RealGM
And1: 44,303

Post#31 » by UnderdogRaptors » Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:46 am

Edumacated wrote:I think some of you make a good point that this team next year probably won't be bad enough to get a top 2 pick in 2014 unless management purposely tanks. Assuming that JV, Ross, DD, and Davis are not traded and are on the team next year, the Raptors should do better and get a pick in the 5-10 range. So the question is whether a top 3 pick in 2013 is better than a top 5-10 pick in 2014. It's hard to say at this point since the 2014 draft is still 1.5 years away. I guess if I wanted rebuild faster I would take a top 3 2013 pick instead.

we r seriously underrating Shabbaz imo he will be a great player in the league because he wants to be the best and has a winners mentality something the Raptors desperately need.
BC_IS_A_PLAYA wrote:jonas sucks, his dad should have got a vasectomy

Return to Toronto Raptors