A different approach on LAL/ MIN / BRK

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

Kupchak9
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,492

A different approach on LAL/ MIN / BRK 

Post#1 » by Kupchak9 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:44 am

Here's a different version of http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1219959

LAL out: Howard Duhon Blake Hill
LAL in: Love Humphires Ridnour

Simply said, if LA cant fetch anything for Pau, they should shop Howard for something that they actually like and is guaranteed to stay. Love has a natural affinity to LA and has always wanted to play for the Lakers. The Lakers can have better overall depth, maximize Pau's abilities and continue to have their so called *2014 plan.*

MIN out: Love Ridnour
MIN in: Lopez Brooks BRK 1sts

In the other deal we got Minny taking back on Gasol which isnt the direction they're going in, while in this one they don't need to give up either Dwill orAK.

BRK out: Howard Duhon Blake Hill
BRK in: Lopez Humphries Brooks 1sts

BRK is getting a steal in the previous deal, in this one they're asked to take on some deadweight to even out the odds.
srrono
Ballboy
And1: 1

Re: A different approach on LAL/ MIN / BRK 

Post#2 » by srrono » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:55 am

All happy accept MIN. Love under contract 3 more years no hurry. Will take more to get Love.
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,335

Post#3 » by Texas Chuck » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:08 pm

what is Minny supposed to do with Pek now? They certainly cant be playing him and Lopez together.

Even if those guys could co-exist on the court the value is still absolutely terrible for Minny. Its just like all those Gasol for LMA threads. LAL cant turn anything they have into Kevin Love. They need a 3rd team that wants Howard and has the right ingredients to give Minny. And Im not sure there are any teams with the assets to get Love free who would prefer taking a chance on Howard walking over keeping Love.

LAL fans need to start being more realistic with their trade targets.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 13,966

Post#4 » by shrink » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:28 pm

Love would probably require a superstar back.

It's a good attempt for LAL to get major value for Dwight Howard, but I have a question that I don't know the answer to:

After all of Howard's indecisiveness for the last two years, is there any team that would feel there is a 100% chance he would re-sign with them exclusively?
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
Saltine
Lead Assistant
And1: 909

Post#5 » by Saltine » Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:29 am

LOL, Minny says nope.
NashtyNas
RealGM
And1: 1,887

Post#6 » by NashtyNas » Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:55 am

Texas Chuck wrote:what is Minny supposed to do with Pek now? They certainly cant be playing him and Lopez together.

Even if those guys could co-exist on the court the value is still absolutely terrible for Minny. Its just like all those Gasol for LMA threads. LAL cant turn anything they have into Kevin Love. They need a 3rd team that wants Howard and has the right ingredients to give Minny. And Im not sure there are any teams with the assets to get Love free who would prefer taking a chance on Howard walking over keeping Love.

It's not hard to find a taker for Pek. This is not terrible value for the Wolves, although they could use a bit more coming to them. I'm not sure who can offer more though, because now you've got the Nets taking on Duhon and Blake while also sending out the picks and Brooks. You might get them to give up some euros or something, but don't think that would be enough so you'd have to maybe involve a 4th team to take on one of the dead weights and Pek and send value to Minny.

The underappreciated greats:

Some seek fame cause they need validation, some say hating is confused admiration - Nasty, nasty Nas
casteral
Junior
And1: 100

Post#7 » by casteral » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:55 am

Lol, it may be a surprise to the Laker nation, but Kahn hangs up the phone.

Gasol probably makes some sense in Adelman's scheme (albeit perhaps like Pau from 2-5 years ago), but Lopez makes absolutely no sense, especially at the cost of Love. Brooks and some undefined 1sts don't make up the difference.
theatlfan
Analyst
And1: 190

Post#8 » by theatlfan » Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:38 am

Texas Chuck wrote:what is Minny supposed to do with Pek now? They certainly cant be playing him and Lopez together.

IF Howard is on the table, then ATL has Horford, expirings, 2 1sts, and Jenkins (basically another 1st) on the table. If we;re taking on some of LAL's contracts though, we'd take assets off the table.

Having said that, I seriously doubt Howard is on the table no matter how many threads we see here. It doesn't matter if LAL loses the next 40 games, Howard is almost a certainty to remain with LAL so it's really a moot point anyway.
Esohny
RealGM
And1: 339

Post#9 » by Esohny » Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:50 am

Saltine wrote:LOL, Minny says nope.

Yep, can't even get upset about this one, it's so far off.
SMAC-K wrote:Mayo>>>>Love and that 5th pick
OJ Mayo is one of the best defenders in the league, hes a two way player and hes a great passer and playmaker.
magic wand time
Junior
And1: 6

Post#10 » by magic wand time » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:58 am

Insane overvalueing of Klove on this site but this one is still light.
milesfides wrote:If I were management and I saw one of my players crying, tweeting, and listening to Drake, I would punch him in the face.

Stern's Legacy in two words: BASKETBALL REASONS {the NBA's future instantly changed}
[RCG]
Head Coach
And1: 135

Post#11 » by [RCG] » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:19 am

magic wand time wrote:Insane overvalueing of Klove on this site but this one is still light.

Why is that?

And Lopez is redundant - not close for Minny.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt
Texas Chuck
And1: 88,335

Post#12 » by Texas Chuck » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:22 am

magic wand time wrote:Insane overvalueing of Klove on this site but this one is still light.

not sure how saying hes much more valuable than a maxed-out Brook Lopez and scraps is "insane overvaluing"?

Care to defend/elaborate that statement?
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
magic wand time
Junior

Post#13 » by magic wand time » Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:44 am

No. I said site not thread. Asking for Lebron or Durant, give me a **** break.
Posters are acting like he's a once in a generation player, like he's the next Barkley. Absurdity.
milesfides wrote:If I were management and I saw one of my players crying, tweeting, and listening to Drake, I would punch him in the face.

Stern's Legacy in two words: BASKETBALL REASONS {the NBA's future instantly changed}
Kupchak9
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,492

Post#14 » by Kupchak9 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:25 am

magic wand time wrote:No. I said site not thread. Asking for Lebron or Durant, give me a **** break.
Posters are acting like he's a once in a generation player, like he's the next Barkley. Absurdity.

Now you're just exaggerating. I have never seen a Wolves fan post an asking price of Lebron or Durant for KLove, more like have them paired up rather than swapped. You're perception of how other fanbases overvalue their players is twice as inflated to the way they see the Laker's fanbase.
magic wand time
Junior

Post#15 » by magic wand time » Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:40 pm

Kupchak9 wrote:Now you're just exaggerating. I have never seen a Wolves fan post an asking price of Lebron or Durant for KLove, more like have them paired up rather than swapped. You're perception of how other fanbases overvalue their players is twice as inflated to the way they see the Laker's fanbase.

People always adding words to make their point... I said this site, not Wolves fan. Do you read into everything or just make it up to support your point? And asking prices quoted on this site... Lebron, Durant, for instance:
I think Love trades need to end unless one of the following players is heading to Minny:
LBJ
Durant
As in a locked up star player.

Mattya
RealGM
And1: 6,282

Post#16 » by Mattya » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:39 pm

magic wand time wrote:
Kupchak9 wrote:Now you're just exaggerating. I have never seen a Wolves fan post an asking price of Lebron or Durant for KLove, more like have them paired up rather than swapped. You're perception of how other fanbases overvalue their players is twice as inflated to the way they see the Laker's fanbase.

People always adding words to make their point... I said this site, not Wolves fan. Do you read into everything or just make it up to support your point? And asking prices quoted on this site... Lebron, Durant, for instance:
[quote]I think Love trades need to end unless one of the following players is heading to Minny:
LBJ
Durant

This type of posting reminds me of FoxNews "reporting"
shrink
RealGM
And1: 13,966

Post#17 » by shrink » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:39 pm

magic wand time wrote:

I think Love trades need to end unless one of the following players is heading to Minny:
LBJ
Durant

.. and sometimes they subtract wording:

Trader_Joe wrote:I think Love trades need to end unless one of the following players is heading to Minny:

Anthony Davis
LBJ
Durant
Griffin
Westbrook
Melo
Monroe
M.Gasol
Harden
LMA+
Bosh+

Otherwise they truly don't have any incentive to make any moves this season.
Next season, may be a different story as he gets nearer to the end of his contract and they may want to avoid the dreaded final season before become an unrestricted FA.

From my perspective, if you're making a list of locked up stars, how do you leave LBJ and Durant off the list?

Also, notice that Trader Joe never said that was the "asking price" - he said that's what they'd need one of the stars headed to MIN. I guess I just assumed something would obviously need to be added to Love to get LBJ or Durant -- though I don't think those guys are ever going to be traded anyway. However, the point is, if he didn't put them on the list, his point would be false.
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
PetroNet
Banned User
And1: 136

Post#18 » by PetroNet » Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:15 pm

Kupchak9 wrote:Here's a different version of http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1219959

Simply said, if LA cant fetch anything for Pau, they should shop Howard for something that they actually like and is guaranteed to stay. Love has a natural affinity to LA and has always wanted to play for the Lakers. The Lakers can have better overall depth, maximize Pau's abilities and continue to have their so called *2014 plan.*

In the other deal we got Minny taking back on Gasol which isnt the direction they're going in, while in this one they don't need to give up either Dwill orAK.

BRK is getting a steal in the previous deal, in this one they're asked to take on some deadweight to even out the odds.

this trade ignores the absolute fact that Dwight would refuse to sign with the wolves. and they would be trading Love for a few month rental of howard and crappy assets from the nets in the form of what would be gauranteed 2 mid to late firsts and a horrible prospect in brooks
jscott
Veteran
And1: 916

Post#19 » by jscott » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:49 pm

PetroNet wrote:
Kupchak9 wrote:Here's a different version of http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1219959

this trade ignores the absolute fact that Dwight would refuse to sign with the wolves. and they would be trading Love for a few month rental of howard and crappy assets from the nets in the form of what would be gauranteed 2 mid to late firsts and a horrible prospect in brooks

I think you forgot how to read...

This trade proposes that Dwight goes to Brooklyn.

It's still a BS trade for MIN but you are arguing a point that isn't even being brought up.

Return to Trades and Transactions