Wolves<>Thunder<>BULLS offseason trade

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

NewWolvesOrder
Head Coach
And1: 1,262

Wolves<>Thunder<>BULLS offseason trade 

Post#1 » by NewWolvesOrder » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:28 am

Wolves trade Love for Ibaka, rights to Mirotic, Bobcats pick.

Thunder trade Ibaka for Noah

Bulls trade Noah, rights to Mirotic, Bobcats pick for Love.

Wolves move Love( a possible distraction down the road) for a young PF who fits better with Rubio and Pekovic. Ibaka is cheaper and signed for longer. They also pick up some future assets.

Thunder: Noah is better and cheaper, no brainer for them.

Bulls get to pair up Love and Rose. They pay a lot here but those two are a great partnership for years to come, plus Bulls have Gibson who brings alot of what Noah does.
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,346

Re: Wolves<>Thunder<>BULLS offseason trade 

Post#2 » by Texas Chuck » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:46 am

how does OKC turn just Ibaka into Noah?
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
NewWolvesOrder
Head Coach

Post#3 » by NewWolvesOrder » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:54 am

Texas Chuck wrote:how does OKC turn just Ibaka into Noah?

I guess they can send a pick either Wolves or Bulls way.
[RCG]
Head Coach
And1: 135

Post#4 » by [RCG] » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:21 am

It's a neat idea but:

1. I think Noah has more value than Ibaka - OKC gets too big of a steal for it to work.
2. Not sure how Bulls would feel have Boozer & Love making a combined almost $30 mil at PF w/ no C.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt
NewWolvesOrder
Head Coach

Post#5 » by NewWolvesOrder » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:28 am

[RCG] wrote:It's a neat idea but:

1. I think Noah has more value than Ibaka - OKC gets too big of a steal for it to work.
2. Not sure how Bulls would feel have Boozer & Love making a combined almost $30 mil at PF w/ no C.

I think they will have to amnesty Boozer because of lux tax.

Also Thunder may include Colison going to Chicago.
[RCG]
Head Coach
And1: 135

Post#6 » by [RCG] » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:42 am

yenrallik11 wrote:
Turnover_21 wrote:

for the reasons mentioned above i dont think this deal works

how about make it just okc/ bulls

perkins, collison (hard to give him up), TO 1st, another 1st, and lamb for noah, gibson??

Perkins, Collison, TOR 1st, OKC 1st, Lamb for Noah, Gibson.

Noah >>> Perkins
Gibson > Collison

Adding Lamb, Toronto 1st, and OKC 1st (marginal) might make this worthwhile but it'd be a tough sell to Chicago.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt
NewWolvesOrder
Head Coach

Post#7 » by NewWolvesOrder » Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:18 pm

yenrallik11 wrote:
Turnover_21 wrote:

for the reasons mentioned above i dont think this deal works

how about make it just okc/ bulls

perkins, collison (hard to give him up), TO 1st, another 1st, and lamb for noah, gibson??

Come on, that's just terrible for Chicago. They are not going to give up Noah and Gibson who are heart and sole of their team without getting a proven allstar in return. Your homerism clouds your judgement.
comingbacktousa
Rookie
And1: 116

Post#8 » by comingbacktousa » Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:18 pm

yenrallik11 wrote:
Turnover_21 wrote:Come on, that's just terrible for Chicago. They are not going to give up Noah and Gibson who are heart and sole of their team without getting a proven allstar in return. Your homerism clouds your judgement.

and your ignorance of the business side of the NBA cloud your judgement, i aint being anything of a homer. noah is my favorite center in the league and i love what he brings, gibson is great too but the cash savings and long term assets make the deal worth looking at in my opinion. perk and collison would do a fine job replacing noah gibson. i admit not to the same level but thats what lamb and the picks are for.

If the thunder can turn Perkins, Collison, Lamb, and 2 1st into Gibson and Noah, it would be a great value trade for them. It would however put them slightly over the tax line, with several holes to fill (mainly back up sg). I think a starting line-up of Westbrook, Sef, Durant, Ibaka, Noah with Gibson, Jackson, pj3 and a sg, would be enough to get the ownership to pay the tax in the first year. But the problem comes in year 2 and 3. Westbrook, Durant, Ibaka, Noah, Gibson would be locked up for around $70 million in year 2. So a minimum of around $80-85 million to fill the rest of the roster. I don't see the ownership willing to have that high of a payroll with the repeater tax sets in.

I highly doubt the bulls will agree to that. If they do it it would only be so they don't have to amnesty boozer. It really depends on how much they value the toronto pick, because its essentially a salary dump. I'm not sure what the protection is on the cha pick but this trade essentially is having them rebuild again.
BadWolf
General Manager
And1: 3,227

Post#9 » by BadWolf » Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:54 pm

Noah is better then Ibaka, but ibaka is a better fit with thunder. Pj3 is not ready and thunder don't want to move kd to of permanently.
Texas Chuck
And1: 88,346

Post#10 » by Texas Chuck » Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:41 am

BadWolf wrote:Noah is better then Ibaka, but ibaka is a better fit with thunder. Pj3 is not ready and thunder don't want to move kd to of permanently.

Nick Collison could easily take 25 PF minutes. They could also sign a cheap veteran PF since this is an offseason deal. Noah/50th best PF in the league is a better combo than Perkins/Ibaka.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.

Return to Trades and Transactions