ImageImageImageImageImage

LOL, Raps post game, Smith & Jones are drunk on BC kool-aid.

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

West Rouge
Banned User
And1: 324

Re: LOL, Raps post game, Smith & Jones are drunk on BC kool- 

Post#21 » by West Rouge » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:51 am

Toronto sports fans are the problem. They would support a piece a poop wrapped in a jersey as long as it won a couple times a year
C Court
RealGM
And1: 25,100

Post#22 » by C Court » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:51 am

No one kisses Colangelo's as$ like Paul Jones. I can't listen to him anymore.
NBA Champion Toronto Raptors
Phenomenologist
Veteran
And1: 107

Post#23 » by Phenomenologist » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:55 am

Double Helix wrote:Part of the reason BC is still around and part of the reason he still has fans is because many of the things he attempts do sound good in theory. He just hasn't seen many if those ideas pan out consistently.

A few losses in previous drafts and our team is drastically different. Winning the first in any but the Bargs draft and everything is different.

Without a doubt, the results haven't been there and ultimately that's all that matters but BC rarely frustrates in the moment of any one decision. It's only after it's turned sour that it often seems so naive in hindsight. Maybe that's because he's an expert salesman. Maybe that's because many relate to his line of thinking in theory and feel bad about his lack of luck but he's certainly likeable.

I know he should probably lose his job after this and several other disappointing seasons but deep down I'd love to see him somehow save his job with a Hail Mary play that workers short term and long. I like BC. I can often see his logic. I'm equally disappointed as any at how early things have worked out. It's really as simple ad that for me.

The only time I've ever liked one of BC's moves in theory was when he traded Araujo for Humphries. Everything else he's done during his tenure I responded to with some form of dislike, be it mild or bonafide hate. And that's because BC is a **** moron.
West Rouge
Banned User
And1: 324

Post#24 » by West Rouge » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:56 am

Centre Court wrote:No one kisses Colangelo's as$ like Paul Jones. I can't listen to him anymore.

he's annoying. He's great for all the loolipop licking kool-aid drinking fans.
zippy
Veteran
And1: 4,130

Post#25 » by zippy » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:23 am

Bryan Colangelo is by no shot an amazing General Manager, but he has some experience which in my opinion is better than no experience. What the majority of you are saying is you're willing to gamble and take a shot hiring a no name guy as our GM hoping it works out like Masai???

If Dr. J was still interested to be our GM I'd take him on, hell I'd even have Phil Jackson as our GM lol but I'm talking tangible available prospects that will absolutely guarantee success for this team! You can't just be trigger happy firing the man and replacing him with garbage.
KnickerBonkerz
Analyst
And1: 1,903

Post#26 » by KnickerBonkerz » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:39 am

I guess they do get paid to nuthug the organization but even our commentators are more in tune with reality.

Smith and Jones have never EVER said anything bad about BC or any of his moves, they're on board with everything he does. Once BC gets fired they will be talking about what a great move it is by MLSE and start supporting whoever it is they hire.
UN-Owen
Banned User
And1: 409

Post#27 » by UN-Owen » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:41 am

zippy wrote:Bryan Colangelo is by no shot an amazing General Manager, but he has some experience which in my opinion is better than no experience. What the majority of you are saying is you're willing to gamble and take a shot hiring a no name guy as our GM hoping it works out like Masai???

If Dr. J was still interested to be our GM I'd take him on, hell I'd even have Phil Jackson as our GM lol but I'm talking tangible available prospects that will absolutely guarantee success for this team! You can't just be trigger happy firing the man and replacing him with garbage.

There are thousands (yes, thousands!) of highly intelligent basketball fans who if given access to the resources at BC's disposal could implement and execute a successful plan for building a contender
Yosemite Dan
RealGM
And1: 7,893

Post#28 » by Yosemite Dan » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:53 am

That's why I love seeing Jones (who may have the most grating voice in all of sports) and Smith on PTS. Mccowan always talks down to them and calls them idiots and those 2 idiots think that Bobcat is joking but he is clearly not. Even he realizes that they are the biggest ass kissers around and doesn't need to be a basketball guy to realize these guys are licking MLSE's ass in particular because they would never find a job anywhere else if they got canned as broadcasters and at Sportsnet.

Bobcat always brings up that Bargs is useless and smirks when he hears these morons defending him.
22haytham22
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,265

Post#29 » by 22haytham22 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:00 am

Both those guys are tool bags, they make no sense when it comes to the Raptors, such damn puppets

TreadMilling Since 1995

Darain wrote:Dude is like 6-10, 6-12 at the most
But he is definitely not 7 foot
Geddy
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 78,609

Post#30 » by Geddy » Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:05 am

Yosemite Dan wrote:That's why I love seeing Jones (who may have the most grating voice in all of sports) and Smith on PTS. Mccowan always talks down to them and calls them idiots and those 2 idiots think that Bobcat is joking but he is clearly not. Even he realizes that they are the biggest ass kissers around and doesn't need to be a basketball guy to realize these guys are licking MLSE's ass in particular because they would never find a job anywhere else if they got canned as broadcasters and at Sportsnet.

Bobcat always brings up that Bargs is useless and smirks when he hears these morons defending him.

He's been doing the same with Grange lately and you can tell Grange gets uncomfortable when Bobcat keeps taking jabs at BC, Bargnani and the rest.
Inevitable wrote:Geddy is a good mod actually
nonc
Sixth Man
And1: 827

Post#31 » by nonc » Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:16 am

Yosemite Dan wrote:That's why I love seeing Jones (who may have the most grating voice in all of sports) and Smith on PTS. Mccowan always talks down to them and calls them idiots and those 2 idiots think that Bobcat is joking but he is clearly not. Even he realizes that they are the biggest ass kissers around and doesn't need to be a basketball guy to realize these guys are licking MLSE's ass in particular because they would never find a job anywhere else if they got canned as broadcasters and at Sportsnet.

LOL
LarSiN
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,117

Post#32 » by LarSiN » Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:23 am

I stopped following Smith on Twitter last year. He gets a bit of an attitude at times. What pushed it over the edge was when "Rise of the Planet of the Apes" came out and got good reviews. He saw it and hated it and kept going on about how everybody but him was wrong and that he should unfollow anyone who actually liked it. I finally saw it and really liked it (like most people). I mentioned it to him on twitter and pretty much got a "Well, you're wrong" response. I mean, you can not like a movie if you want, but to get all standoffish and stubborn in the face of 90% of people who DID like it is pretty childish.

Anyway, never been a huge fan. I also unfollowed Holly after one too many swoony tweets about various players. The last straw was when she was taking anyone to task who had issues with Lebron James, citing the fact that he was a father, so he must be a good guy. Sorry, at that time there were legit reasons to have issue with LBJ.

On the plus side there are other better Raps reporters to follow. No offense to anyone who loves Smith or Mackenzie
"I quickly cripple the triple-threat devils, disheveled I level headedly settle on spontaneous combustion tactics. Fact is, nothing is drastic or graphic. I melt the steel like blacksmiths"
team edward
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,981

Post#33 » by team edward » Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:24 am

I'm convinced the only reason BC kept his job for this current extension is because he sold MLSE on his ability to deliver Nash. Based on what they did this offseason it's clear they would have done absolutely anything in this world to get him.

Now that it's clear there is no Nash, BC's success in the eyes of the owners will depend on the team's success relative to the expectations he set for the owners. No rational person could claim this team has so far been anything must a disaster, 4 wins notwithstanding.

in 7 years BC has changed every player on the roster (including Jose - remember he traded him). He had his hands tied on one draft pick, but otherwise all picks were at his disposal. He has had money to spend on free agents several times as well as the green light to close significant deals including JO. WHen he got the job Embry had already all but wiped the slate clean for him. He could have built a full rotation solely through the draft and free agency if he had wished to do so and had made competent decisions.

Anyone that suggests that Brian Colangelo is not responsible for the state of this franchise is delusional.
Inevitable
RealGM
And1: 134,630

Post#34 » by Inevitable » Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:35 am

LarSiN wrote:
Anyway, never been a huge fan. I also unfollowed Holly after one too many swoony tweets about various players. The last straw was when she was taking anyone to task who had issues with Lebron James, citing the fact that he was a father, so he must be a good guy. Sorry, at that time there were legit reasons to have issue with LBJ.

On the plus side there are other better Raps reporters to follow. No offense to anyone who loves Smith or Mackenzie

I remember (some media-day I believe) when Holly was interviewing some players and took them to the side away from most of the media personnel and posters here were ragging on her for that behaviour :lol:
Volcano
RealGM
And1: 7,780

Post#35 » by Volcano » Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:59 am

zippy wrote:Please name someone with experience that you can guarantee will turn this team into a contender?

I'm glad its not up to you either, you seem emotionally unstable.

It's not supposed to be his job to look for candidates now is it? You're telling a customer at a supermarket that he's not equipped to source supplies and inventories because he's complaining about rotten fruit.

Double Helix wrote:Part of the reason BC is still around and part of the reason he still has fans is because many of the things he attempts do sound good in theory. He just hasn't seen many if those ideas pan out consistently.

WRONG.

Most of his ideas were terrible in theory. The reason you agree with him is because your sense of logic is skewed like his. That's why both of you had to concede to the downfall of Bargs even though everyone else saw it coming a mile away.

The GM should not be allowed to have a SINGLE decision that's horrible in theory. This is his job. If he does something that's obviously mindnumbingly stupid to everyone involved in the game, then he doesn't deserve to keep his job.
SharoneWright
RealGM
And1: 12,495
Location: A low-variance future conducive to raising children

Post#36 » by SharoneWright » Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:45 am

Phenomenologist wrote:It's pretty simple. If BC gets extended or remains on as president, I simply won't follow this team anymore. Enuf is **** enuf.

I don't cheer for a General Manager.
Is anybody here a marine biologist?
Scase
General Manager
And1: 7,209

Post#37 » by Scase » Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:58 am

A few losses in previous drafts and our team is drastically different. Winning the first in any but the Bargs draft and everything is different.

Without a doubt, the results haven't been there and ultimately that's all that matters but BC rarely frustrates in the moment of any one decision. It's only after it's turned sour that it often seems so naive in hindsight. Maybe that's because he's an expert salesman. Maybe that's because many relate to his line of thinking in theory and feel bad about his lack of luck but he's certainly likeable.

I know he should probably lose his job after this and several other disappointing seasons but deep down I'd love to see him somehow save his job with a Hail Mary play that workers short term and long. I like BC. I can often see his logic. I'm equally disappointed as any at how early things have worked out. It's really as simple ad that for me.

Think about this one thing.

How bad do you really have to be, to not have one successful outing over the course of 7 years. We all know the reason we won the division title is directly related to it being called the titanic division that year. It was hard NOT to win it.

SharoneWright wrote:
Phenomenologist wrote:It's pretty simple. If BC gets extended or remains on as president, I simply won't follow this team anymore. Enuf is **** enuf.

I don't cheer for a General Manager.

No you cheer for a horrible team that will stay horrible BECAUSE of said GM.
Props TZ!
NYPDinformant
Junior
And1: 25

Post#38 » by NYPDinformant » Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:05 am

this is what happens when the everything is wrapped up into one ownership group

nobody wants to bite the hand that feeds them
Waylon Mercy
Banned User
And1: 6,644