ImageImageImageImageImage

Melo out at least 1 game

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

emo
RealGM
And1: 4,732

Re: Melo out at least 1 game 

Post#21 » by emo » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:39 am

With Melo, when it rains it pours.

He seems to have some bad luck recently with racking up multiple injuries @ the same time.
Guano wrote:Will be interesting to see how this place transitions from killing Melo to turning on KP. I'm hoping Frank shows out so we can divide into Frank vs KP factions. That should be fun.
fdr2012
Banned User
And1: 70

Post#22 » by fdr2012 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:02 am

People here are seriously freaking out over nothing. Melo had a mild ankle sprain. This is an injury that happens to just about every player in the league, at least once a season. Players don't usually miss time over this kind of sprain.

Lets all relax with the Melodrama here. Melo will be fine. I think we'll have a tough time beating the Cavs without him, but I guess we're in a position to take that risk.

P.S. - Dwight should have been called for the flagrant there - he did not go for the ball.
Miked1958
Bench Warmer
And1: 132

Post#23 » by Miked1958 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:25 pm

suicidedeuce wrote:
Miked1958 wrote:yes sorry.. Inactive is the correct word. They both are worth holding onto. They have shown some flashes in little time allotted to them

Just to be clear. Stat, Shump,, White and Copeland are all already on the kNicks 15 man roster. Despite being inactive, Stat and Shump don't have to be added, therefore no one is in danger of being let go.

Assuming everyone is healthy, White will always certainly not be among the active 13. Copeland may be making a case to stay on the active roster over Camby or Thomas, unless one of them starts breaking out.

Thanks for clearing that up for me. I am un familiar with how nba rosters work. So it's like footballs 53. As long as you are part of the main roster and never came off the 53 (like Canty) then nothing special has to be done to bring you back. Just have to sit a guy a GameDay that was active prior to the injured player coming back.. Got it thanks
Ursusamericanus
Veteran
And1: 2,466

Post#24 » by Ursusamericanus » Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:56 pm

It only looked remotely unnatural because he fell on his leg and it sort of bent backwards. But nothing really bent laterally our out of place besides his ankle - to a very mild degree. Everything went as it should have. Thank goodness it wasn't his knee. When I saw the replay, I more or less thought "that probably hurt", but I think it was a far cry from a seriously catastrophic fall. If you guys also play ball I'm sure you've had some falls while driving to the hoop where you land semi-awkwardly but it's nothing more than a mild sprain.

Guaranteed he'll be back for the Rockets.
Leaguepass
Starter
And1: 134

Post#25 » by Leaguepass » Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:04 pm

If he's lobbying to play again the injury can't be THAT bad thankfully. I was REALLY REALLY worried. Just shows you how quick a season can turn through injuries. I swear I really , sincerely hat injuries. They take so much away.....I wish there was a way to eliminate injuries from the game...
1Hugo7
Senior
And1: 14

Post#26 » by 1Hugo7 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:27 pm

Looking forward to seeing Felton take 25+ shots.

Return to New York Knicks