Phi/Den: Wright+ Noh 2nd for Moz

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,479

Phi/Den: Wright+ Noh 2nd for Moz 

Post#1 » by HartfordWhalers » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:58 am

Title said it:

Phi Out: Wright (4.1m expiring) + Noh 2nd.
Phi In: Mozgov (3.1m expiring)

Denver Out: Mozgov (3.1m expiring)
Denver In: Wright (4.1m expiring) + Noh 2nd.

Reasons:

Philly:
Philly's bigs are atrocious, and right now they are looking to possibly be the 9 seed. And while that would mean keeping their 1st round draft pick and could be a better long run move, I see the team pushing in on being in the playoffs and losing the pick now versus later (or never).

Denver:
Get a high 2nd rounder. And Wright has some value, either as a great match with Iguodala spelling Gallo, or as trad bait if Chandler recovers. Meanwhile are just giving up a 3rd string center barely contributing (12mpg).
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,346

Re: Phi/Den: Wright+ Noh 2nd for Moz 

Post#2 » by Texas Chuck » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:25 am

does Philly still have available cash to trade? I think if Philly added at least the pro-rated salary difference it would help.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Foshan
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 1,938

Post#3 » by Foshan » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:34 am

From a philly perspective, I would really just rather throw Moultrie in there and let him learn it then pay (even though very little) for another 3rd-rate back up to come in and play. Imagine if we'd given Vucevic a bit more burn before we moved him, realized that we had a big who could actually rebound ... /sigh
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#4 » by The Rebel » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:43 am

I could see both teams doing this deal.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#5 » by The Rebel » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:45 am

Foshan wrote:From a philly perspective, I would really just rather throw Moultrie in there and let him learn it then pay (even though very little) for another 3rd-rate back up to come in and play. Imagine if we'd given Vucevic a bit more burn before we moved him, realized that we had a big who could actually rebound ... /sigh

Mozgov has stone hands but he is a very solid defender, and not a horrible all around player, just hard to get burn with the Nuggets right now.
HartfordWhalers
And1: 20,479

Post#6 » by HartfordWhalers » Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:19 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:does Philly still have available cash to trade? I think if Philly added at least the pro-rated salary difference it would help.

All of it.
Foshan
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 1,938

Post#7 » by Foshan » Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:52 pm

The Rebel wrote:
Foshan wrote:From a philly perspective, I would really just rather throw Moultrie in there and let him learn it then pay (even though very little) for another 3rd-rate back up to come in and play. Imagine if we'd given Vucevic a bit more burn before we moved him, realized that we had a big who could actually rebound ... /sigh

Mozgov has stone hands but he is a very solid defender, and not a horrible all around player, just hard to get burn with the Nuggets right now.

I get ya, and I wouldn't be against this (I would KOTB: Yes :)) I am just frustrated a bit with Doug that he's not giving our pick some PT. /shrug

Return to Trades and Transactions