[RCG]
Head Coach
And1: 135

Re: Wolves at Hornets, 7:00 PM 

Post#301 » by [RCG] » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:09 am

Mattya wrote:
Klomp wrote:
TwolvesNow ‏@Twolvesnow

Never seen K-Love so down. Despite T-Wolves' road win at New Orleans, Love despondent over thumb injury on same hand he broke in Oct.

Jerry Zgoda ‏@JerryZgoda

KL on thumb: "I’m not concerned because we won. Two games above .500, guys played great. I’m not concerned."

I guess I don't understand why he would be so down if the xrays were negative.

Perhaps he'll miss a couple games? Any kind of sprain can linger indefinitely, especially when it is an opposable joint like the thumb. It is really easy to keep spraining it, and it looked like a particularly nasty sprain to begin with. But I get what you're saying. Perhaps he's just frustrated that he just came back from a broken hand to re-injure the same hand so soon?
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,569

Post#302 » by Klomp » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:28 am

I've been watching some Rubio footage from last year. One of the things I've noticed especially playing with Love is that he delivers the ball to the exact place it needs to be. While watching some attempts tonight, when Love spots up and gets the pass, he is having to reach left or right to get the ball, which messes up timing. Not using this as an excuse for his entirety of poor play, but it could be something subtle like that when Rubio returns (tomorrow?!) that can make a difference in Kevin's play.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#303 » by Klomp » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:30 am

OK that Williams oop was sick! Ricky who?!
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#304 » by Klomp » Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:00 am

AEROFLOT!

boogie-reke
Head Coach
And1: 244

Post#305 » by boogie-reke » Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:15 am

Just dropped by to say you guys are my favorite team to watch this year.

Any team coached by Rick is on default that, but really with the addition of AK47, you guys are just spectacular in the half-court offense and in general. Just amazing stuff.

The movement, the passing, the ridiculously high IQ in the game and the simplicity of it all - Awesome stuff.

Andrei is probably the guy I enjoy watching the most in the entire league - the man just understands the game and makes it so simple, plays so quick yet really within himself - and don't get me started defensively.. what magnificent player and coup for you guys.

I can only be sad the Kings didn't grab him when we had a chance the last 2 years - but on the other hand if I ever wanted to see him play for anyone, it's under Rick.

Can't wait for Rubio's return.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#306 » by Klomp » Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:36 am

Good win, boys!

southern wolf
General Manager
And1: 2,163

Post#307 » by southern wolf » Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:31 am

NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIKOLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

[RCG] wrote:Perhaps he's just frustrated that he just came back from a broken hand to re-injure the same hand so soon?

This. It's just another little set back for him when he was already struggling with form and fitness and he's probably had to read a bit of hate mail in the last week.

Good win, but if we have any more injuries I'm going to break down! Particularly if it's to one of Pek, AK, Shved or Rubio.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 13,957

Post#308 » by shrink » Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:10 pm

Mattya wrote:
Klomp wrote:
TwolvesNow ‏@Twolvesnow

Never seen K-Love so down. Despite T-Wolves' road win at New Orleans, Love despondent over thumb injury on same hand he broke in Oct.

Jerry Zgoda ‏@JerryZgoda

KL on thumb: "I’m not concerned because we won. Two games above .500, guys played great. I’m not concerned."

I guess I don't understand why he would be so down if the xrays were negative.

Because he's not a team player?
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,467

Post#309 » by Worm Guts » Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:31 pm

He's playing poorly, he's hurt again, and everybody hates him.Gee, I wonder why he would be down?
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Post#310 » by C.lupus » Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:52 pm

I'd be more concerned if he wasn't down actually.
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#311 » by C.lupus » Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:55 pm

boogie-reke wrote:Just dropped by to say you guys are my favorite team to watch this year.

Any team coached by Rick is on default that, but really with the addition of AK47, you guys are just spectacular in the half-court offense and in general. Just amazing stuff.

The movement, the passing, the ridiculously high IQ in the game and the simplicity of it all - Awesome stuff.

Andrei is probably the guy I enjoy watching the most in the entire league - the man just understands the game and makes it so simple, plays so quick yet really within himself - and don't get me started defensively.. what magnificent player and coup for you guys.

I can only be sad the Kings didn't grab him when we had a chance the last 2 years - but on the other hand if I ever wanted to see him play for anyone, it's under Rick.

Can't wait for Rubio's return.

Thanks man. If only they could get healthy. :( Hopefully you won't have to wait another day for Ricky's return.
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#312 » by C.lupus » Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:57 pm

Klomp wrote:OK that Williams oop was sick! Ricky who?!

Luke had a good game and a couple really nice passes. The two long rests in the past few weeks must have really helped his back.
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#313 » by Devilzsidewalk » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:11 pm

Worm Guts wrote:He's playing poorly, he's hurt again, and everybody hates him.Gee, I wonder why he would be down?

C.lupus wrote:I'd be more concerned if he wasn't down actually.

i'm craving waffles right now - you know when the hot maple syrup starts mixing with the butter and its like melted gold seeping into the crevices of that glorious grid-shaped pancake and you're like "my compliments to the chef!"

Everytime I go to the thrift store I see waffle irons and I figure "nah, how often would I ever use it..." and I pass on what seems like a frivolous purchase, but now, BIG mistake.
I have syrup, I have flour, I have butter, and I have zero waffle manufacturing infrastructure in place to take advantage of the situation.

My point is I totally get how Kevin Love is feeling right now.
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#314 » by C.lupus » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:14 pm

Dammit. Now I'm hungry.
Mattya
RealGM
And1: 6,282

Post#315 » by Mattya » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:19 pm

Worm Guts wrote:He's playing poorly, he's hurt again, and everybody hates him.Gee, I wonder why he would be down?

He is playing poorly, he is hurt again but it could have been worse, and he deserves the hate. If anything he should be down about playing like crap, not that he has what seems to be a minor injury in which it could have been worse.
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,467

Post#316 » by Worm Guts » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:38 pm

Mattya wrote:

He is playing poorly, he is hurt again but it could have been worse, and he deserves the hate. If anything he should be down about playing like crap, not that he has what seems to be a minor injury in which it could have been worse.

He's had two of his worst games since the interview came out. There's a legitimate chance the backlash is affecting him
Mattya
RealGM
And1: 6,282

Post#317 » by Mattya » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:39 pm

Worm Guts wrote:
Mattya wrote:

He's had two of his worst games since the interview came out. There's a legitimate chance the backlash is affecting him

Good, hopefully he will stop speaking or speak better about his team, and realize how good his team is and play better.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves