BK/LAL - Dwight gets his wish...

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

Trader_Joe
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,948

BK/LAL - Dwight gets his wish... 

Post#1 » by Trader_Joe » Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:07 am

..to play with D.Will

After January 15

D.Will, Hump, Childress, Bogans
for
Nash, Gasol, Clark, Ebanks, MEM #2

Nets
Nash / Watson / Taylor
Johnson / Brooks / Stackhouse
Wallace / Ebanks / Shengelia
Gasol / Evans / Teletovic
Lopez / Blatche / Clark

Nets go all out and try to win a title this year. Fully healthy they would have arguably the best starting 5 in the game.However, the odds of them all being healthy are not high, and their window all of 2 years. However JJ and Wallace are already past their primes as well and 2 of their top 4 players. They still have plenty of assets like all their first rounders, Brooks, Euros etc to try to make another upgrade. Imagine a Nash / Kidd rivalry in NY at age 40?

Lakers
D.Will / Duhon / Blake
Kobe / Meeks / Odom
MWP / Childress / Bogans
Jamison / Humphries
Dwight / Hill / Sacre

LA makes the original pairing happen, and they would look to add Love to that when his contract is up....or a marquee FA in 2014 when everyone other than Deron and Dwight would expire.
Mikhail Prokhorov wrote:My posse usually needs another vacation after a vacation with me.
Trader_Joe
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Re: BK/LAL - Dwight gets his wish... 

Post#2 » by Trader_Joe » Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:11 am

I still would want more value from LA...unfortunately, they don't have any.
It would be much smarter to try to solely get Gasol, but I'm not sure they could without using a core 4 piece.

Again, assuming full health, BK improves significantly given Gasol is 10x the player Humphries is and D.Will has shot the ball horribly this season. If they could also trade coaches, I think both teams improve..so maybe I should add..

D'Antoni
For
Avery

Portion.
Mikhail Prokhorov wrote:My posse usually needs another vacation after a vacation with me.
witnessraps
RealGM
And1: 4,650

Post#3 » by witnessraps » Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:17 am

This is atrociously bad for the Nets. You don't trade a superstar PG in his prime for a 38 year old one, and a Humphries/Gasol swap isn't enough to offset that.
Trader_Joe
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#4 » by Trader_Joe » Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:20 am

witnessraps wrote:This is atrociously bad for the Nets. You don't trade a superstar PG in his prime for a 38 year old one, and a Humphries/Gasol swap isn't enough to offset that.

I've realized Deron is not a superstar PG, and he's clearly not in his prime even if he should be.

Also, the Nets get Nash and Gasol without trading any of who have been their 3 best players.
witnessraps
RealGM
And1: 4,650

Post#5 » by witnessraps » Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:35 am

Trader_Joe wrote:
witnessraps wrote:This is atrociously bad for the Nets. You don't trade a superstar PG in his prime for a 38 year old one, and a Humphries/Gasol swap isn't enough to offset that.

I've realized Deron is not a superstar PG, and he's clearly not in his prime even if he should be.

Also, the Nets get Nash and Gasol without trading any of who have been their 3 best players.

well you've seen Deron play more than I have this year. If you're satisfied with only getting a few years of a most likely banged up Nash then it's not that bad. My biggest concern for the Nets for this trade is long-term in 3 years.
hazy_01
Rookie
And1: 362

Post#6 » by hazy_01 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:36 am

Lakers say hell yeh
magic wand time
Junior
And1: 6

Post#7 » by magic wand time » Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:41 am

Funny that Nets fan being told by non-Nets fan hia trade is terrible for Nets.

Btw, LA says do it Mitch.
milesfides wrote:If I were management and I saw one of my players crying, tweeting, and listening to Drake, I would punch him in the face.

Stern's Legacy in two words: BASKETBALL REASONS {the NBA's future instantly changed}
kobe_vs_jordan
General Manager
And1: 4,476

Post#8 » by kobe_vs_jordan » Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:47 am

Like the idea but doubt it makes the Lakers better on the offensive or defensive end. Could see the Lakers doing it to appease Dwight is they worried he will bolt.
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,346

Post#9 » by Texas Chuck » Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:09 pm

Trader_Joe wrote:

I love posters who are realistic about their teams and players. It makes for much better threads and discussions.

Im trying to wrap my head around this concept. I think it makes the Nets considerably better but I worry about how that new roster would match up against either the Knicks or Heat. Still if Avery would completely turn over the offense to Nash the idea really intrigues me.

From the Lakers side its basically saying a healthy DWill is worth more than injured Nash and Gasol--essentially saying they dont think those guys can get back up to speed in time to salvage the season. I dont think they are as talented after the trade but maybe it works better with more defined roles. I think Id likely pass for LAL but its interesting.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
PetroNet
Banned User
And1: 136

Post#10 » by PetroNet » Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:12 pm

Trader_Joe wrote:

that is a FAIL statement.

Dwill hasnt played well, but he is still an excellent player. Nash, if you havent noticed is pushing 40 and hasnt even seen the court. you know what the biggest difference between the 2 is? one of them is capable of playing through injury.

Gasol at this point is no prize either. he may have chronic injuries, and really isnt a great fit next to lopez anyhow.

no way in hell i even consider this trade. we give up the best and youngest player in the deal and get 2 guys who havent even been playing
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#11 » by Devilzsidewalk » Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:20 pm

damn, he said your statement is fail bro. And he did that thing where he made the letters all big and capitalized for added emphasis just to make it stick in your craw.
Trader_Joe
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#12 » by Trader_Joe » Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:25 pm

PetroNet wrote:
Trader_Joe wrote:

that is a FAIL statement.

Dwill hasnt played well, but he is still an excellent player. Nash, if you havent noticed is pushing 40 and hasnt even seen the court. you know what the biggest difference between the 2 is? one of them is capable of playing through injury.

Gasol at this point is no prize either. he may have chronic injuries, and really isnt a great fit next to lopez anyhow.

no way in hell i even consider this trade. we give up the best and youngest player in the deal and get 2 guys who havent even been playing

D.Will hasn't played well in what is going on two years now, or ever since he came to the Nets. When does that simply become who he is? A poor shooting, defensively porous player who may have peaked already?

Meanwhile look at what Kidd is doing for NY or even what Nash did in Phoenix last season. He's barely been able to find a grove in LA, much like Pau. I don't know if there are two better buy low opportunities out there. Meanwhile, who do we have that is a good fit next to Lopez? Certainly not our $12m benched power forward Humphries.

Sure Deron plays through pain...but he probably shouldn't as is due for surgery for bone spurs at some point. When healthy that team would be on par with anyone IMHO. It's all about the now in BK anyway...why not?
HelloBrooklyn
Rookie
And1: 68

Post#13 » by HelloBrooklyn » Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:43 pm

D-WIll has been the sole problem for Brooklyn and I agree with you. However, I still wouldn't trade him for Nash and Gasol. I would rather sell high for him and look for another player. For example, we can swap Rondo for D-WIll. which make sense for both teams.
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,109

Post#14 » by Dr Aki » Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:48 pm

yes please
warren weel im
Lead Assistant
And1: 307

Post#15 » by warren weel im » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:29 pm

The fit of Deron and Dwight is just too good to pass up. Even if the Lakers miss out this year because of this deal, I think we have just ensured a future. So consider me on board.

Plus, I've always admired Deron's game esp if its playing beside Dwight. Dream come true.
Trader_Joe
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#16 » by Trader_Joe » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:33 pm

Wow.. you guys are even worse with the picks than us! No 1st or 2nds to trade other than the MEM #2. I'm trying to find more value, but there really isn't any other than Hill instead of Clark.. I guess.
SirHuey
General Manager
And1: 2,737

Post#17 » by SirHuey » Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:01 pm

So basically Nets would've traded Favors, Kanter, Another first pick, Harris for Gasol and Nash?
Trader_Joe
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#18 » by Trader_Joe » Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:07 pm

MeloisMVP wrote:So basically Nets would've traded Favors, Kanter, Another first pick, Harris for Gasol and Nash?

Not sure why you want to look at it that way as it's about improving the team.

And why stop there?
They also traded Okur, Barnes, Shawne W, Morrow, Stevenson, Farmar, Petro, J.Williams for Wallace, JJ, Evans.

Harris / Farmar / Taylor
Brooks / Morrow / Stevenson
Barnes / Shengelia
Favors / Blatche / J.Williams
Lopez / Kanter / Petro

Probably wasn't wining much any time soon.
Quackenboss
Rookie
And1: 8

Post#19 » by Quackenboss » Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:02 pm

Trader_Joe wrote:Nets
Nash / Watson / Taylor
Johnson / Brooks / Stackhouse
Wallace / Ebanks / Shengelia
Gasol / Evans / Teletovic
Lopez / Blatche / Clark

Nets go all out and try to win a title this year. Fully healthy they would have arguably the best starting 5 in the game.However, the odds of them all being healthy are not high, and their window all of 2 years. However JJ and Wallace are already past their primes as well and 2 of their top 4 players. They still have plenty of assets like all their first rounders, Brooks, Euros etc to try to make another upgrade. Imagine a Nash / Kidd rivalry in NY at age 40?

Yeah, I don't see it. And I don't think Nash and those guys have enough time to really gel to make them more than the sum of their parts and be a legit contender.

I know Deron has been disappointing as of late, but I still think the Nets' best shot at contending involves pairing Deron with a(nother) top-15-20 player and hoping Deron pulls it together. Maybe Gasol, but I'd be aiming for Dirk.
PetroNet
Banned User
And1: 136

Post#20 » by PetroNet » Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:31 pm

Trader_Joe wrote:D.Will hasn't played well in what is going on two years now, or ever since he came to the Nets. When does that simply become who he is? A poor shooting, defensively porous player who may have peaked already?

he hasnt played well is firs toff, an overstatement. he hasnt played well be his elite standards. he has still been an 18/8 guy for us. despite playing through injury and on one of the worst teams of the decade. his defense this season has been anything but porous. its been quite good. and, all while playing through injury.
Meanwhile look at what Kidd is doing for NY

what has kidd done? he isnt asked to do anything but hit open 3's. granted, he has done it, but to compare the roles of the 2 is apples and oranges.

or even what Nash did in Phoenix last season. He's barely been able to find a grove in LA, much like Pau. I don't know if there are two better buy low opportunities out there. Meanwhile, who do we have that is a good fit next to Lopez? Certainly not our $12m benched power forward Humphries.

forget last year in phoenix...that was LAST YEAR. how about what he has done now... you think deron is playing poorly. at least he is fighting through injuries and giving us 30 mpg. nash isnt even on the court.

Buy low? of course you are buying low. nash is 40! Pau is old and now fighting injuries. its not buying low, its throwing away assets for guys who are old and who will only get worse. not to mention they give us at best a 2 year window, and when they are gone, we dont really get cap relief because with JJ and others we are still over the cap.

Sure Deron plays through pain...but he probably shouldn't as is due for surgery for bone spurs at some point. When healthy that team would be on par with anyone IMHO. It's all about the now in BK anyway...why not?

why shouldnt he play through pain? he is helping the team. i know he isnt playing well, but i take dwill playing poorly then most PG's at their best.

stop being an over reactionary school girl and have some patience.

Return to Trades and Transactions