The Rockets should just trade Lin

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

MKL
Sixth Man
And1: 227

Re: The Rockets should just trade Lin 

Post#121 » by MKL » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:41 am

aether1234 wrote:Truth hurts.

Ignorance is bliss... for some obviously.
NBA fan for over 30 years. Please don't get rustled, live in peace.
Zubby
General Manager
And1: 835

Post#122 » by Zubby » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:41 am

MKL wrote:
I'm sure McHale is happy with Harden. Lowry was the oddman out last year. This year it's Lin. I'm not saying McHale is wrong. Just pointing out how he handes PGs.

You're talking out your ass
You don't even know what happened between Lowry & McHale. It was never reported. What is it McHale's fault Lowry got a bacterial infection, which kept him out for like 6 weeks?

You pointed out the turnover at the PG position... what about the large turnover rate at every other position
AggO wrote:the rockets are so boring to watch it's actually amazing.

Harden brings ball upcourt

passes it to Lin at 3pt line

lin dribbles a bit

no moving by anyone

lin passes ball to harden

harden goes iso and takes a shot.

i mean, lin's strength is dribble penetration, yet they refuse to run ball screens or PNR with a bigman like Asik whose a legit 7 footer that cant be guarded by anyone on the BOS roster in the PNR?

truly astounding.

Asik has stone hands...
At anyrate offense is not the problem.

Rockets are a top 3 team in ppg
I mean seriously how many points did they drop on the Knicks?
MKL
Sixth Man

Post#123 » by MKL » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:52 am

Zubby wrote:
MKL wrote:
I'm sure McHale is happy with Harden. Lowry was the oddman out last year. This year it's Lin. I'm not saying McHale is wrong. Just pointing out how he handes PGs.

You're talking out your ass
You don't even know what happened between Lowry & McHale. It was never reported. What is it McHale's fault Lowry got a bacterial infection, which kept him out for like 6 weeks?

You pointed out the turnover at the PG position... what about the large turnover rate at every other position

You're an ass that doesn't listen. How more do I need to spell it out for you?

McHale plays the PG that he believe win games. HARDEN

The previous season, Dragic made Lowry redundant. You think McHale lose sleep over getting them both on the court the same time?

What is your point? You seem to say that Douglas is better PG than Lin, I agree that Douglas is better SG that plays with Harden at PG. Douglas posted ZERO assists in 25 minutes!

I'm saying McHale doesn't develop PGs, especially when he already have Harden on the team. McHale is a bad coach for Lin and wouldn't be surprised that Lin gets traded.

Nothing I say is shocking right?
MKL
Sixth Man

Post#124 » by MKL » Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:00 am

Personal attack. Check your PM.
Zubby
General Manager
And1: 835

Post#125 » by Zubby » Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:07 am

MKL wrote:
You're an ass that doesn't listen. How more do I need to spell it out for you?

McHale plays the PG that he believe win games. HARDEN

The previous season, Dragic made Lowry redundant. You think McHale lose sleep over getting them both on the court the same time?

What is your point? You seem to say that Douglas is better PG than Lin, I agree that Douglas is better SG that plays with Harden at PG. Douglas posted ZERO assists in 25 minutes!

I'm saying McHale doesn't develop PGs, especially when he already have Harden on the team. McHale is a bad coach for Lin and wouldn't be surprised that Lin gets traded.

Nothing I say is shocking right?

Well can't really "listen" on an internet forum can I?
You fabricating so many things on this team and last years its ridiculous.

The way you rant you would think the team Lin is on lost. My point is Houston won.
You would be happier if lin had a big game and his team lost which is quite sad.
McHale doesn't develop PGs... yeat Dragic and Lowry both had great years in 2011...

I will say this again... Lin looks a lot like Lowry in his 1st year at Houston.
Morey always sells high at anyrate if there is a trade for Lin its not this season.
Kupchak9
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,492

Post#126 » by Kupchak9 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:31 am

Lin plays the Nash role in a Kobe-hero ball offense
inquisitive
RealGM
And1: 2,838

Post#127 » by inquisitive » Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:44 am

Aki wrote:lin and parsons (+money filler) for gasol straight up

nah...Asik + Lin for D12...sounds fair.. :wink:
KARD "You n Me " Mnet Countdown
www.youtube.com/watch?v=77b3zg3OhgI
CU_NY09
Bench Warmer
And1: 84

Post#128 » by CU_NY09 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:56 am

I rarely reply to Lin-related threads in the general forum but I had to after watching tonight's game. There was no reason for Mchale to keep Lin out the entire 4th qtr. His defense was very good, he contained Rondo/Terry and TD's defense wasn't any better. In the 4th qtr, Mchale could have brought Lin back in the game with Harden; at that point Lin had 5pts/7ast and TD had 5pt/0ast but he kept Lin out.

The excuse that TD was hot in the 4th qtr isn't accurate either. He made a layup at the 10 minute mark and didn't score again (or have an assist) until the 3 min mark. Prior to that score at that 3 min mark, Doc had already begun taking the starters out (KG first) and the Rockets had an 8 pt lead.

People keep pointing to TD's improved fg% but Lin's fg% has improved as well. If your bench player's fg% has gone up, does that mean that you should play him more minutes, at the most crucial times over your starter (who's also shown improvement)? I don't understand the logic behind tonight's coaching decisions.
Hawaii
Pro Prospect
And1: 21

Post#129 » by Hawaii » Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:07 am

No way should the Rockets part with Lin. Have patience, the season is still young.
Kupchak9
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,492

Post#130 » by Kupchak9 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:16 am

I'd imagine the amount of revenue the Rockets gain off Lin is more than 5 times the amount they pay for his services.
rockmanslim
General Manager
And1: 5,011

Post#131 » by rockmanslim » Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:18 am

sirdeadcat wrote:
TexansFanatic wrote:lol... Again with this?

Apparently if a player isn't played, that makes an organization bad. Seriously? Where is the logic?

It was just a bizzare decision. How many teams bench their starting point guard for a guy shooting 37% for the season? Tony Douglas played 24 minutes and had 0 assists. He was 1-6 going into the 4th. AND he played terrible defense tonight.

So far this season Douglas has a .537 TS%, while Lin has a .487 TS%

rotation players TS% for the season

Code: Select all

Greg Smith        0.670
James Harden      0.580
Chandler Parsons  0.571
Patrick Patterson 0.542
Toney Douglas     0.537
Omer Asik         0.522
Marcus Morris     0.515
Jeremy Lin        0.487
Carlos Delfino    0.478
Daequan Cook      0.464
Greg Smith :eek2:

For just the month of December, Lin has a very good TS% of 0.552.

But Toney Douglas' December TS% is a scorching 0.630!

If this keeps up, it's starting to become apparent that Douglas' shooting woes last season were due to him still recovering from his shoulder surgeries (plural) during the lockout. He still can't dribble or pass to save his life, but the return to form of Douglas' shooting touch makes Douglas a better fit next to Harden and his iso ball domination.

Lin should be brought off the bench as the 6th man or traded.
click

"Harden's a guy that averages 26 in the NBA, but if he was on the playground with you he'd only average about 5 because they wouldn't let him get those free throws." --Scott Hastings, April 6, 2013

dznutzz
Bench Warmer
And1: 122

Post#132 » by dznutzz » Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:26 am

rockets are not letting yao ming light go
LarsV8
General Manager
And1: 3,835

Post#133 » by LarsV8 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:26 am

Toney Douglas plays more because he gives the Rockets a better shot to win.
co_laper
General Manager
And1: 331

Post#134 » by co_laper » Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:57 am

OptimusOne6 wrote:
DLaren wrote:Lin should consider himself extremely fortunate to be with the Houston Rockets. I just took a quick glance around the league and I can't find another team that Lin could force a trade to, and start for.

In the perfect world, what team would you have him traded to?

He doesn't have to start for teams, he just needs to be put in a team and in a system where he will do well and be utilized correctly.

The Lakers would be the perfect team because he would play under D'Antoni, he would learn from Steve Nash, and he would be one of their building blocks along with Dwight Howard.

I could see him doing well in other teams too like Grizzlies, Magic, Hornets, etc.

Enlighten me.

Just exactly what system does Lin need and how should he be utilized?
OptimusOne6
Junior
And1: 23

Post#135 » by OptimusOne6 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:04 am

co_laper wrote:
Enlighten me.

Just exactly what system does Lin need and how should he be utilized?

He should be the primary ball-handler/playmaker on the team like most good PGs are.

Then again I remember I read a post from you and you said that you think Lin should be a spot-up shooter and off-ball player instead of Harden despite the fact that Harden is a good shooter and Lin is a bad shooter. What is even more funny is that Lin is also a better playmaker/passer than Harden is too.
jjscap
Bench Warmer
And1: 323

Post#136 » by jjscap » Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:39 am

Aki wrote:lin and parsons (+money filler) for gasol straight up

Parsons is not going anywhere.
I also think Rockets have been too harsh on Lin.. Every time I check the new I see they're complaining about him. They said he was too lazy to recover from his injury.. Not determined enough.. And they bench him in 4th even when he is playing good ball. A bit patience would be nice. This guy is almost like a rookie with limited experience, returning from a serious injury and trying to adapt to a new role in a new team.
realgm1980
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#137 » by realgm1980 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:40 am

CoachKobe
Rookie
And1: 312

Post#138 » by CoachKobe » Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:06 pm

it's all publicity, the whole signing.
he's just not an above average player and should consider himself lucky to be a starting pg in this league. closing out games? lol, plz, rewatch that 3pa vs miami.
he got his 15 minutes of fame but that's about it.
unfortunately, people still talk about him. i mean, there are more postings about lin in this thread than about westbrook in the entire season. what's that all about? when will it stop? there's a reason why it's called 15 minutes of fame...
kingkirk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,765

Post#139 » by kingkirk » Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:17 pm

CoachKobe wrote:it's all publicity, the whole signing.
he's just not an above average player and should consider himself lucky to be a starting pg in this league. closing out games? lol, plz, rewatch that 3pa vs miami.
he got his 15 minutes of fame but that's about it.
unfortunately, people still talk about him. i mean, there are more postings about lin in this thread than about westbrook in the entire season. what's that all about? when will it stop? there's a reason why it's called 15 minutes of fame...

Nonsense.

A guy who drops 38 a few games ago against the Spurs and who had that run that he had last season is more than a capable starter in this league.

Like most players, if you don't allow them to play their natural game and put them in situations to excel within themselves, their value drops.

The kid can play. His big games haven't been flukes.

I honestly don't know what the Rockets do well on offense.

It seems to disorganised, static and unplanned at times.
abark
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,416

Post#140 » by abark » Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:30 pm

Lin has struggled to fit in both systems he has played in. His greatest moments have come when superior players on his team were injured and he was allowed to freelance. Its great that he can play so well when given a full green light, but it has to be concerning that he can't seem to coexist with a star player. A lot of much better players have been left behind because they couldn't fit in. I agree that Lin isn't being utilized best, but a coach's top priority should not be finding a way to best utilize a guy who might not even be one of the 3 best players on the team.

Return to The General Board