Suns/Blazers/Nuggets

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

torotoe
Sixth Man
And1: 184

Re: Suns/Blazers/Nuggets 

Post#21 » by torotoe » Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:51 am

Kerrsed wrote:Suns would pass. I like Batum and all, but the Suns are going to need a C that can be a starter or one who has the potential to grow into a starting caliber C, and Mozgov is not that guy. He might be a good backup C, but he is no starter.

I look at it this way, If the Blazers go after Gortat, then they view him as their starting C. He has the talent. Have the Blazers give up Leonard to the Suns and they can take Mozgov to bGortats backup. The Suns would be able to give Leonard all the minutes he can handle at C and actually develop him.

Suns aren't going to need a starting C for the foreseeable future , they aren't going to 'need' anything but talent. This trade gives the suns the best player. Plus, you are underestimating mozgov.

I don't think your request for Leonard is realistic at all. He was #10 after all, that's why you want him in the first place.
hcsilla
RealGM
And1: 1,078

Post#22 » by hcsilla » Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:10 am

DeBlazerRiddem wrote:
hcsilla wrote:Batum's defense may be overrated (BTW, Blazers-fans, is it?).

Well he's not an all-world defender, but I do think he is a very good defensive player - good IQ and usually good effort. He is especially effective when he can use his length to his advantage, and he is less effective when he has to defend using strength. Often he ends up defending guards, so sometimes the opposing SF can take advantage of the switch and hurt his defensive statistics.

Sounds exactly what the Suns need to cover Beasley's defensive liabilities.

I was torn on the first deal, pretty equal positives and negatives, but this would be too much IMO. Leonard is still very raw, but he's still an athletic center with good hands and great energy. Part of the allure of the original trade was letting Leonard develop under Gortat, since I think he could be similar in terms of defense, PnR skills and overall quality. To add a recent lottery pick and only get back a late first is probably gonna kill our interest.

I do agree that Leonard's moves, demeanor and playing style are quite similar to Gortat's' (or might become quite similar).

Since Dudley is back to his old starting SF role, he seems to regain his former effectiveness. Since the Suns are behind the Blazers in the rebuilding process I'm not sure that taking Batum's contract is a logical move.

Yet, if somehow including Leonard would be possible (even maybe at the expense of the Lakers pick as well), I would do the Dudley, Gortat, sweetener(s) for Batum, Leonard deal if I was the Suns.
Kerrsed
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,578

Post#23 » by Kerrsed » Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:44 am

torotoe wrote:I don't think your request for Leonard is realistic at all. He was #10 after all, that's why you want him in the first place.

And? Of course thats why we want him. He has more potential and a higher ceiling then Mozgov. Just what a rebuilding team needs, not a back up C like Moz. If Gortat is going to be the Blazers starting C, then Mozgov would do good coming off the bench, in the role he is destined to be in. He is not starting material like Leonard might be. And if im underestimating Moz as a starting C, then the Blazers should be more then fine to use him as a backup for Gortat, right?

Yeah....... with no Leonard, Suns walk away from the table.
Its #DUMPSTERFIRE SEASON! #TeamTRAINWRECK -KERRSED- The Mod, The Myth, The Legend
TruthTelling
Banned User
And1: 22

Post#24 » by TruthTelling » Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:19 pm

Phoenix would never trade Gortat for Batum basically straight up.

Batum is nothing "special", he gets paid, you don't trade big for small.
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,037

Post#25 » by Revived » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:29 am

This is very interesting and I think the Suns likely would do this trade.
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,037

Post#26 » by Revived » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:33 am

torotoe wrote:
Kerrsed wrote:Suns would pass. I like Batum and all, but the Suns are going to need a C that can be a starter or one who has the potential to grow into a starting caliber C, and Mozgov is not that guy. He might be a good backup C, but he is no starter.

I look at it this way, If the Blazers go after Gortat, then they view him as their starting C. He has the talent. Have the Blazers give up Leonard to the Suns and they can take Mozgov to bGortats backup. The Suns would be able to give Leonard all the minutes he can handle at C and actually develop him.

Suns aren't going to need a starting C for the foreseeable future , they aren't going to 'need' anything but talent. This trade gives the suns the best player. Plus, you are underestimating mozgov.

I don't think your request for Leonard is realistic at all. He was #10 after all, that's why you want him in the first place.

Then Portland can have Marshall, he was the #13 overall pick after all right? Portland could use a backup for Lillard.

Marshall and Mozgov to Portland while Phoenix gets Leonard?
patrol345
Junior
And1: 21

Post#27 » by patrol345 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:13 pm

Why not swap dudley and marshall going to denver and let denver throw in a couple good second rounders or something. Not trying to over value chandler or mozgov but part of the reason we are always trying to trade chandler is we are over crowded at the wings.

Return to Trades and Transactions