Moderators: nate33, montestewart, LyricalRico

hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Re: GT #20 Lakers @ Wizards 7:00 PM EST 

Post#141 » by hands11 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:47 am

DANNYLANDOVER wrote:
Upper Decker wrote:
DANNYLANDOVER wrote:Ok Beal needs a rest now...what a shocking game he's had so far.

Just think Harden + Wall + Nene...eff you jabada ted.

Well some of us think he's gonna be better than Harden, we'll see. I'm not even mad at Beal, I'm just mad at EG for not pursuing a veteran SG that Beal can learn from. Instead we have Chuckford and Cartier. This has to be a planned tank season.

I have come to except that Ted wanted that. Loser mentality.
hands11
Banned User

Post#142 » by hands11 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:51 am

80sballboy wrote:Turnovers in the first half. This basketball team tries, but they are injured and playing D-League quality players. I don't what you expect Witt to do.

Hands, you are killing the guy and he starts your boy JC, and you are still killing him. He's getting pretty much maximum effort out of an untalented group every night. Not sure what else he can other than not starting Okafar.

Making one right adjustment way to late in the season is no reason to not point out all the other things.

I am mad because I am so disappointed in him. I expect so much more then this.

As for what he could have done and what he can do, I have pointed out plenty of options and supported this with stats and sound reasoning.
hands11
Banned User

Post#143 » by hands11 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:55 am

closg00 wrote:
hands11 wrote:Let LA off the hook. Wiz were easily playing at a level to win this game.

Refs really hurt. Randy hurts more though.

I have been holding out from saying this because I wanted Randy here and I wanted to be fair and give him a chance to make some mistakes without being overly harsh but..

RANDY HAS BEEN A TERRIBLE GAME TIME HEAD COACH. TEEEERRRRRIBBLEE

As is an F

A ZERO

Maybe he is a good assistant. But as a Head Coach line up a team and changing rotations. TERRRIBLE

hands11 wrote:Randy does not suck as a HC

Stop with the crap. Like anyone here hasn't posted one thing and then the opposite or vented when they were pissed off. So what is your Fing point. I posted right in my response that I wanted him here. I have said that lots of time before complaining about him.
Knighthonor
Sixth Man
And1: 98

Post#144 » by Knighthonor » Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:51 am

Refs gave them the game.

Seem like Stern's pull out for the Lakers...
Mickstix
Junior
And1: 27

Post#145 » by Mickstix » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:24 am

The Wiz must not be "allowed" to beat the Heat and the Lakers? Not in the same month anyway.. I always heard how corrupt the officiating was in the NBA, but didn't know it was THAT bad. Geez.. Kobe and Dwight should be embarrassed at all the gifts they get? Must be nice..
Mick
BigA
Analyst
And1: 997

Post#146 » by BigA » Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:46 pm

Just an FYI, the Lakers were 5.5 point favorites last night, so they barely covered with the 6 point win.

If I had the time, I would track the crews, officiating anomalies, and how they affect W-L ATS. Stern swept the Donaghy thing under the rug, but I strongly suspect that there are refs regularly betting on games they work and influencing the outcomes. It's just too easy, any individual NBA game means so little, and the league has never shown much inclination to improve the officiating at all.
pancakes3
General Manager
And1: 2,593

Post#147 » by pancakes3 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:58 pm

BigA wrote:Just an FYI, the Lakers were 5.5 point favorites last night, so they barely covered with the 6 point win.

If I had the time, I would track the crews, officiating anomalies, and how they affect W-L ATS. Stern swept the Donaghy thing under the rug, but I strongly suspect that there are refs regularly betting on games they work and influencing the outcomes. It's just too easy, any individual NBA game means so little, and the league has never shown much inclination to improve the officiating at all.

There are professional NBA gamblers that do exactly what you are proposing. There were a few articles written when the Donaghy scandal came up giving rough outlines of what they found.

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_ ... hy-scandal

is a good read.
Bullets -> Wizards
hands11
Banned User

Post#148 » by hands11 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:11 pm

BigA wrote:Just an FYI, the Lakers were 5.5 point favorites last night, so they barely covered with the 6 point win.

And if you are going to do it, what makes more sense.

To rig the outcome of a handful of higher profile match ups with lots of eyes watching and more high profile establish refs ?

or

To rig games between better teams against worse teams that have scrub refs with less eyes watching where the better team is expected to win. In those games, you just have to make sure they win by enough to beat the spread or lose by just enough to miss it. So keep the spread close and pull it out down the stretch one way or another. Less people are watching. Most people expect the worst team to lose either way so what does it matter by how much. And those worse teams have less power in the league anyway but they are a part of the ownership that shares the profits.

Washington General is actually very suitable for what happens to these weaker teams.

I'm not sure a lot of these weaker team are not in on it. Why would they be since many times they want to tank to get higher picks. The owners probably know the deal. Just keep your mouth shut. When you finally get your picks and get better, we will hose other weaker teams and give you the same advantage. So just sit back and make your money.

And just to keep the heat off of how rigged this is, let a really bad team beat a really good team once in a while so you have something to point to. The better team eats the lose. No biggy. They will be in the better playoff slot anyway come the end of the season. They can afford a lose here and there. Just spread it out so no really good team pays to big of a hit. Miami one game. SA in another. Miami didn't seem all that concerned they lost to us. Their big three played well.

It just all makes to much sense that it actually happens like this. There is a part of the league that is legit. But part of it is rigged. Its all to maximize profits. Its entertainment.

It would be easy enough to come up with a formula for how they want to do this to spread it out so no one would even notice. The better team win anyway. Its just a matter of by how much. You then choose a handful of game you want to rig and just make sure they cover the spread or not. Only people that notice the insane reffing are fans like us that follow team that lose. Who the hell is going to listen to us.

This also help the owners in another way. If there team stinks, you want to reward the fans of the other team that actually bought tickets. That works great for a town like DC where you have people from all over coming to see other teams play.

Ted makes more money. He gets his tank for higher picks and Vegas makes millions by playing the right bet.

Meanwhile, the better top teams are the ones really battling it out to keep the top part of the game legit.

Its a beautiful system that maximizes profits and gives the tank teams a chance to rebuild with higher picks. That sucks for the fans that buy season tickets that get sucked in my the hope message. But if they team blows it with the more talent top pick, no biggy, that player just moves and they build up a contender some place else. LeBron to Miami. KG to the Celtics.

The beauty of this system is that it this is easy to do even without having everyone buy into it. Player will try to win. There will be some that can fight through the head winds. They will lose initially of course as the refs just kick that team in the knees with bad calls. But if they team finally starts to look legit, then they get categorized. i.e. this is what happen to us with Gil. We got Gil for nothing. Eventually, we started getting the calls.

The good news for us is that I think the NBA wants the Wizards to be one of that better teams eventually. We did get Gil but I don't think they believe in Abe. This market is just to big to not eventually maximize it. Ted is probably paying his dues right now as a new owners. We sent CB and Haywood to Dallas because they are already legit. NO was up next so we helped them. Ted is maximizing profits while accumulating some assets. Randy is here because he is cheap and he is pretty good at player development. Clearly they are tanking this year. We got Wall. Then we got Beal since Ted has been owner. No way Randy is this stupid to start the players he has started. He is part of the tank.

Return to Washington Wizards