ImageImageImageImage

3 Years From Now... (Edit: 2017 Edition)

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,890

Re: 3 Years From Now... 

Post#21 » by drsd » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:20 pm

RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,786

Post#22 » by RookieStar » Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:24 am

drsd wrote:Image

Those are a lotta white hands.. are we the T-wolves? /joke
MellowRose
Banned User
And1: 1,551

Post#23 » by MellowRose » Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:18 am

otownflava21 wrote:This is what i expect to see in three years...

The team as constructed right now has a terrific group nucleus mix of rookies and young players with potential. The few veterans who are scattered across the roster, are only being used to help keep the team somewhat significant. These veterans (some of which who truly are young veterans with Davis, Afflalo, Nelson, and Redick), have the possibilities of either staying with the team as bench roleplayers in the future, being traded soon to a contender, or staying with us until they opt out as a Free Agent.

The young players, in my opinion, will stick with us and develop through these next 3 years. I see plenty of potential in who we have right now, jugding by the season thus far. This is where I see our lineups 3 years down the line. All we need is to somehow find a dominant, near franchise-calibre shooting guard to take over when Afflalo leaves. Hopefully we find this player either through free agency or the draft. He must be young enough to be a few years before his prime.

Starting lineup:

Moore
<All-Star calibre young Shooting Guard>
Harkless
Nicholson
Vucevic

Bench lineup(of impact):

D. Jones
O'Quinn
Nelson
Redick
<Tall, Athletic Power Foward who can gaurd taller Power Fowards>

Any team with Moore as their starting PG isn't going anywhere.
bigdogdylan5
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,068

Post#24 » by bigdogdylan5 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:07 am

thelead wrote:
bigdogdylan5 wrote:
thelead wrote:I hope for...

~45 win team that looks something like this:

PG: Kasey Hill (or a stud free agent if we land Wiggins or Parker; maybe a guy like John Wall)
SG: Ben McLemore
SF: Wiggins or Parker (or a stud free agent if we land Kasey Hill instead)
PF: Nicholson
C: Derrick Favors (Not a true center but a great player that can play center in today's NBA)

Bench:
Vucevic
JJ (doubtful)
Moore
Jameer (on a good contract)
Other good bench players from trading Afflalo & BBD

Yea and i want a three-some with Megan Fox and Jessica Alba and that is prolly more likely than us gettin that team above but i guess we can hope

Well, it's not going to happen if we field a competitive team next year. We should have the cap space in 2015 to sign two max guys and Favors and Wall are the kind of guys that I would imagine would love to team up and lead an up and coming team. So really, I'm just saying:

PG: Max Free Agent
SG: this years lottery pick
SF: next years lottery pick
PF: Nicholson
C: Max Free Agent

Doesn't seem too unrealistic if Henny stops giving players like Jameer $9 mil per year deals. This should be the "plan" anyway. Plus, I did say "hope for".

Sorry man but that is so unlikely your expecting to get Wiggins next year so u are putting all your hope in gettin the number one pick wat this team is right now is building a strong winning culture with smart teaching and smart draft picks i really like this team they might not be bad enough to get a top pick but there is a great mix of youth and experienced Vets to teach them and to establish that culture it is more sustainable than prayin for a number one pick
Fine print disclaimer for Fultz takes:
I am high on Markelle Fultz. Yes I understand he is not perfect and needs to shoot more and better and turn the ball over less. I would really like to see him play one more year.
thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,499

Post#25 » by thelead » Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:12 am

^ Well, if that's Henny's real plan we're not going to win a championship unless he can convince top flight free agents to come to Orlando over places like LA, NY, Chicago, and the likes. Plus the top stars are already locked up for a while so we're going to be a team that makes the playoffs yet never has a chance to win a championship. Yay!!! I can't wait for 5-10 years of that!

Also, there are possibly 3-5 stars in next year's draft. We don't NEED the #1 pick. It sure would be nice though.
bigdogdylan5
Assistant Coach

Post#26 » by bigdogdylan5 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:22 am

thelead wrote:^ Well, if that's Henny's real plan we're not going to win a championship unless he can convince top flight free agents to come to Orlando over places like LA, NY, Chicago, and the likes. Plus the top stars are already locked up for a while so we're going to be a team that makes the playoffs yet never has a chance to win a championship. Yay!!! I can't wait for 5-10 years of that!

Also, there are possibly 3-5 stars in next year's draft. We don't NEED the #1 pick. It sure would be nice though.

dude how can u say there are 3-5 stars in next year draft most of them are in HS no one has any idea how they will be dude messae is i wanna be the Spurs not the Wizards with a sure fire star in Wall when he came out and they are in the bottom 10
I am high on Markelle Fultz. Yes I understand he is not perfect and needs to shoot more and better and turn the ball over less. I would really like to see him play one more year.
thelead
RealGM

Post#27 » by thelead » Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:25 am

bigdogdylan5 wrote:
thelead wrote:^ Well, if that's Henny's real plan we're not going to win a championship unless he can convince top flight free agents to come to Orlando over places like LA, NY, Chicago, and the likes. Plus the top stars are already locked up for a while so we're going to be a team that makes the playoffs yet never has a chance to win a championship. Yay!!! I can't wait for 5-10 years of that!

dude how can u say there are 3-5 stars in next year draft most of them are in HS no one has any idea how they will be dude messae is i wanna be the Spurs not the Wizards with a sure fire star in Wall when he came out and they are in the bottom 10

The wizards have bad scouts, drafted knuckleheads, signed knuckleheads and had knuckleheads coaching the team. Of course I don't want to be the wizards but I do trust the team that RDV hired to lead this franchise. I also trust that RDV will spend money to be competitive. Something that a lot of bottom feeders cannot say about their owners.
MellowRose
Banned User

Post#28 » by MellowRose » Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:50 am

I disagree with the sentiment that there are 3-5 stars in next years draft. There may be 1-2.
1. 'Bazz Muhammad
2. Polythress?
thelead
RealGM

Post#29 » by thelead » Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:51 am

Aiming4themoon wrote:I disagree with the sentiment that there are 3-5 stars in next years draft. There may be 1-2.
1. 'Bazz Muhammad
2. Polythress?

I was talking about the 2014 draft. There is maybe one in this year's draft and he isn't the 2 you listed.
MellowRose
Banned User

Post#30 » by MellowRose » Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:04 am

thelead wrote:
Aiming4themoon wrote:I disagree with the sentiment that there are 3-5 stars in next years draft. There may be 1-2.
1. 'Bazz Muhammad
2. Polythress?

I was talking about the 2014 draft. There is maybe one in this year's draft and he isn't the 2 you listed.

Then who? Noel?
thelead
RealGM

Post#31 » by thelead » Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:06 am

Aiming4themoon wrote:
thelead wrote:
1. 'Bazz Muhammad
2. Polythress?

Then who? Noel?

I like Ben McLemore. The season is still young though, so we'll see.
MellowRose
Banned User

Post#32 » by MellowRose » Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:19 am

Just watched some of his highlights and he has a real nice J, but we'll see. Had never heard of him before you mentioned him, so goes to show how much can change by the time the draft comes around.
thelead
RealGM

Post#33 » by thelead » Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:26 am

Aiming4themoon wrote:Just watched some of his highlights and he has a real nice J, but we'll see. Had never heard of him before you mentioned him, so goes to show how much can change by the time the draft comes around.

I've been seriously following him since his second or third game. He wasn't even a 1st round pick when the year started but seems like the real deal and has shot up the draft boards since the season began. Great athlete, A+ shooter, plays defense and plays within the offense. Very impressive for a freshman.

I do like to wait for March Madness to see how players perform under pressure though before claiming they're a star type of player. But as of now, he has shown the potential.
claudio-br
Sixth Man
And1: 750

Post#34 » by claudio-br » Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:34 am

I rely on, JV, Henningan and his crew, so I see us being a playoff team.

I think every player on our roster today can be replaced, except for Nicholson maybe, so I wouldnt be surprised if none of these guys stick around too long. It would be awesome to keep Vuceviv, Nicholson, Harkless, Redick and Nelson, on good contracts, though.
Reverse_Angle
Assistant Coach
And1: 262

Post#35 » by Reverse_Angle » Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:11 am

I expect Hedo to be with the Magic, some peoples worst nightmare will come true. Hopefully, he will be a scout for Eastern Europe, not a "veteran presence in the locker room."

"Aaron Gordon will cost Henny's job by Dec 2016." Predicted Dec 2014.

"O'Quinn will have a longer and more successful NBA career than Nicholson." Predicted Jun 2012. Verified on Dec 2014.
dsg2021
Analyst
And1: 1,030

Post#36 » by dsg2021 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:40 am

I expect us to have a minimum of 1 or 2 franchise type players in 3 years. Doesn't have to be via a top 2 pick, but the Magic have the assets to hit huge on a pick or a FA or both.
bigdogdylan5
Assistant Coach

Post#37 » by bigdogdylan5 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:21 pm

http://insider.espn.go.com/mens-college ... -right-now
Great piece on next years draft by Bilas and Ford it is insider though. Basically it says this draft is really bad their are a lot of good players. It is considered the worst draft since the Bargani draft where the best player selected might have been Rondo at 22. This is a point to all the idiots who are mad we arent tanking, a top pick this year doesnt mean **** this draft is really guard heavy after Shambazz Zeller and Noel WHICH IS EXACTLY what we want i wouldnt be suprised we get someone like a sacremento to trade a 5-10 pick cheap so we can get both a PG and a SG. Eye opening comparison by chad ford he basically says that the 1-5 picks in this draft would be late lottery too early 20 in a "normal draft" and late first round "15+" in a great draft
bigdogdylan5
Assistant Coach

Post#38 » by bigdogdylan5 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:24 pm

thelead wrote:

FINALLY something we agree on! I think this guy would be perfect for our team and a good character guy henny might want to bring in i see us tradin up for him if our pick is not good enough to get him on our own
thelead
RealGM

Post#39 » by thelead » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:29 pm

bigdogdylan5 wrote:
thelead wrote:

FINALLY something we agree on! I think this guy would be perfect for our team and a good character guy henny might want to bring in i see us tradin up for him if our pick is not good enough to get him on our own

Yeah, we need to find a way to get him if its not going to be with our own pick. I am higher on him than anyone on our current roster (maybe not AN), so I'm up for whatever trade (minus giving up a collection of youth).
Javanar
Pro Prospect
And1: 57

Post#40 » by Javanar » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:58 pm

Reverse_Angle wrote:I expect Hedo to be with the Magic, some peoples worst nightmare will come true. Hopefully, he will be a scout for Eastern Europe, not a "veteran presence in the locker room."

You can use Hedo as a representative of Magic in Turkey and former Yugoslav(Serbia, Croatia, Bosnia, Kosova) countries.

Hedo is held on high regard here in Turkey and in other Balkan countries. He can help the Magic in PR, marketing and scouting I think.
I am not a native English speaker...

Return to Orlando Magic