ImageImageImageImageImage

how long before another coach mutiny

Moderators: Danny Darko, Kilroy, TyCobb

therobg125
Banned User
And1: 1

how long before another coach mutiny 

Post#1 » by therobg125 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:30 pm

how long before the mutany?....i can't stand this d'antoni system...i must admit that i never really gave him a fair shot to begin with...but this is just nuts...how long before the players realize the coach sucks and stop listening??...atleast under mike brown teams weren't scoring 50 pts in 1 qt. on us...
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,177

Re: how long before 

Post#2 » by LAKESHOW » Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:42 pm

I was all fine actually with Browns emphasis on defense and pick and roll offense. Because he showed us the reality last year, we truly got to where we truly deserved to be. Top 3 in the Western Conf. Thats what we were. Top 3 behind SA and OKC. Those were the facts. The reality. Brown got us to the furthest point he could take us last year.

HOWEVER, then the Ahole starting getting away from what he knows, DEFENSE and pick and roll stuff, went to the princeton O, and sh** went downhill after that.

Cohesion and chemistry between players is important. But also cohesion with a system of play is also important. We shouldva stuck with the system of play from last year, and we would be rollin right now.
But now . . . weve gone back to some pick and roll stuff. But totally dumped the defense?! When was the last time, youve seen a DAntoni play defense? You cant even find an 'ol video game with his teams playin D.

Solutions? Plenty . . . just hope management picks the right one.
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
Run-MKE 311
Senior
And1: 9

Post#3 » by Run-MKE 311 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:21 pm

Meh, Kobe seems resigned to the situation.

Let's see where we are at once Nash gets back and Pau is possibly moved. We have yet to see the whole picture.

If this is still the case, fully healthy, around the all-star break, then I will join everyone in throwing ish out the window and lighting things on fire.
Ball so hard.
CelticsRise
Senior
And1: 9

Post#4 » by CelticsRise » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:58 pm

Lakers fans and players can keep blaming their coaches despite it is proven than the team keep losing no matter who the coach is.
therobg125
Banned User

Post#5 » by therobg125 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:44 pm

we lose despite the coach?....what? we won 2 recent ships under phil....we made the top 3 and got to the second round under mike brown....how do we keep losing if we're always in the playoffs?....soo who's fault is it that we're destined to be a lottery team this yr?....you're telling me not one other coach available can get us wins with nash kobe howard and pau...?....you're telling me no other coach would hold our bench and our defense accountable?....when dantoni got mad about the defense question in the presser and said he spent 30 minutes talking about it....that should tell you something right there because the 30 minutes he MAY have spent on the defense is spread throughout the season...andso he probably spent 30 second per practice on defense....he's a terrible coach.....if dantoni were your coach, then you'd know how we feel....if you're a knicks fan, then you should absolutely know better....dantoni sucks and has us underachieving....
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 5,377

Re: how long before another coach muntiny 

Post#6 » by Danny Darko » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:52 pm

title changed for accuracy
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,109

Post#7 » by Dr Aki » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:03 pm

Danny Darko wrote:title changed for accuracy

muntiny?
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#8 » by Danny Darko » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:43 pm

Aki wrote:
Danny Darko wrote:title changed for accuracy

muntiny?

Hell yeah don't tell me you haven't heard of crossing a munson with a mutiny?

Image :D
albasuna
Rookie

Re: how long before another coach mutiny 

Post#9 » by albasuna » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:12 pm

Where is this D'Antoni system you guys are all seeing? All I'm seeing his post ups and Kobe Isos. They aren't even running D'Antoni's system... theres no ball movement at all. At times the point guard doesn't even dribble the ball for the whole quarter.
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#10 » by Danny Darko » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:18 pm

we're seeing his system on D mostly
IamBBAnalysis
Pro Prospect
And1: 495

Post#11 » by IamBBAnalysis » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:43 pm

albasuna wrote:Where is this D'Antoni system you guys are all seeing? All I'm seeing his post ups and Kobe Isos. They aren't even running D'Antoni's system... theres no ball movement at all. At times the point guard doesn't even dribble the ball for the whole quarter.

Yeah, its hard paying attention to people when they talk about his system when he's not running it right now. Actually, they tried it more in the Washington game. More pick and rolls...and they won.

Also the defense really picked up with Artest at the pf position. Better rotations, more intense, more speed, etc. Which suggests defense is a big part about personnel for this team. PF to me is such an important defensive position and the Laker pf's have not been getting it done.

The main issues with D'Antonni are questions of if he holds players accountable and how that will relate to team success/failure. Because the team is having poor effort that is very important right now.

Also, controlling the egos and things of that nature. Much of the "technical" coaching stuff that has been thrown around so far is not the issue at all.
LaLaKeRs
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#12 » by LaLaKeRs » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:58 pm

I hate to say it, but sometimes I catch myself hoping we lose some more games in a row just to get rid of DAT!!
I, like so many other laker-fans didnt gave him a fair chance from the beginning just because I am 100% convinced, that there is ZERO chance a team coached by this "I talked 30 minutes about defense-joke-coach" could win a championship. Therefor I just can say the sooner DAT gets fired the better!!!
JustAwesome
Analyst
And1: 78

Post#13 » by JustAwesome » Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:25 pm

I don't think a losing streak will cause management to fire D'Antoni. That leaves an even bigger black eye for the franchise.
DEEP3CL
RealGM
And1: 3,207

Post#14 » by DEEP3CL » Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:09 am

C'mon fellas let's start using some common sense, there will be no mutiny nor is MDA getting fired.
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#15 » by Danny Darko » Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:43 am

DEEP3CL wrote:C'mon fellas let's start using some common sense, there will be no mutiny nor is MDA getting fired.

Oh Holy crap Deep gave his stamp of approval... i remember Mike Brown getting this too. Sorry _Antoni. It was a good run til deep gave you the kiss of death.
snaquille oatmeal
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,763

Post#16 » by snaquille oatmeal » Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:15 am

CelticsRise wrote:Lakers fans and players can keep blaming their coaches despite it is proven than the team keep losing no matter who the coach is.

I actually agree with this. I can see Nash and Pau coming back and still fail, I can see us improve some then Nash goes down again and we fail. imo it's on the players at this point.
Forum permissions