ImageImageImageImageImage

Kings @ Thunder

Moderators: codydaze, KF10, City of Trees

ADoaN17
Lead Assistant
And1: 312

Re: Kings @ Thunder 

Post#21 » by ADoaN17 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:30 am

Westbrook was on IT, maybe IT was deferring.
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,442

Post#22 » by KF10 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:34 am

Inigo_Montoya wrote:I would have liked to have seen DMC and Tyreke in there at the end. Would have been a long shot anyway but why not?

I kinda agree with Smart's decision here.

Why change something that isn't broke?

The unit on the floor w/ Isaiah cut the lead down significantly. A guy like Cousins (who wasn't good all night: 3-12 FG) would have done something stupid and would have negated IT's unbelievable performance.

I probably would have subbed in Reke for Johnson/Jimmer though. Reke was good tonight.
Inigo_Montoya
Pro Prospect
And1: 42

Post#23 » by Inigo_Montoya » Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:41 am

Fair enough on Demarcus, didn't even realize that he was at 3/12. Ugh.
SacKingZZZ
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#24 » by SacKingZZZ » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:49 am

KF10 wrote:
Inigo_Montoya wrote:I would have liked to have seen DMC and Tyreke in there at the end. Would have been a long shot anyway but why not?

The unit on the floor w/ Isaiah cut the lead down significantly. A guy like Cousins (who wasn't good all night: 3-12 FG) would have done something stupid and would have negated IT's unbelievable performance.

I probably would have subbed in Reke for Johnson/Jimmer though. Reke was good tonight.

Oddly enough Cousins looked pretty good to start this one, before the coach played him all the way into the halfway mark of the second quarter that is. WTF? :roll: I wonder what Cousins could do with a coach that understands how not to run players into the ground. All he's known so far in the NBA is a coach who either plays him in 4-5 minute spurts or a coach who plays him in 14-15 minute spurts. Wow. :lol:
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#25 » by KF10 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:50 am

SacKingZZZ wrote:
Oddly enough Cousins looked pretty good to start this one, before the coach played him all the way into the halfway mark of the second quarter that is. WTF? :roll: I wonder what Cousins could do with a coach that understands how not to run players into the ground. All he's known so far in the NBA is a coach who either plays him in 4-5 minute spurts or a coach who plays him in 14-15 minute spurts. Wow. :lol:

Yeah, Cousins was 3-6 FG & 5 Rbs in the first quarter alone. Continues to play Cousins until the 7 min mark of the second quarter, that's when he benches Cousins for about a 4 min blow Then plays him for consecutive 12 minutes. Seriously, WTF?

Smart burns out a lot of his players i.e. Cousins/Evans which in effect, causing a lot of current woes for this team.

Smart is the worst coach I've ever seen in this regard. The man simply doesn't know how to distribute minutes nor handle rotations right.
RIPskaterdude
RealGM
And1: 36,394

Post#26 » by RIPskaterdude » Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:43 am

Smart reminds me of Mike Singletary, due to not being able to understand X and Os but is a decent motivator of bad attitude guys (Vernon Davis = Cousins?). All the talent but no idea how to use it.
VeeJay24
Starter
And1: 11

Post#27 » by VeeJay24 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:32 pm

SacKingZZZ wrote:
KF10 wrote:

There was nothing wrong with the way Reke & Thompson played tonight. He should've at least brought those 2 guys back in when it got to 5. IT, Reke, Johnson, Robinson & Thompson would've been the way to go.
Sportz Gza
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#28 » by KF10 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:55 pm

Once again, we got dominated on the boards last night: 29-43

Pairing T-Rob & Hayes at the same time is a NO NO. I would like to see JT benched so we can get some control on the boards with the second unit (JT will still get his usual 25-30 mins since he can play both PF & C). Now, we can start either Hayes or T-Rob. I give the nod to Hayes for PF.
VeeJay24
Starter
And1: 11

Post#29 » by VeeJay24 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:12 pm

KF10 wrote:Once again, we got dominated on the boards last night: 29-43

Pairing T-Rob & Hayes at the same time is a NO NO. I would like to see JT benched so we can get some control on the boards with the second unit (JT will still get his usual 25-30 mins since he can play both PF & C). Now, we can start either Hayes or T-Rob. I give the nod to Hayes for PF.

That's good in theory; I just don't know how JT would take that when he is the most consistent big man on the team. I just don't understand Smart's rotations or the choices made by the GM.

I really don't see the big difference between James Johnson & Donte Greene and I am thinking Robinson shouldn't had been this team's pick in the draft. I think that pick should've been Barnes or Drummond but we'll see how this turns out.
Sportz Gza
Cruel_Ruin
Head Coach
And1: 767
Location: The intersection of intellect, imagination and insanity

Post#30 » by Cruel_Ruin » Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:59 pm

Once again, rotations are killing this team. Is it any surprise to anyone that we are losing the 2nd quarter or the 4th quarter so consistently? The starters come in and do a great job, and Smart either underplays them (play the whole 1st/3rd quarter, and then sit until 2 min left in the 2nd/4th... WTF) or overplays them (playing Tyreke/Evans 17 straight minutes in the 1st... WTF).

I just wonder how we would do under a regular coach, who defines roles, benches the appropriate players, and has something resembling an NBA rotation. All 12 guys do NOT need to play in every game. Just SMH.
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#31 » by KF10 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:29 pm

VeeJay24 wrote:
KF10 wrote:Once again, we got dominated on the boards last night: 29-43

That's good in theory; I just don't know how JT would take that when he is the most consistent big man on the team. I just don't understand Smart's rotations or the choices made by the GM.

I really don't see the big difference between James Johnson & Donte Greene and I am thinking Robinson shouldn't had been this team's pick in the draft. I think that pick should've been Barnes or Drummond but we'll see how this turns out.

I'm looking at his starting/bench splits throughout his career, it's really consistent. It doesn't looks like there is a significant drop in play form. His FG% still hovers around 50%. His points & rebounds are down but that's due to receiving fewer minutes off the bench.

We need a big off the bench that's taller than 6'6'' (Hayes) or 6'8''- ish (T-Rob). JT is the guy.

Return to Sacramento Kings