Post#221 » by AFM » Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:11 am

Better add CJ Leslie to your list! Dude is a beast
AFM
General Manager
And1: 6,111

Re: ~~~2013 (DRAFT) thread ~~~tank it!! 

Post#222 » by AFM » Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:15 am

http://www.dailynews.com/sports/ci_2220 ... z-muhammad

Feeling the effects of his new diet, Shabazz Muhammad said early this week that he was becoming more and more explosive.

In UCLA's 95-53 win over Prairie View A&M on Saturday night, he proved it.

The historically black college from central Texas didn't provide the stiffest competition at Pauley Pavilion, but Muhammad wasn't exactly stuffing the box score against the likes of Cal State Northridge or Cal Poly.

As the Bruins (7-3) played just their second game in 11 days, the nation's top recruit scored a career-high 25 points on 8-of-14 shooting.

After shaving off over 10 pounds in the past two weeks, he matched his previous career-high of 21 points with 16:25 still left in the second half.
AWIZZINGBULLET
Rookie
And1: 139

Post#223 » by AWIZZINGBULLET » Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:31 pm

Knighthonor wrote:to anybody else, does Shabazz remind you of Jordan Crawford with his shot selection? circus shots.

From the little I've seen of Muhammad he doesn't seem like that much of a team player. Now I've only seen him in parts of two games, but he wasn't the jaw-dropping athlete that I expected to see given all the hype.
AWIZZINGBULLET
Rookie

Post#224 » by AWIZZINGBULLET » Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:33 pm

AFM wrote:Better add CJ Leslie to your list! Dude is a beast

Leslie looks indifferent too often. Like he will be one of those players who shows up when they feel like it.
The Consiglieri
Sixth Man
And1: 500

Post#225 » by The Consiglieri » Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:41 pm

montestewart wrote:^
By committing (through trades) $30 million+ per year at the three front court positions, on top of using four of the last 1st round picks on those same positions, and with Wall at PG, EG pretty much set it up where it would have been a little awkward to take anything but a SG with the #3. Maybe he took the wrong SG, but how would he justify taking Drummond after acquiring Nene, Okafor, and Seraphin? (Other than saying, "Guys, remember that trade I just made? Turns out I f**ked up.") I'm assuming if they landed the #1 pick, they wouldn't have traded for Okafor, but it is Terd and Ernie, so who knows?

Oh, I'm not someone whose down on Beal. I know a lot of people have been. I'm not, my preference was MKG, who I actually thought were were gonna get (had some fear we'd grab Barnes instead), was shocked to see him go #2, knew his personality was right up Jordan's alley, but still figured they'd go safer and get a second tier lock in building block in Beal. When MKG and Davis were gone the best options were Beal and Drummond in my view and I never thought for a second we'd take Drummond. It was just sick to see a guy with his upside fall that far. We never seem to be the team to steal a blue chipper who falls that far. He would have been perfect if not for the all world moronic trade.

As it is, its fine, we're gonna stink this year, maybe we get one more piece and Im happy with Beal, he'll become an all star, or just slightly below all star level 2 in my book. Too smart, too hard working, too talented to just be mediocre. He'll be a guy we can plug in and start at the 2 and try to find our superstar at the 3, 4 or 5 this year or beyond.

I just was bothered by the Drummond hate on the site, and the lack of team building sense that you could see in the hate for him.
AWIZZINGBULLET
Rookie

Post#226 » by AWIZZINGBULLET » Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:42 pm

mhd wrote:Anthony Bennett potentially a pick for the Wiz? He's only 19 and is dominating as a freshman. Athletic freak who has an NBA body. Also has a nice shooting touch (74% FT).

I'm still watching to see how his outside shots fall, could fill the 3- spot if he proves to be a legitimate perimeter threat. I was thinking on early on that the Wizards coud trade the top pick for a player, pick up extra picks and then bring Anthony Bennett and another 1st round player onboard. As of now I hold him as an undersized PF; I compare him to Zach Randolph, but with two or three times as much athleticism. UNLV vs UNC should be good.
kirubel94
Sophomore
And1: 11

Post#227 » by kirubel94 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:54 pm

I just came across Ben Mclemore, At 6-5, this guy is super athletic with a great Jumpshot. He has the potential to be the next Wade/Ray Allen. The same was said about Beal(still only 19, has a chance to still become great), but i believe that Mclemore has a greater athletic ability and better at creating his own shot. Watch out for him, he is slowly climbing up the draft boards.
AWIZZINGBULLET
Rookie

Post#228 » by AWIZZINGBULLET » Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:01 pm

kirubel94 wrote:I just came across Ben Mclemore, At 6-5, this guy is super athletic with a great Jumpshot. He has the potential to be the next Wade/Ray Allen. The same was said about Beal(still only 19, has a chance to still become great), but i believe that Mclemore has a greater athletic ability and better at creating his own shot. Watch out for him, he is slowly climbing up the draft boards.

Why should anyone look out for him when he plays the same position that Beal does?
kirubel94
Sophomore
And1: 11

Post#229 » by kirubel94 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:14 pm

AWIZZINGBULLET wrote:
kirubel94 wrote:I just came across Ben Mclemore, At 6-5, this guy is super athletic with a great Jumpshot. He has the potential to be the next Wade/Ray Allen. The same was said about Beal(still only 19, has a chance to still become great), but i believe that Mclemore has a greater athletic ability and better at creating his own shot. Watch out for him, he is slowly climbing up the draft boards.

Why should anyone look out for him when he plays the same position that Beal does?

Why not?? We were talking about C.J McCollum, he plays the same position as John Wall. I also believe the Wizards don't have the luxury to pick by position. If Mclemore solidifies himself and becomes the best player in the draft, you pick him.
AWIZZINGBULLET
Rookie

Post#230 » by AWIZZINGBULLET » Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:06 pm

kirubel94 wrote:
AWIZZINGBULLET wrote:

Why not?? We were talking about C.J McCollum, he plays the same position as John Wall. I also believe the Wizards don't have the luxury to pick by position. If Mclemore solidifies himself and becomes the best player in the draft, you pick him.

Do you trade him or do you play him?
Knighthonor
Sixth Man
And1: 98

Post#231 » by Knighthonor » Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:32 pm

I really get the feeling that Beal is going to blow up when Wall get back to 100%.
sashae
Bench Warmer
And1: 94

Post#232 » by sashae » Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:26 pm

Nivek, do you have any early-season YODA scores for potential draftees?
ernie grunfeld: the perpetual dumpster fire of general management
Nivek
Head Coach
And1: 959

Post#233 » by Nivek » Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:39 pm

sashae wrote:Nivek, do you have any early-season YODA scores for potential draftees?

Haven't started running the numbers yet. It's kinda labor intensive so I'm not doing full-scale ratings until the college season ends.

I can run a few players. Who interests you?
"A lot of what we call talent is the desire to practice."
-- Malcolm Gladwell

Check out my blog about the Wizards, movies, writing, music, TV, sports, and whatever else comes to mind.
sashae
Bench Warmer
And1: 94

Post#234 » by sashae » Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:26 pm

I'm particularly interested in Poythress, though I imagine we're going to be looking at Len/Shabazz/Noel/Zeller as well. I'm intrigued about Noel's shotblocking, in particularly -- usually collegiate shotblocking translates pretty well, and he's certainly elite thus far this season.
ernie grunfeld: the perpetual dumpster fire of general management
Knighthonor
Sixth Man
And1: 98

Post#235 » by Knighthonor » Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:39 pm

AWIZZINGBULLET wrote:

Do you trade him or do you play him?[/quote]
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQkmaFY7WUs[/youtube]
Nivek
Head Coach

Post#236 » by Nivek » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:13 pm

sashae wrote:I'm particularly interested in Poythress, though I imagine we're going to be looking at Len/Shabazz/Noel/Zeller as well. I'm intrigued about Noel's shotblocking, in particularly -- usually collegiate shotblocking translates pretty well, and he's certainly elite thus far this season.

Ran the numbers on these guys. Here's what YODA would say about each based on their performance this season:

1. Zeller -- score is consistent with a #1-#1 pick in most drafts.
  2. Noel -- rating is good enough to be the top pick in some drafts; top 5 pick in most
  3. Len -- top 10 pick in most drafts
  4. Muhammad & Poythress -- identical scores thus far; consistent with mid-first round picks -- after 15
-- Malcolm Gladwell

Check out my blog about the Wizards, movies, writing, music, TV, sports, and whatever else comes to mind.
pancakes3
General Manager
And1: 2,598

Post#237 » by pancakes3 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:33 pm

My guess is that Mason Plumlee is in the top 5 of YODA. He's having a phenomenal year and I think he'll be the "bought into cliches and out-thought ourselves" player of the draft.
Bullets -> Wizards
Nivek
Head Coach

Post#238 » by Nivek » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:22 pm

You're correct. Plumlee currently rates about where Noel does. Very similar scores.
-- Malcolm Gladwell

AWIZZINGBULLET
Rookie

Post#239 » by AWIZZINGBULLET » Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:22 am

pancakes3 wrote:My guess is that Mason Plumlee is in the top 5 of YODA. He's having a phenomenal year and I think he'll be the "bought into cliches and out-thought ourselves" player of the draft.

What's YODA?
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,699

Post#240 » by montestewart » Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:05 am

AWIZZINGBULLET wrote:
pancakes3 wrote:My guess is that Mason Plumlee is in the top 5 of YODA. He's having a phenomenal year and I think he'll be the "bought into cliches and out-thought ourselves" player of the draft.

What's YODA?

Nivek's patented Ye Olde Draft Analyzer (YODA, not to be confused with BOYD--Bring Out Your Dead--taking on an aging veteran's contract to get additional goodies like picks and/or prospects)

Return to Washington Wizards