Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Re: Rubio Thread Seis (VI) 

Post#561 » by C.lupus » Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:53 pm

viewtopic.php?p=34014362#p34014362

So now he's saying Rubio got benched in Europe for shooting poorly so that is why he's only average in the NBA. :rofl:
FinnTheHuman
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,705

Post#562 » by FinnTheHuman » Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:02 pm

The only reason he didn't play big minutes in Europe is because he was a teenager, and Barcelona is the strongest team in Europe, half of their players would play important roles in the NBA. Also, Rubio's game is better for NBA because of a bigger court (3 point line in Europe was 6.25 until couple of years, and now it's 6.75 opposed to NBA's 7.25), and because of better shooters and drivers in the NBA who use his assists better.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,567

Post#563 » by Klomp » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:04 pm

“@davebenzwolves: Just asked @rickyrubio9 about his new tattoo and he prefers to keep its meaning a mystery. #twolves”
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
eldans
Freshman
And1: 1

Post#564 » by eldans » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:56 pm

FinnTheHuman wrote:The only reason he didn't play big minutes in Europe is because he was a teenager, and Barcelona is the strongest team in Europe, half of their players would play important roles in the NBA. Also, Rubio's game is better for NBA because of a bigger court (3 point line in Europe was 6.25 until couple of years, and now it's 6.75 opposed to NBA's 7.25), and because of better shooters and drivers in the NBA who use his assists better.

No, this is the only reason.
FC Barcelona played the "Navarro System". Navarro is going to be a mith of european basketball. If you have such a SG in a team there is no room for a brilliant young (actually a teenager) PG. All the offence runs through Navarro´s hands. Rubio needs total freedom to create.

That´s Spain NT, not FC Barcelona but you will understand

http://youtu.be/xc2TUCVg-F8
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#565 » by Klomp » Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:15 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=As4IJcMMsB0[/youtube]
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Tirion
Assistant Coach
And1: 290

Post#566 » by Tirion » Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:29 am

Letting this thread fall all the way down to the 2nd page. I'm ashamed of yall and I'm teling Grandma too.

The J Rocka
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,730

Post#567 » by The J Rocka » Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:05 am

These Minnesota women just can't get enough....
lobishome
Analyst
And1: 632

Post#568 » by lobishome » Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:29 am

This is scary, I don't want it in my home.

I don't know why, but this grandmother reminds me the movie "Misery".
Viljanen
Junior
And1: 81

Post#569 » by Viljanen » Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:34 pm

weird! :-?
I like it.

So today against HOU... Rid and JJ guarding Lin and Harden? I hope RR can increase his minutes. To me, even at his current shape he´s still a positive just because of his defense alone. With him, Shved and kirilenko helping... I think we could be a very tough team for Houston to match up against.

His shooting... I think it will be fine eventually. During warmups his mechanic looks clean and effective and that´s the key. In the games his jump is not vertical (he jumps forward) and the release is often flat, no arc. I think he´s just nervous.
Los de Valladolid somos de los Timberwolves Jazz de toda la vida.
tsherkin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 19,943

Post#570 » by tsherkin » Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:08 pm

Nice to see Rubio back, hope he finds his game shape and rhythm soon. :)
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#571 » by Klomp » Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:48 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6uhz15sBWw[/youtube]

TMo519
Bench Warmer
And1: 25

Post#572 » by TMo519 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:17 pm

Ricky for slam dunk comp?
lobishome
Analyst

Post#573 » by lobishome » Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:40 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQmLSxj-Nis[/youtube]
kmgarnett21
Assistant Coach
And1: 398

Post#574 » by kmgarnett21 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:16 pm

Question:

Why does Rubio always have to be on the court with Barea? That seems to diminish Rubio's abilities, having a 5'9 chucker out there. I'd rather Rubio play with Ridnour or Shved in the backcourt, but it seems like when Rubio's out there, it's always with Barea.
phonzadellika
Rookie
And1: 178

Post#575 » by phonzadellika » Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:32 pm

kmgarnett21 wrote:Question:

Why does Rubio always have to be on the court with Barea? That seems to diminish Rubio's abilities, having a 5'9 chucker out there. I'd rather Rubio play with Ridnour or Shved in the backcourt, but it seems like when Rubio's out there, it's always with Barea.

I like the Rubio/Barea pairing. Rubio's D overcomes Barea's weaknesses, Rubio has 3 other guys that he can try to set up and if it doesn't take then he just dumps it to JJ and lets him play hero-ball.

Although JJ can get a little obnxious when he brings the ball up himself and ignores everyone else on the court. It's almost shocking to me that someone who is 5'9" can make it in the NBA without even pretending to pass the ball every once and awhile.
kmgarnett21
Assistant Coach
And1: 398

Post#576 » by kmgarnett21 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:42 pm

phonzadellika wrote:
kmgarnett21 wrote:Question:

I like the Rubio/Barea pairing. Rubio's D overcomes Barea's weaknesses, Rubio has 3 other guys that he can try to set up and if it doesn't take then he just dumps it to JJ and lets him play hero-ball.

Although JJ can get a little obnxious when he brings the ball up himself and ignores everyone else on the court. It's almost shocking to me that someone who is 5'9" can make it in the NBA without even pretending to pass the ball every once and awhile.

I just get tired of his Kobe mentality. Barea can be a GREAT asset to this team, if he plays right. Now, when we're struggling to get anything going, I'm fine with him going Kobe-mode and jacking up shots left and right. But there have been several times where we're making a run and he jacks up an ill-advised shot or turns it over and kills momentum.

If he made as many good plays as he does bad, then I can live with that. But, to me, it seems like he forces it more often than we need him to. In the past 10 games, he's shooting 39% from the field. For all the crap Love took for shooting so much and having a poor FG%, Barea is doing the same damn thing right now.
lobishome
Analyst

Post#577 » by lobishome » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:50 pm

http://www.startribune.com/sports/wolves/187391971.html?refer=y

Ricky wrote:"It's tough, I'm not going to hide it... It's tough when you're playing and there are no more bodies there, but that's no excuse. We are professionals. We're going to be here and I think the players who are healthy have to step up and do a better job".

"And [I'm] still not 100 percent. It's tough, like I said, but we have two ways to do it: One: Complaining because of all the injuries and all this stuff. I don't think that is the way. And the way is, be a man. I think we have to step up. Everybody has to know his new role. Every game it's changing and that's hard to do, but we are here and we are going to do it. We have to win. That is why we are here, and to have fun. I don't think we are having fun..."

"Everybody going to change it. I'm going to try to change it, too. I'm going to work hard and try to do whatever I need to do. I'm really frustrated right now, especially with me. Well, we're going to change it".

Grits n Gravy
General Manager
And1: 1,800

Post#578 » by Grits n Gravy » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:23 pm

you can read klove?
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#579 » by Klomp » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:46 pm

Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,678

Post#580 » by Basti » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:21 pm

:clap: Now that's a leader!

(No shot at Love intended, though.)

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves