ImageImageImage

Free Agency - Swingmen Edition

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

shrink
RealGM
And1: 13,957

Free Agency - Swingmen Edition 

Post#1 » by shrink » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:28 pm

With injuries to Josh Howard and Malcolm Lee, people are looking to see what free agents are out there. I would note that can't sign 10-day contracts until January 5th, 2013, but the wolves may not be able to last until then. If they don't make a trade, you may see a signing of one of these available guys, according to hoopshype:

SG: Delonte West, Michael Redd, James Anderson, Maurice Evans, Quentin Richardson, Matt Carroll, Blake Ahearn, Antonio Anderson, James Anderson, Kelenna Azubuike, Rodney Carney, Chris Douglas-Roberts, Dion Dowell, Andre Emmett, Christian Eyenga, Andrew Goudelock, Stephen Graham, Cory Higgins, Eddie House, Larry Hughes, Marko Jaric, Othyus Jeffers, Trey Johnson, Dwight Lewis, Travis Leslie, Shelvin Mack, Dwayne Mitchell, Ronald Murray, Xavier Silas, Chris Smith, Dar Tucker, Willie Warren, Kyle Weaver and Terrence Williams.

SF: Donte Green, JaJuan Johnson, Shawne Williams, Bobby Simmons, Jamario Moon, Renaldo Balkman, Da'Sean Butler, Joey Graham, Mike Harris, Lazar Hayward, Damion James, DJ Kennedy, Adam Morrison, Larry Owens, Al Thornton, Alando Tucker and Bill Walker.
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
Krapinsky
RealGM
And1: 1,929

Re: Free Agency - Swingmen Edition 

Post#2 » by Krapinsky » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:34 pm

shrink wrote:With injuries to Josh Howard and Malcolm Lee, people are looking to see what free agents are out there. I would note that can't sign 10-day contracts until January 5th, 2013, but the wolves may not be able to last until then. If they don't make a trade, you may see a signing of one of these available guys, according to hoopshype:

SG: Delonte West, Michael Redd, James Anderson, Maurice Evans, Quentin Richardson, Matt Carroll, Blake Ahearn, Antonio Anderson, James Anderson, Kelenna Azubuike, Rodney Carney, Chris Douglas-Roberts, Dion Dowell, Andre Emmett, Christian Eyenga, Andrew Goudelock, Stephen Graham, Cory Higgins, Eddie House, Larry Hughes, Marko Jaric, Othyus Jeffers, Trey Johnson, Dwight Lewis, Travis Leslie, Shelvin Mack, Dwayne Mitchell, Ronald Murray, Xavier Silas, Chris Smith, Dar Tucker, Willie Warren, Kyle Weaver and Terrence Williams.

SF: Donte Green, JaJuan Johnson, Shawne Williams, Bobby Simmons, Jamario Moon, Renaldo Balkman, Da'Sean Butler, Joey Graham, Mike Harris, Lazar Hayward, Damion James, DJ Kennedy, Adam Morrison, Larry Owens, Al Thornton, Alando Tucker and Bill Walker.

I'd go for either one of the James Anderson's.
FinnTheHuman wrote: Your post is just garbage.

NewWolvesOrder wrote:Garbage post, indeed.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,125

Post#3 » by Calinks » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:34 pm

Who's blowing up on D-League?
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,569

Post#4 » by Klomp » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:46 pm

Calinks wrote:Who's blowing up on D-League?

“@DarrenWolfson: D-League scout on Chris Douglas-Roberts: "Best 3 in NBDL. Heck, best player." #twolves”
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
eyeteeth
Starter
And1: 147

Post#5 » by eyeteeth » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:50 pm

I loved CDR in the NCAA tourney. As a pro..? Maybe worth a flyer. In Adelman we trust.
IShotTheMaid
Ballboy
And1: 3

Post#6 » by IShotTheMaid » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:58 pm

Best talents available are probably CDR and T-Will. Then again they seem to have a bad rep among GMs for being head-cases. But at this point the wolves are desperate.

All the more reason to go through with the Barea for Wright swap.
Chocobanana
Lead Assistant
And1: 214

Post#7 » by Chocobanana » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:12 am

james anderson also just got released by the spurs. he didnt look bad this year in his very limited minutes.
LordBaldric
General Manager
And1: 1,970

Post#8 » by LordBaldric » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:50 am

Klomp wrote:

“@DarrenWolfson: D-League scout on Chris Douglas-Roberts: "Best 3 in NBDL. Heck, best player." #twolves”

Go get him Kahn!
Murphs56
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,236

Post#9 » by Murphs56 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:53 am

We need someone that can play back up at the 3 but also contribute at the 2 if need be. Also has to be able to guard both positions
theGreatRC
RealGM
And1: 4,881

Post#10 » by theGreatRC » Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:52 am

Delonte West, he actually has game, but he's bat **** crazy.
Dysfunctional Wolves fan
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,125

Post#11 » by Calinks » Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:03 am

LordBaldric wrote:
Klomp wrote:

Go get him Kahn!

Forgot about CDR! Max his ass!
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#12 » by Devilzsidewalk » Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:10 am

is CDR a McCants-like headache to teams or what? he was reasonably solid in his NBA years I thought and now he's destroying the D League, but nobody gives him a call?
the_bruce
Analyst
And1: 57

Post#13 » by the_bruce » Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:32 am

Cdr
eyeteeth
Starter
And1: 147

Post#14 » by eyeteeth » Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:40 am

Devilzsidewalk wrote:is CDR a McCants-like headache to teams or what? he was reasonably solid in his NBA years I thought and now he's destroying the D League, but nobody gives him a call?

Age PER TS% eFG%
22 12.2 0.531 0.469
23 11.5 0.512 0.457
24 11.5 0.517 0.456

He was never great, and then didn't improve at all. Mostly a disappointment. That he's blowing up the D league suggests it might have been that he can't handle NBA defenses. On the other hand, maybe he'd benefit from Adelman's coaching? He certainly didn't have great mentors in NJ or Milwaukee.

Who knows... Like I said, maybe worth a shot.
Swish4
Sixth Man
And1: 374

Post#15 » by Swish4 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:05 am

I'd take Douglas-Roberts I guess. Looks like he's shooting the ball well and has a pretty good handle for a taller guard. Not sure about his defense but he seems athletic enough to defend at least adequately.
Fire Mchale
Junior
And1: 9

Post#16 » by Fire Mchale » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:11 am

I would go with James Anderson and I kind of liked the potential of Andrew Goudelock. Haven't seen a second of either of them play this year, but both are at least younger guys with some potential upside.....
AQuintus
RealGM
And1: 2,458

Post#17 » by AQuintus » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:26 am

Jon Krawczynski ‏@APkrawczynski

From what I'm hearing, Michael Redd will not be the player the Wolves look to bring in to replace Josh Howard.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,569

Post#18 » by Klomp » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:28 am

Fire Mchale wrote:I would go with James Anderson and I kind of liked the potential of Andrew Goudelock. Haven't seen a second of either of them play this year, but both are at least younger guys with some potential upside.....

Isn't he a PG?
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
AQuintus
RealGM
And1: 2,458

Post#19 » by AQuintus » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:29 am

Darren Wolfson ‏@DarrenWolfson

Told just now the #Twolves have at least one wing player coming in tomorrow for a look. Working on who that is. Told it's NOT C-D-R.

And

Darren Wolfson ‏@DarrenWolfson

Another #Twolves tidbit: Josh Howard's contract was not guaranteed. He'll make some $$ through insurance, but the team saves some.
Vindicater
General Manager
And1: 423

Post#20 » by Vindicater » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:30 am

LAZAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Come home baby!*

*Offer Retracted because of bad basketball player.
"That's why the last two years weren't guaranteed," Walsh said. "Either way, he knew it could have happened either way."

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves