ImageImageImage

Redick Rumor

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,388

Redick Rumor 

Post#1 » by shrink » Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:12 pm

Ric Bucher wrote:More from the Trade Winds: it would surprise no one if JJ Redick were moved before the February trade deadline, but

there's no urgency on the part of the Magic for several reasons, according to a source. One: after a rough 5-10 start, Orlando has gone 6-3, a burst not coincidentally launched by a soul-satisfying win over former teammate Dwight Howard and the Lakers. If Redick is moved, it will be for a younger talent and/or a draft pick and the Magic wouldn't mind staying competitive for as long as they can this season. Two: as of right now, the potential suitors aren't anywhere near making their best offer. The likeliest trade partners: Chicago, Memphis, Minnesota, Milwaukee, Utah. The Bulls were interested in Redick as a FA and Memphis supposedly expressed recent interest. I haven't heard directly that Minnesota, Milwaukee and Utah have talked to Orlando but Redick fits their systems and/or fills a need

He'd be a nice fit, but how much would we really want to offer for an expiring?
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
Dewey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,019

Re: Redick Rumor 

Post#2 » by Dewey » Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:16 pm

the unused DW sitting on the end of the bench might work
Flip response to Love wanting out, "He has no reason to be upset, you're either a part of the problem or a part of the solution"
southern wolf
General Manager
And1: 2,163

Post#3 » by southern wolf » Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:20 pm

Redick would be perfect at SG and I think he would re-sign in Minny, he's a pretty loyal player. Re-signing him and Pek might be tricky though.
Dewey
Lead Assistant

Post#4 » by Dewey » Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:23 pm

southern wolf wrote:Redick would be perfect at SG and I think he would re-sign in Minny, he's a pretty loyal player. Re-signing him and Pek might be tricky though.

true but clearly believe it would get done.
Flip response to Love wanting out, "He has no reason to be upset, you're either a part of the problem or a part of the solution"
Vindicater
General Manager
And1: 423

Post#5 » by Vindicater » Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:20 pm

shrink wrote:
Ric Bucher wrote:More from the Trade Winds: it would surprise no one if JJ Redick were moved before the February trade deadline, but

there's no urgency on the part of the Magic for several reasons, according to a source. One: after a rough 5-10 start, Orlando has gone 6-3, a burst not coincidentally launched by a soul-satisfying win over former teammate Dwight Howard and the Lakers. If Redick is moved, it will be for a younger talent and/or a draft pick and the Magic wouldn't mind staying competitive for as long as they can this season. Two: as of right now, the potential suitors aren't anywhere near making their best offer. The likeliest trade partners: Chicago, Memphis, Minnesota, Milwaukee, Utah. The Bulls were interested in Redick as a FA and Memphis supposedly expressed recent interest. I haven't heard directly that [u]Minnesota, Milwaukee and Utah have talked to Orlando but Redick fits their systems and/or fills a need [/u]

He'd be a nice fit, but how much would we really want to offer for an expiring?

Look at the underlined red bit.

Read it.

Read it again.

Explain to me how this is a rumour?
"That's why the last two years weren't guaranteed," Walsh said. "Either way, he knew it could have happened either way."
Nitroglycerin
Starter
And1: 528

Post#6 » by Nitroglycerin » Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:44 pm

IMO we have a better chance at getting Reddick's former teammate Courtney Lee.

Celtics don't need him with Terry, Barbosa and Bradley. They need a point guard that can sub for Rondo, can handle the ball and be an instant offense much like a Nate Robinson which led them to the finals.

We have a guy like that we can dispose which is Barea. Unlike with the Magic. I dont think we have the assets to lure Reddick or AA here.

Can shoot, plays defense and can run the floor.
Lee has played for Adelman before. But i didnt watched the Rox before. Did he played well with Adelman's Rockets?
Trust the PRosas!
shrink
RealGM

Post#7 » by shrink » Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:46 pm

Vindicater wrote:Explain to me how this is a rumour?

It's a rumor that he's available for trade, and I wanted to hand over more specifics, since he would fit MIN.

By the way, don't get all fancy-pants sticking your extra "u"'s in your words like "rumor!" I bet you even used the red font because it's your "favourite colour!"
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
shrink
RealGM

Post#8 » by shrink » Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:15 pm

Kahn touch this wrote:IMO we have a better chance at getting Reddick's former teammate Courtney Lee.

Celtics don't need him with Terry, Barbosa and Bradley. They need a point guard that can sub for Rondo, can handle the ball and be an instant offense much like a Nate Robinson which led them to the finals.

We have a guy like that we can dispose which is Barea. Unlike with the Magic. I dont think we have the assets to lure Reddick or AA here.

Can shoot, plays defense and can run the floor.
Lee has played for Adelman before. But i didnt watched the Rox before. Did he played well with Adelman's Rockets?

Terry handles the back-up PG duties when Rondo isn't in there - Barbosa actually plays a tiny amount of 3rd PG. I'd be very interested in sending Barea though.

The trade board people disagree with me, but I'm very concerned about his horrible start, and four-year deal. Does anyone have an explanation for how badly Lee is doing?
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Post#9 » by C.lupus » Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:33 pm

I know this is reading way, way, way too much into things but did you guys notice who Marney Gelner interviewed after the game last night?

[RCG]
Head Coach
And1: 135

Post#10 » by [RCG] » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:52 pm

Redick for Barea + Memphis 1st would be ideal. Re-sign him, Budinger and Pek. We would have amazing depth. Lets see Taylor spend a little money for a bona-fide contender.

Rubio/Ridnour
Redick/Shved
Kirilenko/Budinger
Love/Williams/Cunninham
Pekovic/Stiemsma
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt
Krapinsky
RealGM
And1: 1,929

Post#11 » by Krapinsky » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:41 pm

[RCG] wrote:Redick for Barea + Memphis 1st would be ideal. Re-sign him, Budinger and Pek. We would have amazing depth. Lets see Taylor spend a little money for a bona-fide contender.

Rubio/Ridnour
Redick/Shved
Kirilenko/Budinger
Love/Williams/Cunninham
Pekovic/Stiemsma

I think you're taking us into lux territory there. Probably need to move William's salary if you're resigning all three of those guys.
FinnTheHuman wrote: Your post is just garbage.

NewWolvesOrder wrote:Garbage post, indeed.
Vindicater
General Manager
And1: 423

Post#12 » by Vindicater » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:03 pm

shrink wrote:
Vindicater wrote:Explain to me how this is a rumour?

It's a rumor that he's available for trade, and I wanted to hand over more specifics, since he would fit MIN.

By the way, don't get all fancy-pants sticking your extra "u"'s in your words like "rumor!" I bet you even used the red font because it's your "favourite colour!"

Fancy pants?
"That's why the last two years weren't guaranteed," Walsh said. "Either way, he knew it could have happened either way."
[RCG]
Head Coach
And1: 135

Post#13 » by [RCG] » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:49 pm

Krapinsky wrote:
[RCG] wrote:Redick for Barea + Memphis 1st would be ideal. Re-sign him, Budinger and Pek. We would have amazing depth. Lets see Taylor spend a little money for a bona-fide contender.

Rubio/Ridnour
Redick/Shved
Kirilenko/Budinger
Love/Williams/Cunninham
Pekovic/Stiemsma

I think you're taking us into lux territory there. Probably need to move William's salary if you're resigning all three of those guys.

They call it the "luxury" tax for a reason. It'd be a luxury to have all of those players! :lol:
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt
sorokii
Junior
And1: 32

Post#14 » by sorokii » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:33 pm

It would be great, Redick playing alongside Rubio (he has been all his career with Jameer Nelson at PG spot) would rise his PPG a lot.
da da da da daaaaaa...
Tirion
Assistant Coach
And1: 290

Post#15 » by Tirion » Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:11 am

That's not a rumor, that's speculation.
Nyce_1
RealGM
And1: 5,974

Post#16 » by Nyce_1 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:30 pm

Tirion wrote:That's not a rumor, that's speculation.

Does this pass a rumor?

Count the Minnesota Timberwolvesamong the teams that will be interested in trading for J.J. Redick if theOrlando Magic decide to make the veteran shooting guard available, reports Darren Wolfson of ESPN 1500 in Minneapolis.

According to Wolfson, Minnesota will need to offer Orlando more than Derrick Williams, the second overall pick in the 2011 NBA Draft, if it hopes to pry Redick from the Magic.

http://www.orlandopinstripedpost.com/20 ... ando-magic
theGreatRC
RealGM
And1: 4,882

Post#17 » by theGreatRC » Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:09 pm

"Minnesota will need to offer Orlando more than Derrick Williams"

Dysfunctional Wolves fan
zauchary
Junior
And1: 28

Post#18 » by zauchary » Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:29 pm

Hmmmn, still can't believe the disrespect Barea gets on here. The guy really is the reason the Wolves won the game against the Thunder the other night. He plays with the pace that Adelman wants, always putting pressure on the other team. Adelman will not be getting rid of the guy. Sorry.
Dewey
Lead Assistant

Post#19 » by Dewey » Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:39 pm

I'd give DW, but I highly doubt we'd need to give more value for Reddick - just make the $ work ... DW has not been seeing the minutes and we know he certainly could be playing more, but the fact AR and Kahn have determined he is a 4, we are merely preserving his status and using him to give AK and Love a break until we move him ... With Big Baby down now for 4-6 weeks, Orlando could use a PF, so maybe the timing is good.

The question IMO is if we deal DW, can we re-sign Reddick, Bud, and Pek next summer? ... and are we merely trying to determine Roys fate before pulling the trigger on any DW deals?

Rubio/JJB
Reddick/Shved
AK/Bud
Love/Cunningham
Pek/Steimsma
Dewey
Lead Assistant

Post#20 » by Dewey » Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:13 pm

zauchary wrote:Hmmmn, still can't believe the disrespect Barea gets on here. The guy really is the reason the Wolves won the game against the Thunder the other night. He plays with the pace that Adelman wants, always putting pressure on the other team. Adelman will not be getting rid of the guy. Sorry.

I Agree but its like beating a dead horse on these boards ... when he's healthy, he performs pretty well for the money and its invaluable to have a championship player on the squad.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves